July 2009 Family Based Filers - Post Here

Does anyone know if we only have EAD, but no GC or interview scheduled, can we fill out W-9 forms (for employment, payments)?

Lol got my second letter saying that my green card had been ordered.

My husband and I also received letters "Welcome to the USA"

Still waiting for drivers license and green card to arrive.

card production was ordered

good news fellows. my card production was ordered september 26. this is what an email from uscis stated today.
i am very excited. by the way for how many years EAD is valid. my wife usc is filing for me

good news fellows. my card production was ordered september 26. this is what an email from uscis stated today.
i am very excited. by the way for how many years EAD is valid. my wife usc is filing for me
Card production ordered for what? The EAD? Or the GC? If it's the GC, forget about the EAD which is useless once your GC is approved.

EAD is normally valid for one year, but they sometimes grant 2 years for retrogressed cases (which normally only occurs with employment-based GC applications).

ead

well too soon for GC. it is the ead. i have read though that in marriage to usc cases EAD is 2 years valid. anything from your experience?

i learned that reading everyday from you guys here. all i wanted to know is EAD is for 1 or 2 years in my case that i am married to a USC. thanks

I've got my "Welcome to the USA" letter today. They also mail my wife another letter to tell her that the petition has been approved. But so far, no GC in the mail yet.

On a W-9 form one needs to certify that s/he is a us citizen or us person defined as u.s. resident alien, so it looks like even with an EAD I am still not a u.s. person...
You don't need form W-9 for regular employment. W-9 is for other situations involving a TIN for the tax reporting of a company, partnership, trust, etc. For regular employment you would get an SSN and use form I-9.

hey guys
just joined this forum. i need HELP!
i had my green card interview on sept 1 in san jose.its been a month now and there has not been any update. my interview officer said he would review our file that day and I would get my green card within 2 weeks. He said if he had any questions or needed anything else he would call me or mail me. But I havn't gotten anything in the mail and no updates online either. Its showing that its not even on the 'interview' stage yet even though we already had ours. My wife filed for me since she is a US citizen and I had a business visa which is valid for another few years and I can renew it again. But now that we filed for change of status I had to 'let go' of my I-94. So im worried as I havn't heard anything from them for a month now.

You don't need form W-9 for regular employment. W-9 is for other situations involving a TIN for the tax reporting of a company, partnership, trust, etc. For regular employment you would get an SSN and use form I-9.
I am actually in school and is scheduled for a rotation at a hospital where they will provide $100 for food while I am on call overnight. To receive these peanuts they are asking me to fill out a W9...

4 G-325A is required?

I did not see anywhere officially asking for 4 G-325A each, could you please provide a link? I remembered it was 4 set when I filed i-485 for myself before, but I did not see it anywhere when I file for my spouse.

Thank you.

My lawyer said you should have (4) G-325A each.. so a total of 8. Also, 6 passport photos of me (Canadian) and 2 from my US citizen Husband.

Also, what Country are you filing from, I am from Canada and Canadians don't get an I-94.

I got a letter in the mail today saying they will be sending me my welcome letter soon.... Umm... I got that in the mail last week haha.

I see no use for the USCIS emails. Since I started 3 months ago. They have never been accurate. Oh well, I'm just waiting for my green card now.

I am happy to share with you all that my GC has been approved. It was simple and easy.

Our Interview was at 11:30 AM. We were called inside at 12:00 PM. The interviewer was very nice.

It hardly lasted for max 15 minutes. We were out by 12:15 or so...

Just asked for my name and DOB. Then she asked whether we have children. We said one then she asked for the copy of my child's BC. Where my husband is working? She asked us for the marriage date. Then she asked me the routine "yes" and "no" questions.

When I first and last entered the country? Since when I am working for the company. Whether I have been in the same status since I entered.

My husband was asked as to which company I am working for?

I was asked for my cell phone no and husband his no and she put in the same in a paper and asked us to sign the paper.

She said "I am approved for a 10 year GC and I will be getting it in 3 weeks.".

We thanked her and left...

Thanks to one and all in this forum - who have supported us and helped us with our queries....

Congrats to guinness301, AkaMuzik, xkywalkor and Nightkd!

Best of luck to those who are having interview in the coming days...

______________________ __
Application sent for wife (I 485, I 131 and I 765)
I 130 Approved in June 2009

July 20 2009: Receipt Date
July 23 2009: Notice Date
July 27 2009; Checks Encashed
July 27 2009: NOA received
July 31 2009: Received Notice for FP (on Aug 22, 2009)
Aug 22 2009: FP Done for both I 485 and I 765
Sep 11 2009: EAD Card Ordered
Sep 11 2009: AP received
Sep 13 2009: Received EAD
Sep 30 2009: Interiew - Approved

Last edited by a moderator:
Still nothing in the mail, letters or the such...I don't think our status has been updated online for the I-485, but I'm not bothered by that... Bit worried because our mail absolutely sucks! Things get lost and stuff and now just happens to be one of the times that everything is going missing! Argh!

Lol SpanishGirl! Oh dear... I had a similar thing happen when I started my last job, got told my telephone that I'd get a letter telling me when/where to go and who to ask for...fortunately she told me my starting date so I just went in and received the letter with all the details about my first day about a week after I'd started!!! Bloomin' government departments!! :rolleyes: