July 2002 Tracker

Congr's at last!

Seenu
Whats yr next step? Is there an Interview or you wait for GC card
Thanks in advance.
VL

congrads

Congrads.. !! I hope all the guy who are in line get the GC soon ....

Good Luck guys !

RFE response sent on July 21st 2004.. Wait continues..485 crosses 2 year mark....

********MY 485 INFO************
EB3 - EAC-02-248-5XXXX
RD - JULY 2002
ND - JULY 2002
FP1 - OCT 2002
FP2 - June 2004
RFE RECEIVED: JULY 1st 2004
RFE RESPONDED : JULY 21st 2004
AD - ? !!! ??

Transfer

My case was transfered to Buffalo NY today. I checked the processing time for Buffalo Office and there isn't any date for Transfer case. It posted that the I-485 processing cases with receipt date of 2/26/2004. How does this date apply to the transfer case? How long will it take the Buffalo office to process the transfer cases?

David

It seems my case was approved....

While I was in my country for vacation, I received automatic email notification from USCIS office and it says my I-485 case was approved on 8/19.
I'm waiting for approval letter now...

Thanks,
Tmp

VSC processing date.

For those who are still waiting approval:

VSC processing time table says Aug.26.2002 receipt case is processing for I-485. So All of July.2002 cases except transferred cases are supposed to be approved now...

The folks whose receipt date is earlier than July.26.02 may want to contact USCIS to see further update your case!

Thanks,
Tmp

Approved

Finally my 485 case has been approved today !!

It has been a nightmare throughout which I'll never forget for the rest of my life. Employer took full advantage of my hopeless situation knowing I couldn't change employers till last stage of GC knowing it would be at least a 4 year ordeal. Switched employer after 180 days of 485 was filed. It took total of 4 years from labor filing to GC approval.
Thanks to this forum , there was always hope and silver lining to the wait.
Never lose Hope and Detemination. There is always light at the end of tunnel.
Good luck everyone.

NJ-Boy said:
RFE response sent on July 21st 2004.. Wait continues..485 crosses 2 year mark....

EB3 - EAC-02-248-5XXXX
RD - JULY 2002
ND - JULY 2002
FP1 - OCT 2002
FP2 - June 2004
AD - ? !!! ??

Congrads

Congrads NJ_BOY... !! Enjoy your GC freedom... !!

For all the rest who are waiting... Hang in there... Good luck !!

Ben

Congr's at last!

Ben guru!
I'mm July 02 filler.
EAC 02230
RD : 07/01/02 (I-140 / I 485)
FP 1 : 07/22/02
FP 2 : 03/23/04
EAD-3 : 04/23/04

My LUD has not changed since 07/22/02. Contacted customer Service made an inquiry, wait for 30 days. Almost 20 days have passed & no reply.

Guru what should be my next step . wait or take action. Require suggection
Thanks

Thanks Ben.
How did your GC stamping go ?

Ben12 said:
Congrads NJ_BOY... !! Enjoy your GC freedom... !!

For all the rest who are waiting... Hang in there... Good luck !!

Ben

Eig,
I personally dont think that you can really do anything... but just to wait and hopefully your status message will change to APPROVED. Its a horrible wait... but hang in there..

NJ_boy... My stamping went on fine ,,went in the morning and got it stamped in two hrs... Its was an awesome experience just to know that you dont have to depend on any employer for visa status anymore....

Got my physical green card in a month... !!

Good Luck !

Ben Thanks for the updates.

Did they take an interview or ask for any documents?
Whats the process involved at stamping ? Did you make an appmt ?
Great to hear that you got the actual card within a month of stamping!
If you could post the stamping process in detail it will help all the folks in this forum since we hardly hear abt it from anyone once approved.

My Stamping experience in NYC, Federal Plaza

My Stamping experience in NYC, Federal Plaza

If you fall under NYC jurisdiction,your aproval notice will tell you to go the NYC office on Friday...The wait time depends on the number of people waiting for interviews etc,... I dont think we can ever predict how much time it would take,,, the most I have read is about 4 hours..... and least is 1 hr...

I reached NYC early in the morning around 7.30am and got in around 8.30am..no interview... you will get a number at the information counter,proceed to the specified room and once your number is called,just give all the document and wait until you are called again and given the stamped passport...was out by 12.30pm
You have to take the following document:
1)Approval Notice
2)Passport
3)I-94
4)2 Green card photos
5)ALL of your previous EAD and AP.

The next day I travelled to India with the GC stamped in my passport. I had no problems coming back, was elated to stand in the Green Card line instead of the Visitors line.. just a silly thing to notice.... ha..
I got the original GC card my mail in a month after stamping.

I hope the above info is helpfull.

Good Luck to all you guys !!

Thanks

Ben

Stamped passport with GC

Stamped my Passport with GC today.

Here is my experience with GC stamping today at Newark,NJ

Received 485 approval courtesy copy on Monday , lawyer received the original copy but told that I can proceed with courtesy copy for stamping.
Approval notice mentioned to get Passport, I-94 and 2 photos.
Now photos was a big issue at the INS today. Effective today Sep 1st , they only take passport size photos for GC only. They no longer accept 3/4 front face with right ear visible photos which was mentioned in the approval notice. Nevertheless clicked both kinds of pictures and took them. They asked for passport size pictures. Surprisingly they asked for past and present EAD and parole docs (this was not mentioned in approval notice but still took them with me so it saved my day) INS officer said after stamping .."Congrats effective today you are a permanent resident, you should receive plastic cards in 6 to 8 months".
Went in at 8 am and came out by 12.45 pm.
Its a great feeling !
Its finally all over ..the anxiety, wait and patience.
Freedom is sweet ! Its a great feeling !
I thought I would post my stamping experince as this forum has helped me in many ways till date.
Good luck to all of you ! Definetly everyone in our forum/group will be approved ASAP. Good bye.!

EB3 - EAC-02-248-5XXXX
RD - JULY 2002
ND - JULY 2002
FP1 - OCT 2002
FP2 - June 2004
AD - August 25, 2004

Name check

Ben Guru
Thks for yr reply. After putting an inquiry I recd a ltr fron VSC stating my case is delayed due to figure print rountine check up. I ctc FBI and they say my figure prints were cleared the same day. Did my 2nd FP in March 23 2004.
What do you suggest Guru. No changes in LUD . Help is required. Any one has ctc with washington FBI . Looks name check is done from their end.
HELP WANTED .. HAaaaaa.. thks in advance.

status

I found out that my case has been assigned to an Immigration Officer on Aug 25th. Anybody has any idea how long it takes for an officer to process 1 case (on an average) ?

thanks

speedking

RD 07/02/02
ND 07/05/02
FP1 08/29/02
FP2 06/05/04

Approved!!! Thanks everyone.

Folks,
Wait is over :) ; status changed on my July 02 I485 to APPROVED. Online status says an approval notice was mailed on Sept 9 2004. Still waiting for the notice to arrive.

I have been a visitor to this forum for a long time. Got many questions answered just by following few threads.

Here is a chronology of my case...

Applied for labor Apr 2001
Labor approved in Apr 2002

Applied for I140 in May 2002
I140 approved in 30 days
Applied for I485 on 24th July 2002

2003/2004
Address changed in June 2003
Sent AR 11 in June 2003
RFE issued on Feb 2004
Received RFE in May 2004 delayed due to address change.
Address change request made via NCSC did not make it to VSC for some reason, had to make several calls to finally get the address changed
RFE for DOB, EMP Letter, Pay stubs and w2.
Replied to RFE in Jun 2004
Received FP2 in July 2004, completed in July 2004 in Manchester, NH

(***************COINCIDENCE???****************)​
Called NCSC for status request in Aug 2004. Told to wait for three weeks to get a reply from VSC
Registered with USCIS website for email approvals on 9th Sept 2004 around 1:12 PM
Received status change email notification on two cases with in two hours by 3:18 PM
(***************COINCIDENCE???****************)​

Approved on 9th Sept 2004
Waiting for the notice

Both my wife’s case and mine are approved on the same day.

I have few questions any answers are greatly appreciated.

1. How long it normally takes for approval notice to arrive?

2. How long one has to wait for the stamping/interview? Will it be within two weeks after approval?

3. I have an upcoming India trip in Oct first week; will we be able to get the passports stamped before we leave?

4. Where will we be going for stamping Boston, MA/Manchester, NH?

Wishing for the very best and quick approvals for every one who is still waiting.
Sorry for the long post.

Here are my case details.
IND/EB2 - EAC-02-248-5XXXX
RD - JUL 2002
ND - JUL 2002
FP1 - SEP 2002
RFE RECEIVED: MAY 2004
RFE RESPONDED: JUN 2004
FP2 - JUL 2004
AD – SEPT 9, 2004