July 2009 Family Based Filers - Post Here

There you go, so I guess (not for sure of course), but by the time lines, you should be receiving some good news next week!

Good Luck!! :)

Yes you were right, at least thats how it looks. I guess it doesn't really matter how soon you do your FP, it seem that they go only by your assigned date.

Good luck everyone

Does anyone know if someone could do walk-in interview? I think some people will take advantage of it if it is indeed possible.

Went for FP on August 22, 2009. Updating the time line.

Congrats to Spanish girl, afrank and diegowarrior for receiving the interview letters and good luck for the interview.

July 20 2009: Receipt Date
July 23 2009: Notice Date
July 27 2009; Checks Encashed
July 27 2009: NOA received
July 31 2009: Received Notice for FP (on Aug 22, 2009)
Aug 22 2009: FP Done for both I 485 and I 765

Last edited by a moderator:
FP notice delay

Hello,

I received the NOAs for I485, I765 on 8/15 but have not received any notice for FP. I called USCIS and they said I have to call them back if I do not receive the FP notice after 30 days from the NOA receipts.

Is it normal? I saw some of the applicants in this forum received FP notice within 1 week from their NOA receipt dates.

Please help.

Hi guys,

Guess what I see in the mail today?!! Both EAD and AP are in the mail :eek:. What a pleasant surprise! The next thing I should be waiting for is the interview letter then. In the mean time, looking for a job!!

And good luck to all who have interview letter. Be prepared and everything will be fine.

Hello,

I received the NOAs for I485, I765 on 8/15 but have not received any notice for FP. I called USCIS and they said I have to call them back if I do not receive the FP notice after 30 days from the NOA receipts.

Is it normal? I saw some of the applicants in this forum received FP notice within 1 week from their NOA receipt dates.

Please help.

It took me 3 weeks!!!! Do not worry at all!!! It will come soon :)

Hello,

Please help.

Hello Asian485,

Everybody's process is different. You should not be worry, it could take 1 to 2 weeks before you hear something from the USCIS for your FP appointment. Everything should be fine.

Update us when you have the FP notice :)

Cheers,

Hi guys,

Guess what I see in the mail today?!! Both EAD and AP are in the mail :eek:. What a pleasant surprise! The next thing I should be waiting for is the interview letter then. In the mean time, looking for a job!!

And good luck to all who have interview letter. Be prepared and everything will be fine.

Thats awesome!!! I am happy for you!!!

Hey I have a question for everyone...
I have thousands of pictures and over 20 plane tickets for my Husband and I.. going to Canada, US.. to Mexico and Vegas together etc etc.. But I CAN not find the ticket on my Husbands email for his 2 trips to Canada.. but the funny thing is, when we were in Alberta (my province) we saw the Prime minister Steven Harper at the movie theaters, and both got pictures with him. I have them saved on both e-mail and my blackberry. This should be sufficient proff of my husband coming to Canada right? We also have hundreds of pictures in my city and going to the Rocky Mountains etc? Thanks

Ps. how much proof should I bring? I have sooo much .. but my friend is telling me to calm down and not bring too much. lol... advice.

Does anyone know if someone could do walk-in interview? I think some people will take advantage of it if it is indeed possible.
No, it's not possible. They need to transfer files to the local office and do other preparations, so they won't allow walk-in interviews.

Interview letter!!! For sept. 22 2009.
I-797c notice of action.
That's great! So even if your case is denied for leaving the US without Advance Parole, you still get to switch to consular processing and wait in Canada for the interview while you continue your schooling there, without having wasted much time on the I-485 (i.e. it's not like you waited 10 months for an interview only to be denied).

That's great! So even if your case is denied for leaving the US without Advance Parole, you still get to switch to consular processing and wait in Canada for the interview while you continue your schooling there, without having wasted much time on the I-485 (i.e. it's not like you waited 10 months for an interview only to be denied).

Well I hope it gets approved.. the documents say dates processed July 22nd, and I was back in the US by July 14th.

Good luck to me.. and everyone!

No, it's not possible. They need to transfer files to the local office and do other preparations, so they won't allow walk-in interviews.

Thanks.. I was being sarcastic.. you know, some people think their case is the most important case USCIS has ever received.. Walk-in FP, Expedite requests without merit.. so why no walk-in interview..

Visa Nutz, please get a life.

You live on this site, find something else to do other than trying to start fights. Maybe getting a job, or doing something more constructive with your time. This is 1 thread out of 3 - 4 others that I have seen you just sit on and make others feel low.

Good day.

I live on this site? Have 240 posts in near 2 years, whereas you have 174 in 2 months.

Good math:D

I try to help others, and also ask sincere questions. You however, try very hard to cause others trouble.

Being adults, seriously, lay off the "cyber sarcasm"

Once again,

Good day.

When I am seeing the signatures it looks like most of you have sent it to the Chicago Lock box (and it also gives this location in USCIS website for Family Based GC's for certain criteria) but we have filed it at the National Benefits Center (and USCIS website also has the same info online for our application on I 485, I 765 and I 131).

Does it make a difference (and where should the forms be generally filed at)??? Is it generally faster when we file forms at the Field office?

Any advise in this regard is appreciated.

July 20 2009: Receipt Date
July 23 2009: Notice Date
July 27 2009; Checks Encashed
July 27 2009: NOA received
July 31 2009: Received Notice for FP (on Aug 22, 2009)
Aug 22 2009: FP Done for both I 485 and I 765

you send your applications to whatever address is listed in the instructions and applies to you. it is not a choice.

Hi July Filers!

I'm new to the site but my NOA1 date was July 1st!

Here is my timeline:

06/23/09 - Mailed Flat rate box USPS
06/26/09 - Arrived at Chicago Office
07/02/09 - Checks Cashed!
07/07/09 - NOA's Arrive for AP, AOS & EAD [dated 07/01/09]
07/07/09 - Cases Added online
07/10/09 - Biometrics Letter Arrived [dated 07/07/09]
07/13/09 - I-130, I-765 Touched
07/17/09 - Biometrics Completed [ Completed in 17 Days ]
07/20/09 - I-765, I-485 Touched
07/21/09 - I-765, I-485 Touched
07/23/09 - Original Biometrics Appointment