July 2011 Filers

Oh wow the first paragraph I read from the blog is pretty disturbing:

USCIS has been implementing new filing procedures for many petitions and applications filed at USCIS Service Centers. Instead of filing applications directly with the USCIS Service Centers (Vermont, Texas, Nebraska, or California), USCIS now requires many applications to be sent to a designated “lockbox” facility run by contractors,rather than USCIS. This has caused significant delays in receiving Forms I-797C, more commonly known as receipt notices.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh wow the first paragraph I read from the blog is pretty disturbing:

USCIS has been implementing new filing procedures for many petitions and applications filed at USCIS Service Centers. Instead of filing applications directly with the USCIS Service Centers (Vermont, Texas, Nebraska, or California), USCIS now requires many applications to be sent to a designated “lockbox” facility run by contractors,rather than USCIS. This has caused significant delays in receiving Forms I-797C, more commonly known as receipt notices.

I agree, the private contractors really have no reason to respond to our e-mails to the lockbox email address and it is very disturbing

Wow now there is three people who are affected by CHYBA and his/her ineptness. I cant see that all three packets are wrong if they are going to be sent back. That would be too much of a coincidence.

I completely agree! 3 ppl excluding me checked my paperwork and we didn't notice anything missing...now there are 3 of us who had delays and were handled by Chyba...
Also, they return files within 15 days, it has been more than 15 days for ALL 3 of us...so I doubt that is the case...

Does anyone know who the rest of the people are at the Chicago Lockbox facility? I have seen Bush, Chyba and Nesbit.

I am going on a hunger strike until CHYBA comes clean. Down with CHYBA! Down with CHYBA!! Down with CHYBA!!!

Hello all,

My lawyer sent in our application on the 11th of July - which included our AOS, EAD, AP etc. - but we haven't heard anything back yet. The checks have not been cashed. Tomorrow is Day 10 and I am hoping we will hear something tomorrow. How weird that all our timelines are different but I am very grateful this forum exists - it makes me feel not so alone. What a hassle this whole process is. Ugh.

St. Paul, Minnesota

11-July-11 Application sent to Chicago, IL - Day 1
XX-XXX-XX USCIS Received Application
XX-XXX-XX Check Cleared
XX-XXX-XX Notice of Action Received
XX-XXX-XX Biometrics Notification
XX-XXX-XX Biometrics Date
XX-XXX-XX Employment Authorization Document Received I-765
XX-XXX-XX Interview Letter
XX-XXX-XX Interview Date
XX-XXX-XX Green Card Received

I was not trying to be negative by saying the package is likely being returned to you. I believe everyone on this forum is rooting for the next person.

1. I HOPE NOT
2. Based on the discussion I had with tier 2 support today, that is most likely NOT the case (she said 'if they had to return it you would have it by now, some ppl just take 4-6 weeks' and based on reading experiences of others here there are a NUMBER of cases that took longer than a month, whereas mine has not even been 30 days)
3. There is no way for anyone to know that...
4. I repeat I HOPE NOT
5. I would prefer to be positive and being delayed it far more positive
6. I don't recall missing anything, I had 3 pairs of eyes review it...ppl who hadn't helped me fill it to get a fresh independent review and nothing obvious was noticed
7. Did I mention I would like to be positive and sincerely appreciate rok8man and other's support?!
8. Did I mention I hope NOT!?

So, in a nutshell, I and 3 other ppl don't see any reason for a return, there are numerouis examples of ppl recieving thiers after 30 days and it hasn't been 30 for mine yet...
WTC trace is still in progress...and I hope to have some good news to share soon...

Hello all,

My lawyer sent in our application on the 11th of July - which included our AOS, EAD, AP etc. - but we haven't heard anything back yet. The checks have not been cashed. Tomorrow is Day 10 and I am hoping we will hear something tomorrow. How weird that all our timelines are different but I am very grateful this forum exists - it makes me feel not so alone. What a hassle this whole process is. Ugh.

St. Paul, Minnesota

11-July-11 Application sent to Chicago, IL - Day 1
XX-XXX-XX USCIS Received Application
XX-XXX-XX Check Cleared
XX-XXX-XX Notice of Action Received
XX-XXX-XX Biometrics Notification
XX-XXX-XX Biometrics Date
XX-XXX-XX Employment Authorization Document Received I-765
XX-XXX-XX Interview Letter
XX-XXX-XX Interview Date
XX-XXX-XX Green Card Received

Welcome SLK and go ahead and include the timeline in your sig, instructions of which were presented earlier in this thread...you can look at some of our timelines and feel confident that the outsourced lockbox is manned by the cheapest labor from the cheapest bidder in typical govt fashion and therefore you are most def not alone bud :)

I think we need to have a party when everyones check gets cashed... now we have a fourth in the fray... I feel bad for all....

Mantikos any word from the trace yet? I am going to hold my breath while ananga goes on a hunger strike...I have a feeling I will look like Papa smurf in no time.

Thank you. I am not sure who received it. I will ask my lawyer and find out. I hope it's not CHYBA. Do you think CHYBA is an actual agent or just someone who accepts delivery? If it turns out he/she is the person who accepted mine, I will be very annoyed. I was on my OPT and my EAD expired last week. I terminated my employment but my employer is not hiring anyone for the position right now and will hire me back -- unless there's a screw up and I am out of work until November.

Our application was super elaborate and detailed. We have a good lawyer who has been doing this for a while. I think by the time we were done, there were 52 tabs in our file. Not that that really means anything, I guess. I think it's mostly about luck -- who you get as your agent.

I definitely agree to the party bit. You can have a drink on me if I get my EAD card by the first week of September, rok8man.

I think we need to have a party when everyones check gets cashed... now we have a fourth in the fray... I feel bad for all....

Mantikos any word from the trace yet? I am going to hold my breath while ananga goes on a hunger strike...I have a feeling I will look like Papa smurf in no time.

Naah this shit gets funnier...the trace takes at least a week to complete per the USCIS agent this morning...contrary to what the agent who booked it told me...lol
LOL @ the smurf comment...let's plan a couple of drinks on me when all 4 of our checks get cashed...lol

Their story is never consistent. One agent says this, another says that. Don't they have general guidelines from which they act? Why the inconsistency all over the place. Ridiculous. Maybe the government needs to outsource USCIS lol!

Their story is never consistent. One agent says this, another says that. Don't they have general guidelines from which they act? Why the inconsistency all over the place. Ridiculous. Maybe the government needs to outsource USCIS lol!

Haha...hope you are eating :p

Well this is what happened when they outsourced the lockbox...I can't wait to see how horrible an outsourced USCIS would be lol

I personally think they should assign some sort of a number to the packet as soon as they receive it so it would be easier to track in case something goes awry. I dont want the entire USCIS outsourced either .... no telling what kind of chaos that would unleash....