JULY 2007 filers, post your timelines !

Congrats amit

GC Interview - Approved !
Name Check Pending @#%$%$#%

So, I had the appointment for 2:30. We reached there at 2:00 and in about 20 minutes my name was called. Our immigration officer was probably like a mid 30ish woman. She took us to her office and swore us in. Then, she showed us a video recorder and said this interview will be recorded and that its a standard procedure. Then she asked me for my passport and my wife for some id (she gave her license). She took my I-94 and said standard procedure. She was quite cool and cheerful and that helped us relax. She then opened my file and asked me my personal details from the form like Name, address, social, ever married, ever applied for GC before, current status, Where i work etc. I answered them all. Then she asked the same questions to my wife. Then, as she was checking the forms she asked the Date of marriage and kept looking down at the forms. We were not sure who she was asking, so there was some silence for couple seconds and my wife then answered. The officer looked up and said, she usually doesn't ask this question to anyone in particular, as the men usually go blank or mess up the date and that sometimes creates some awkwardness etc. So, she said she just throws the question out there and waits for someone to answer . She then asked me what I have for her to prove the marriage, like bills, home etc. I gave her our utility bills, bank statements, lease document, insurance statements and our wedding album.
She looked at through the whole album(s) and browsed the bills. We chatted about the city (I have lived here for about 8 years) and the place we work at etc. during the interview process as gap fillers.
She then said they are waiting on the name check and since the FBI does that she can't really say when to expect that. But once that is done, I should be getting my GC. She then told us about the form to file to remove the conditional GC. She asked us if we had any questions. I asked her about travel and she printed the Travel form for us (I forget the number, its the standard Travel form). She then explained the infopass thing if we had to meet her for anything. And that was it.
We were out of her office by 2:40.

PS - Pardon the typos if any, I'm kinda sleepy but I felt I had to do this :)

Congrats amit and hope your name gets cleared faster.good luck .

Thanks a lot everyone :) and Good Luck !
And now, I wait .......................................

Congrats AmitD!!!
Sorry about the name check pending... On the other hand - your interview date came so fast thet they probably didn't have enough time to do the name check...
I wish you get that cleared in the next month or so...
Good luck!!!

Yep, just EAD & IL here!

Where are your updates Trini? Gosh Girl, it's your turn!!! GL getting something this week! I think it's your week!

Congrats amit and hope your name gets cleared faster.good luck .

Thanks a lot everyone :) and Good Luck !
And now, I wait .......................................

Congrats AmitD.....My interview is on 10/23 in the same office. I hope everything goes well.

I had one questions though, if your name check is pending, can you travel outside US? If yes, what is the procedure and how long does the procedure take... I am currently on H1B and am planning to travel on Dec 14th.

I had one questions though, if your name check is pending, can you travel outside US? If yes, what is the procedure and how long does the procedure take... I am currently on H1B and am planning to travel on Dec 14th.

You have to apply for an Advance Parole for re-entry.

When I spoke to the officer she said the AP takes couple months to get approved, and if I wanted to do that, I should do that soon since lot of people will be applying due to holiday season.

I didn't ask the officer about using my H1 for travel (re-entry), since it expires end of this month. Technically, you should be able to use it since it is a valid status but I don't know for sure, so if I would just ask the officer, or someone here can shed some light.

Amit,
Congratulations. I am also in the same boat.... Did your Interviewer told anything about how to find the satus of case during name check process?
When did they initiated your name check process.....

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey guys

trinigirl, this is also my 11th week. However, the ninety day period ends at the end of this month, so I am will be hoping for my EAD approval soon, but I expect that it will be there at the end of the month. Sooner if things work better ;)

Careful

You have to apply for an Advance Parole for re-entry.

When I spoke to the officer she said the AP takes couple months to get approved, and if I wanted to do that, I should do that soon since lot of people will be applying due to holiday season.

I didn't ask the officer about using my H1 for travel (re-entry), since it expires end of this month. Technically, you should be able to use it since it is a valid status but I don't know for sure, so if I would just ask the officer, or someone here can shed some light.

AmitD

Just be careful, since you are almost finished with your GC approval, it would mean that anytime your GC is approved the H1 VIsa would be automatically invalid and traveling on it would cause some trouble. So be careful

AmitD

Just be careful, since you are almost finished with your GC approval, it would mean that anytime your GC is approved the H1 VIsa would be automatically invalid and traveling on it would cause some trouble. So be careful

Hey AmitD,

I just came back from my Infopass appointment and the officer said that i should be able to travel on my H1B while the greecard process is pending(name check pending means that the GC process is pending.)

Just a last one though, did the interview officer cancel your H1B stamp? I was told that they won't if name check is pending.

Hello everybody.

I filed my mothers GC in july and did post in this thread before and here is the updated timeline.
8/3/07 Checks cashed
8/15/07 FP Notice
9/19/07 I-131 Received
10/10/07 LUD - I-130 LUD I-485: Case transferred to California Service Center

Just a last one though, did the interview officer cancel your H1B stamp? I was told that they won't if name check is pending.

Nope. Still valid. She took my I-94 though.

Thanks for the concern nanoboy, I won't be travelling until I get my GC or file for an AP.