July 2009 Family Based Filers - Post Here

You're correct, My first PF appt. only had one bar code for I-485 and the most recent one which i received today is for I-765 only. So Normally when everything is filled together, the FP apt. has 2 barcodes? one for 485 and 765?

Correct if you had the correct I-765 form you would of had 2 bar codes on the FP letter, one would be for the I-765 and the other would be for I-485.Just see if you can try to do walkin since you are planning a trip in a few days.

I did the walk-in this afternoon and they got me in fine. security guy was even joking around with me saying this time it's gonna be 100 bucks as he remembers me from the last week lol.

^^^Yes, you just "walk in" and get your FP done.... I did and I highly doubt that made any difference at all.

I did the walk-in this afternoon and they got me in fine. security guy was even joking around with me saying this time it's gonna be 100 bucks as he remembers me from the last week lol.[/QUOTE

Congrats Dude now you are on standby and waiting to receive your EAD in the mail. One thing I have noticed is that the Atlanta DO is not that busy things go pretty fast there.

Hi xkywalkor, I came in a J-1 visa and this visa has a requirement that makes you go back to your country and live there for 2 years before changing your status or immigrate to the US. Even if you overstayed you can't change your status. The only way is to get a waiver of the requirement from the Department of State and USCIS, through several ways, the easiest one for me was to get a No Objection from my home country saying that it was ok if I wouldn't go back there to help the country with the skills I got during my stay in the US.

Hi diegowarrior,

Have you got your EAD in the mail yet? I am still waiting for any update on my part but nothing has happened. Bored now.

Best luck.

Congrats Dude now you are on standby and waiting to receive your EAD in the mail. One thing I have noticed is that the Atlanta DO is not that busy things go pretty fast there.

Thanks, I see you got EAD pretty quickly. Is the processing based on after you get your FP for I-765 done? And is it a card or just a letter?

Thanks, I see you got EAD pretty quickly. Is the processing based on after you get your FP for I-765 done? And is it a card or just a letter?

Yes the picture on my wifes's EAD is the one that she took that day at the ASC not the one that we sent with our file in the beginning of last month.As far as the EAD it's a card that looks like a driver's license and the FP is two letters with scanned copies of the pictures we sent with the file in the beginning of last month.

^^^Yes, you just "walk in" and get your FP done.... I did and I highly doubt that made any difference at all.

Well I disagree we got an update email from CRIS about my wife's EAD 5 days after her FP were taken and she received her EAD card and FP a few weeks after the email. They need your picture and FP before they can print the card because the pic taken that day wa on the card and her fp was on as well.In a nutshell they need that info to print the cards.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi diegowarrior,

Have you got your EAD in the mail yet? I am still waiting for any update on my part but nothing has happened. Bored now.

Best luck.

Hi xkywalkor, no I haven't.. yesterday I received another email from CRIS saying that my EAD had been ordered (again)... so still waiting...

Well I disagree we got an update email from CRIS about my wife's EAD 5 days after her FP were taken and she received her EAD card and FP a few weeks after the email. They need your picture and FP before they can print the card because the pic taken that day wa on the card and her fp was on as well.In a nutshell they need that info to print the cards.

Yup, I think that try the Walk-in doesn't hurt our process. Possibly, it could help to speed up the process. If the picture that the FP officer took is on the card, then definitely the USCIS cannot process your EAD until they have your FP and pictures.

So I think walk-in should help to speed up the process.

Hi xkywalkor, no I haven't.. yesterday I received another email from CRIS saying that my EAD had been ordered (again)... so still waiting...

Did you have any information on your AP, also? Or they only touched on your EAD? I hope we get the EAD soon man.

Did you have any information on your AP, also? Or they only touched on your EAD? I hope we get the EAD soon man.

No, I didn't apply for AP, I got scared about traveling without the GC, so I decided to hold until I'll have it. So just EAD and GC.

Good Luck,

No, I didn't apply for AP, I got scared about traveling without the GC, so I decided to hold until I'll have it. So just EAD and GC.

Good Luck,

That is very true! It is risky to travel now. My wife and me also thought about that when we filed the forms. However, when we get the infopass to talk to immigration officer at our local office, she advised us to get the AP. She said that if you don't feel safe to travel without the GC, don't do it but the AP will help you in case of emergency and you need quickly to make travel decision. So we decided to file for the AP. It did not cost us anything anyway.

Well, good luck with everything. Please update the process so we know what is going on.

Best,

No update on mine yet, my I485 was last touched on Aug 3 and my I765 was on Jul 31. :confused:

What is CSC anyway? Is that the Office in California or something? And if that is the California office, why do cases in MA got transferred to CA?

Thanks,

What is CSC anyway? Is that the Office in California or something? And if that is the California office, why do cases in MA got transferred to CA?

Thanks,

Yes CSC is California Service Center. I don't know if all cases in MA are being transferred to CA.

Hey guys, we filed all our paperwork on the 29th of July, got my biometrics tomorrow... Anyone know how long roughly it takes? Any waiting around etc? Is it literally just fingerprints and photos - done?