July 2009 Family Based Filers - Post Here

Hey guys, we filed all our paperwork on the 29th of July, got my biometrics tomorrow... Anyone know how long roughly it takes? Any waiting around etc? Is it literally just fingerprints and photos - done?

Yes it is photo and fingerprints only. You will fill out a small form in there before you go get your fp's done.

No update on mine yet, my I485 was last touched on Aug 3 and my I765 was on Jul 31. :confused:

**I think when I reply on my blackberry my time line doesn't show up**
Yeah I think we are in the similar shoes. BUT mine doesn't say that it has been transferred yet to any where. Everything was last touched on July 31st, except the I-131 form, which I requested an expedite and it got denied the same day, that's the only form that has been touched (8.13.09)

Last edited by a moderator:
**I think when I reply on my blackberry my time line doesn't show up**
Yeah I think we are in the similar shoes. BUT mine doesn't say that it has been transferred yet to any where. Everything was last touched on July 31st, except the I-131 form, which I requested an expedite and it got denied the same day, that's the only form that has been touched (8.13.09)

Hey Spanish Girl, for what date did you have your FP appointment?, not the walk-in but the real date, maybe they are supposed to touch your case 2-3 days after that date... just my guess, because that's how it happened to me.

Most K1s are transferred to CSC and most likely they don't get interviewed so I guess that is a good sign being transferred there :)

I really hope we dont get the interview, less stress! But still my EAD will be processed in Chicago, which i have not received any update yet since my FP.

I just received another email from CRIS saying that my EAD was approved... I guess they order the cards and later they approve them, weird...

I also doubt that Expedited petition did anything... they said they were going to give me an answer about it in 5 business days and they didn't, we called and the person said they couldn't give any info, that uscis was going to email me or call me with a response, that we had to wait. But now I see my EAD was approved by regular processing.

Hey Spanish Girl, for what date did you have your FP appointment?, not the walk-in but the real date, maybe they are supposed to touch your case 2-3 days after that date... just my guess, because that's how it happened to me.
**correction to this post that said August 16th**

Not August 16th, but August 19th was the scheduled appt. . . So yesterday..

I already have a SSC from my previous work authorization, do you guys know if I apply for another social security card with my new EAD, will they remove the "Valid for work only with dhs authorization" text on the new one, or do I have to wait until I get my GC?

Interview letter!!! For sept. 22 2009.
I-797c notice of action.

Sooo is this the actual interview... Or do we have 1 more interview after?
Shouldn't I have gotten my AP or work permit before this?
Is this a good sign.. As in my AP and work permit is coming soon?

Sorry for all the questions.. I'm excited!

I already have a SSC from my previous work authorization, do you guys know if I apply for another social security card with my new EAD, will they remove the "Valid for work only with dhs authorization" text on the new one, or do I have to wait until I get my GC?

Only one. To remove the "Valid for..." note, you will have to apply with your green card.

Interview letter!!! For sept. 22 2009.
I-797c notice of action.

Sooo is this the actual interview... Or do we have 1 more interview after?
Shouldn't I have gotten my AP or work permit before this?
Is this a good sign.. As in my AP and work permit is coming soon?

Sorry for all the questions.. I'm excited!

Nope you may get your AP and EAD between now and September 22nd after browsing the different blogs I noticed that some people get theirs without any NOA , but anyway once you do the interview if approved you will get your green card which will nullify both the EAD and the AP.