JULY 2007 filers, post your timelines !

Update: received receipt notice for I-130 on September 1st with a Notice Date of August 29. No receipts received for I-485 and I-765

Timeline

Hi all.

Thanks for this great thread first of all.

My timeline is in my signiture.

I had just a few questions if someone could please help I would be greateful.

So as my timeline says I just got the NOAs for Is (130, 485, 765):
- What should I be expecting next?
- If checks are cashed can you still get RFEs or if cashed does it mean applications are complete.
- I saw someone who had checks cashed and received NOAs but later received RFE for I-864. Does that mean he did not put the supporting documents requested in file, or can it be that he did, but they requested something else?
- I am new to all this and I am a little lost with all the abbreviations. I figured out NOA, RFE, FP and FP codes (1-3) but could someone tell me what are:RD, ND and LUD .

Thanks guys.

Hi all.

Thanks for this great thread first of all.

My timeline is in my signiture.

I had just a few questions if someone could please help I would be greateful.

So as my timeline says I just got the NOAs for Is (130, 485, 765):
- What should I be expecting next?
- If checks are cashed can you still get RFEs or if cashed does it mean applications are complete.
- I saw someone who had checks cashed and received NOAs but later received RFE for I-864. Does that mean he did not put the supporting documents requested in file, or can it be that he did, but they requested something else?
- I am new to all this and I am a little lost with all the abbreviations. I figured out NOA, RFE, FP and FP codes (1-3) but could someone tell me what are:RD, ND and LUD .

Thanks guys.

You can take a look at this thread I started for late filers before the fee hike, also take a look at the spreadsheet in my first post. http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=260712 Let me know you took a look by leaving you info weather you want me to add you or not. Thanks

questions.

Trinigirl, I checked the other thread and asked to be added.

Can someone please answer my questions.

Thanks

Next you should be expecting your bio letter with a few days to weeks, to go get your Finger Prints done. Then your interview letter or if anything is missing you will get a letter requesting it. After 90 day you should expect your work permit where you can go get a social security number.

Let me remind you things don't always go in that order. So check out May or June threads and look at their timelines it should give you a good idea of what you should expect next.

Also things are moving a little slower now because of the amount of apps USCIS received before the fee hike of July 30. So be very patient. Good news for you is you received your notices so sit tight and enjoy the ride with the rest of us. :)

Here is a link to help with the codes we use http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=252252&highlight=uscis+codes I this helped, just keep reading the old post and you should be a pro in no time.

Last edited by a moderator:
what to be waiting for

Thanks Trinigirl.

I already have a social security number. I came as a student in 2002 and went to school till end 2005, so I guess I am not waiting on that.

Thanks.

what to wait for

Also, sorry in my previous post I forgot to ask: Does the 90 day wait for employement card begin when they receive the documents, when they issue NOAs, or when you get fingerprinted?

Thanks

Greetings everyone!

I am new to the forums. I just wanted to post my timeline because I know everyone elses has been useful to me, I just hope mine will be useful for someone else.

I am a US citizen from Houston and I married an H1B holder. We concurrently filed our I-130 and I-485 at the Chicago lockbox. Will our file be sent to our Houston field office next or to the Texas service center?

Thanks for all the help!

Timeline

Sent to: Chicago lockbox

Residence: Houston, TX

Married: 01/06/2007:D
Sent: 07/28/2007 (Day 0)
Delivered: 07/30/2007 2:25pm (Day 1)
Checks cashed: 08/31/2007 :eek: (does that seem late?) (Day 33)
Notice date: ????? waiting:confused:

Also, sorry in my previous post I forgot to ask: Does the 90 day wait for employement card begin when they receive the documents, when they issue NOAs, or when you get fingerprinted?

Thanks

I believe it starts for the notice date if I'm wrong someone please correct me.

finally got my receipt letter I'm not sure what's next I guess they'll notify me as they need something

Thanks for the response What should my wife expect since she is in a different country? I'm filing this for her. thanks in advance

I answered this in another post, but wanted to do it here. I see you only filed the I130. Is that all you filed so far is so you should file the I148 and I175 if you spouse wants to work.

she wont be working right away bascially right now I want her to get to US when she gets here she is going stright to school shes Only 19 :) I'll post a question and see what reults i get

Did you file correctly?

she wont be working right away bascially right now I want her to get to US when she gets here she is going stright to school shes Only 19 :) I'll post a question and see what reults i get

Hi Delisi22

First of all, since your wife is outside USA, you will have to apply for green card through Consular Processing which will be done at US consulate in Macedonia. And that is following a different procedure at a different centre.

Only applicants who are already in US follow concurrent filing for "Adjustment of Status" at Chicago lockbox and they only post in this thread. I think you are following a wrong thread.

You may like to visit the thread posted by "Needyourhelp" on the first page
http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=202993&page=25

Last edited by a moderator:
Processing centre

Greetings everyone!

I am new to the forums. I just wanted to post my timeline because I know everyone elses has been useful to me, I just hope mine will be useful for someone else.

I am a US citizen from Houston and I married an H1B holder. We concurrently filed our I-130 and I-485 at the Chicago lockbox. Will our file be sent to our Houston field office next or to the Texas service center?

Thanks for all the help!

Timeline

Sent to: Chicago lockbox

Residence: Houston, TX

Married: 01/06/2007:D
Sent: 07/28/2007 (Day 0)
Delivered: 07/30/2007 2:25pm (Day 1)
Checks cashed: 08/31/2007 :eek: (does that seem late?) (Day 33)
Notice date: ????? waiting:confused:

Initial processing will be done by Missouri Service Centre aka NBC. I-130 approval may be through NBC/CSC/VSC. Final I-485 interview will be at local District office in Houston.

I know I filed correctly i sent it to lincoln nebraska then it was forwarded to california

this is the link someone on this forum gave me

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?autocom=custom&page=i130guide1

I know for sure its not done from macedonia it used to be like that but not anymore

Hi..

You have filed the proper documents for your wife who is not physically present in USA. However she will have the interview only in Macedonia. Please read all the website contents you have appended above especially paragraph 4 under "What happens after you mail out I-130". That thread gives a very clear picture how the processing takes place.

To make it clear: please be aware
1.that your wife can expect to apply for Green card only through Consular processing abroad, so long she is outside US.
2.or you can apply for her green card through "Adjustment of status" after she enters US using any appropriate visa (which she should apply and get in an US consulate outside USA) before the travel.