July 2009 Family Based Filers - Post Here

Well everything happens for a reason and it wasn't meant for me to go back to school this fall. My request was denied the CRIS emailed me!

Update

OMG, they made decision that fast. I thought that we have to wait at least 3-5 days.

Anyways, sorry to hear that they have rejected your request. But thinking on the brigth side, you should have your AP, and EAD very soon.

Best,

Don't worry, by what I see on the time lines probably you will receive your AP soon anyway.

Hi diegowarrior,
Just for my curiosity, what is a J1 Waiver? I just want to know. By looking at your time line, I see that you are quite different from us who get married to USC. If you don't want to tell us, that is fine. But I just want to understand more.

Thanks,

Hi diegowarrior,
Just for my curiosity, what is a J1 Waiver? I just want to know. By looking at your time line, I see that you are quite different from us who get married to USC. If you don't want to tell us, that is fine. But I just want to understand more.

Thanks,

Hi xkywalkor, I came in a J-1 visa and this visa has a requirement that makes you go back to your country and live there for 2 years before changing your status or immigrate to the US. Even if you overstayed you can't change your status. The only way is to get a waiver of the requirement from the Department of State and USCIS, through several ways, the easiest one for me was to get a No Objection from my home country saying that it was ok if I wouldn't go back there to help the country with the skills I got during my stay in the US.

Hi xkywalkor, I came in a J-1 visa and this visa has a requirement that makes you go back to your country and live there for 2 years before changing your status or immigrate to the US. Even if you overstayed you can't change your status. The only way is to get a waiver of the requirement from the Department of State and USCIS, through several ways, the easiest one for me was to get a No Objection from my home country saying that it was ok if I wouldn't go back there to help the country with the skills I got during my stay in the US.

Hey, thanks for the interesting story. I did not know that if you were on a J-1, you could file for a Waiver.

Good luck.

Well everything happens for a reason and it wasn't meant for me to go back to school this fall. My request was denied the CRIS emailed me!

Update

Guys,
What does CRIS stand for? I could not find it in the abbreviation list in this forum. Is that a electronic system managed by the USCIS?

Thanks,

Yesterday I have received an NOA for a revised I-765 I had to re-submit couple of days ago since they sent me a rejection notice due to an old form and to redo it on a new form. So yesterday I got the NOA for that form, saying they received it and is being processed and the next thing I should receive is BIO FP appt.

Why would it say I wil have to go to my biometrics next when I have already received my FP appointment and have done then already? should I call and ask them or is just because that last form got delayed from all other forms I sent and it is just a routine they do?

THanks,

It might just be a form letter they send out whenever they get an I-765. If you have already done your FP I wouldnt worry about it but you could always call them.

Yesterday I have received an NOA for a revised I-765 I had to re-submit couple of days ago since they sent me a rejection notice due to an old form and to redo it on a new form. So yesterday I got the NOA for that form, saying they received it and is being processed and the next thing I should receive is BIO FP appt.

Why would it say I wil have to go to my biometrics next when I have already received my FP appointment and have done then already? should I call and ask them or is just because that last form got delayed from all other forms I sent and it is just a routine they do?

THanks,

Hi Jacob_24,

When I received my FP notice, at the bottom of appointment letter, there were 2 barcodes that one was for I-485, and the other was for I-765.

Since you've rejected for I-765 with the reason of out-dated-form, I think that your previous FP appointment letter only stated that you were requested FP for only the I-485 application (Check the bottom of the previous letter to see how many barcodes you have).

Until now that the USCIS received your revised form, they resumed your I-765 case and will have to send you for FP again. And this time is just only for the I-765 application. You will only see 1 barcode at the bottom of your new coming FP letter, I suspect.

I think that it is OK. Don't worry too much.

Best,

Last edited by a moderator:
I am hoping we get our Travel documents soon. Canada seems soo appealing when you have been in another country for 4 months. Noone reply with "well if you don't like the US then go home." All Im saying, and mainly going out to the Canadians here.. is that I miss our Country lol.
Can anyone take an educated guess on the amount of time our travel docs should take?

OMG, they made decision that fast. I thought that we have to wait at least 3-5 days.

Best,

Yes I was surprised at the speed. They e-mailed me within 5 hours of my request. My guess is that because they could tell right away that it did not fit their criteria, they automatically sent the denial!

I am hoping we get our Travel documents soon. Canada seems soo appealing when you have been in another country for 4 months. Noone reply with "well if you don't like the US then go home." All Im saying, and mainly going out to the Canadians here.. is that I miss our Country lol.
Can anyone take an educated guess on the amount of time our travel docs should take?

You still have not receive any updates from USCIS yet ? no CRIS email or NOAs ? that's messed up because it usually don't that long to receive an answer from them after you have done your FP . I guess the IO assigned to your case is either lazy, slow or incompetent.Anyways what part of Canada are you from ? Because I have to admit that I grew up in Montreal and I liked it then.

I heard from the CRIS only when they denied my request for a expedited I-131. Other than that I'm still waiting. The last time they went into my files was July 31st.
I'm from good 'old Alberta :)

You still have not receive any updates from USCIS yet ? no CRIS email or NOAs ? that's messed up because it usually don't that long to receive an answer from them after you have done your FP . I guess the IO assigned to your case is either lazy, slow or incompetent.Anyways what part of Canada are you from ? Because I have to admit that I grew up in Montreal and I liked it then.

Hi afrank,

Do you remember how long after your FP that your received your update on EAD? I am just wondering how long would it take after the FP to hear something from them?

Hi Jacob_24,

When I received my FP notice, at the bottom of appointment letter, there were 2 barcodes that one was for I-485, and the other was for I-765.

Since you've rejected for I-765 with the reason of out-dated-form, I think that your previous FP appointment letter only stated that you were requested FP for only the I-485 application (Check the bottom of the previous letter to see how many barcodes you have).

Until now that the USCIS received your revised form, they resumed your I-765 case and will have to send you for FP again. And this time is just only for the I-765 application. You will only see 1 barcode at the bottom of your new coming FP letter, I suspect.

I think that it is OK. Don't worry too much.

Best,

Yep I got another FP appt this month for the I-765 form on 8/28/2009. I will call em tomorrow and ask them if i should ignore it or whether i should go again. I mean it wouldnt make much sense going twice for the same thing, since they already have my fp and a photo lol

No Jacob you will need to go to the FP appointment because I don't believe that it was taken the last time you were there . I bet you that you only had 1 bar code on the first FP appointment letter if that was the case you need to go back.

I heard from the CRIS only when they denied my request for a expedited I-131. Other than that I'm still waiting. The last time they went into my files was July 31st.
I'm from good 'old Alberta :)

Hang in there you should hear something from them sometime this month.I see that you are more on the mid west side.I guess you don't speak french , anyway let's hope the cheese ball assigned to your case would hurry up and speed up the process.

Hi afrank,

Do you remember how long after your FP that your received your update on EAD? I am just wondering how long would it take after the FP to hear something from them?

Yes , we received a CRIS email 10 days after the FP was taken and we received the AP and the EAD in the mail 7 days after we received the CRIS email.

No Jacob you will need to go to the FP appointment because I don't believe that it was taken the last time you were there . I bet you that you only had 1 bar code on the first FP appointment letter if that was the case you need to go back.

You're correct, My first PF appt. only had one bar code for I-485 and the most recent one which i received today is for I-765 only. So Normally when everything is filled together, the FP apt. has 2 barcodes? one for 485 and 765?

You're correct, My first PF appt. only had one bar code for I-485 and the most recent one which i received today is for I-765 only. So Normally when everything is filled together, the FP apt. has 2 barcodes? one for 485 and 765?

Right, usually when we filed everything together, the FP notice had 2 barcodes on it. Like mine, it has 2 barcodes. One for the I-485 and the other is for I-765. So I think that you will need to do another walk-in for your I-765 then.

It's good that they send you the FP for I-765, that means they process your forms correctly.:)