July 2009 N-400 Filers

How many days after completing the FP we should expect the interview letter?? I am getting ready to get all the paperwork together like proof of tickets paid, tax transcripts etc.

Aaarrrrrgggggh....then i am gonna shave it off. I think i will wait till i get my US passport and then start growing it again....:p

*Sorry guys... I know this sounds retarded

zombie, I was in and out in about 20 minutes today. No pictures were taken. They use the pictures you send with your N-400 app when they give you the naturalization certificate. You should be okay.

I've never heard of pictures taken during the fingerpriting appt......I don't think they do at all. The only pictures for the citizenship process are the 2 you send with your application.

I've never heard of pictures taken during the fingerpriting appt......I don't think they do at all. The only pictures for the citizenship process are the 2 you send with your application.

I think they do. I went for fingerprinting; British Visa and the same exact facility and procedure. You get fingerprinted and pictured. Putting a 'face' on those hand prints!

I think they do. I went for fingerprinting; British Visa and the same exact facility and procedure. You get fingerprinted and pictured. Putting a 'face' on those hand prints!

Really? this is the first time I hear this......I guess I will put make up on that day haha

Signature

To do walk-in FP, do you have to notify the people over there that you were not scheduled but doing as walkinsso that they may not presume you are abandoning your application.
or do they know automatically.
Thanks.

I just send my N-400 Lewisville, TX 75029 through USPS lock box. I got the following confirmation that Delivered LEWISVILLE TX 75067 08/06/09 1:17pm. Is this normal since the zip code is 75029? Any body seen this issue before?

I just send my N-400 Lewisville, TX 75029 through USPS lock box. I got the following confirmation that Delivered LEWISVILLE TX 75067 08/06/09 1:17pm. Is this normal since the zip code is 75029? Any body seen this issue before?

Yeah, I got the same update on the USPS site. I assumed they delivered it to USCIS office even though they had a PO Box as they had way too much mail to be contained in the box. Just a theory :). In any case, you should be fine.

To do walk-in FP, do you have to notify the people over there that you were not scheduled but doing as walkinsso that they may not presume you are abandoning your application.
or do they know automatically.
Thanks.

I am not sure I understand. If you are abandoning the application, why would you even walk in to get the FP done sooner? Can't see why they would think that.

If there are a lot of people, you may have to convince them why you need to get it done sooner than your scheduled date.

I'm lost.....lol

Whats up with people filling for N-400 a day after greencard? isn't there a 3 year waiting period no more? enlighten me, been gone for quite some time now....lol:):):)

Whats up with people filling for N-400 a day after greencard? isn't there a 3 year waiting period no more? enlighten me, been gone for quite some time now....lol:):):)

Not sure where you noticed that. But you maybe seeing that for I-751 applicants (removal of condition for marriage based GCs). They can apply for removal of conditions after 2 years of getting the conditional GC. Most of the time, it seems to take about a year to process. In their case, they can apply for N-400 after 3 years of permanent residency which maybe why you are seeing people apply after they get their regular GC around the 3 year timeframe.

Looks like you are confused with individuals posting I-751 approval (& received card).

I-751 is for removing condition on greencard and I belive the actual greencard (I-485 approval) date for such individuals is over 3 years.