July 2011 Filers

Tomorrow morning I will send my package via UPS one quick question. When I went to get a money order I had to get one for $1000.00 and the other for $490.00 since the guy at Cash and Checks said they dont do Money Orders over $1000 would that be an issue ?

Tomorrow morning I will send my package via UPS one quick question. When I went to get a money order I had to get one for $1000.00 and the other for $490.00 since the guy at Cash and Checks said they dont do Money Orders over $1000 would that be an issue ?

Hi!

We just sent our package a week ago. We were also confused on what to do with the checks/money order. We called twice and we were told (although the agents seem unsure) that it's safer to have them separated (fees by application) in case your I-130 and your I-485 may not be reviewed at the same time (in case the other one needs further review and the other one is pending further review, etc). We wanted to make sure so what we did was we got $420 money order from USPS for the I-130 and then got a cashier's check from the bank for $1070. :)

Hope this helps.

Still waiting for any form of confirmation on mine.

Yes I agree with xingsin. that is a safe way to go. Does any body know how long the USCIS takes to process your application if you over paid? Yours truly did.

You stand the risk of having your package returned. I think I have read somewhere on this forum about people who had their packages returned for doing something similar.

Mantikos have you checked your junk/spam folder? Sometimes things will go to that folder even if the emails are legit. Might be a good idea to check it just in case.

Yea, I use a custom domain and have checked all my folders (I don't get Spam since it's a custom domain), I e-mailed them on the 19th and then again yesterday on the 25th using my company's domain instead of my custom one...in the hope they actually recieve it and respond this time.

This is such an f'in frustrating process, I am what 3-4 days away from 30 days and still nothing and worst of all no reason/response or explanation...
what was soooooo spl about my aplication...jeez...dtr8 fwd clean case F1->OPT->H1B->got married to PR, then she became USC->GC application...

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello mantikos!

I know you're getting frustrated. I'm sorry about that. Just be more patient and give them a call or check on them every few days or so. It's already been signed for so it's really with them now and not lost in transit. We'll keep on cheering for you! :)

It's only been a week for me and I know the wait is nothing compared to yours, but in a way I'm also getting a little worried because I haven't received a receipt number. When I compare my timeline to the rest here, majority had their application going within a week. I'll just wait.

Hello mantikos!

I know you're getting frustrated. I'm sorry about that. Just be more patient and give them a call or check on them every few days or so. It's already been signed for so it's really with them now and not lost in transit. We'll keep on cheering for you! :)

It's only been a week for me and I know the wait is nothing compared to yours, but in a way I'm also getting a little worried because I haven't received a receipt number. When I compare my timeline to the rest here, majority had their application going within a week. I'll just wait.

Thanks xingxin and hope your processing picks up soon...do you know who signed for your application?

Thanks xingxin and hope your processing picks up soon...do you know who signed for your application?

See that's another problem. I didn't get that feature for my package. I only put delivery confirmation (boo!). It says it was delivered at 6:52am of the 20th. I didn't know USPS delivers mail that early. Hopefully nothing will go wrong because I don't have any pointperson to say that my package was signed by him/her.

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/us...nnel=db029c7755cb9010VgnVCM10000045f3d6a1RCRD
Hello, the above mentioned link is from the uscis website about filing tips.

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/us...nnel=1a71898ab9c8f210VgnVCM100000082ca60aRCRD

This one answers a few questions about the intake processing.

I have sent 420 for I 130; 1070 for I 485; 380 for I 765 . I have wrote seperate checks for each of the payment, last night sent them an email saying they can cut the unneeded 380 check if they want to, not sure if will do any good.

XINGXIN, I have heard it takes about 15 days for them to return your application(hope that's not the case with you), however if you don't hear from them anything within 15 days, you may want to try emailing them and inquire about your status. (Just my two cents), do write them all the available information you have, like when you sent it, the usps tracking number, when was is delivered etc.

Mantikos, sorry I know you are frustrated and probably upset, but please do not snap at them, I read in other forums, some of the people took as long as 40 days before getting a receipt number. How ever a lady who had an employment based and family based petiton, she got her gc in three months!!!
good luck

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/us...nnel=db029c7755cb9010VgnVCM10000045f3d6a1RCRD
Hello, the above mentioned link is from the uscis website about filing tips.

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/us...nnel=1a71898ab9c8f210VgnVCM100000082ca60aRCRD

This one answers a few questions about the intake processing.

I have sent 420 for I 130; 1070 for I 485; 380 for I 765 . I have wrote seperate checks for each of the payment, last night sent them an email saying they can cut the unneeded 380 check if they want to, not sure if will do any good.

XINGXIN, I have heard it takes about 15 days for them to return your application(hope that's not the case with you), however if you don't hear from them anything within 15 days, you may want to try emailing them and inquire about your status. (Just my two cents), do write them all the available information you have, like when you sent it, the usps tracking number, when was is delivered etc.

Mantikos, sorry I know you are frustrated and probably upset, but please do not snap at them, I read in other forums, some of the people took as long as 40 days before getting a receipt number. How ever a lady who had an employment based and family based petiton, she got her gc in three months!!!
good luck

Thanks mraman...I must be honest I am pretty darn close...not ONLY because I have no clue as to what has become of my application but more because of the fact USCIS themselves don't know where my application is, how to locate it, and what the correct next step is...#$#$%@!#@%#%%$^@!@#!

Last edited by a moderator:
...last night sent them an email saying they can cut the unneeded 380 check if they want to, not sure if will do any good.

They will return the check to you with a standard rejection notice for the I-765 fee while continuing to process the application.

Thank you Ananga73, wish I knew how long it will take them to process it, however they said they don't know it themselves

Thanks mraman...I must be honest I am pretty darn close...not ONLY because I have no clue as to what has become of my application but more because of the fact USCIS themselves don't know where my application is, how to locate it, and what the correct next step is...#$#$%@!#@%#%%$^@!@#!

Are you kidding me? They dont know what happened to your app after they accepted it. Thats ridiculous!!!!!!!!!!