July 2002 Tracker

Rfe

Well Well Well...I finally got the RFE...
Couldn't belive my eyes that I got an RFE for birth certificate plus usual stuff like emp letter, pay stubs, w2 etc etc.

I was surprised to read in this forum the number of people who got RFE for birth certificate..I really felt sorry for some since their native places has no such birth registration system and they were worried.
Birth Certificate which they now require is the one issued from a civil authority. Hospital issued/Religious institue issued birth certificates are not acceptable.Neither are the consulate issued birth certificates acceptable which I came to understand off after reading the forum.

NJ-Boy said:
Thanks Ben..Finally light at the end of tunnel..My case status changed to RFE sent on July1st ..hopefully should receive it by next week... Hopefully!
It took them 3 months to resend RFE after all the calls and letters requesting to resend.

Have you tried to open ur acct in USCIS web page for automatic email noticification?

I haven't received approval yet and I registered my account(user-id) to get automated email notification when my case status is updated.

After I set up my account and pw, I logged on USCIS web page to add my case# to my portfolio.
I did it so that I'll receive email automatically when time comes.
However, I noticed one thing. I can see my case status last update time stamp in portfolio matrix. It says "06/07/2004".
But case status msg has not changed for 2 years since I comped 1st FP in Sep.2002. I did 2nd FP in April.2004. So I would assume something was happened on 06/07/2004, but no case update.
Does anybody see same situation???

Thanks,
Tmp

tmp said:
I haven't received approval yet and I registered my account(user-id) to get automated email notification when my case status is updated.

After I set up my account and pw, I logged on USCIS web page to add my case# to my portfolio.
I did it so that I'll receive email automatically when time comes.
However, I noticed one thing. I can see my case status last update time stamp in portfolio matrix. It says "06/07/2004".
But case status msg has not changed for 2 years since I comped 1st FP in Sep.2002. I did 2nd FP in April.2004. So I would assume something was happened on 06/07/2004, but no case update.
Does anybody see same situation???

Thanks,
Tmp

Yes, this happened with my account twice. The message has stayed the same since 4/1/04, but the "Last Updated" date recently changed to 6/7/04, and then to 6/30/04. I'm assuming it's because an agent accessed my file for some reason (hopefully it's a good sign!).

SlipJ

I got a fingerprint request from VSC yesterday. My case:

RD: 7/22/2002
1st FP: 9/12/2002
1st EAD: 8/8/2002
1st AP: 9/9/2002
2nd EAD: 8/8/2003
2nd AP: 9/10/2003
3rd EAD: 6/24/2004

My online status never changed since 9/12/2002 even with the fingerprint request sent on 7/6/2004. Here are my questions:
1. The scheduled date for FP is 8/23/2004 at Buffalo. Can I get the FP done earlier than 8/23?
2. In the letter, nothing mentioned the 2nd FP. Is it possible my case was messed up somewhere? I also registered with online status system, the last updated date was 12/15/2003.
3. In the letter, the server center is "ESC". My case is pending on VSC and what is short for ESC? Is this a typo?

David

Response to David.

A1. I went to 2nd FP earlier than the letter.
It doesn't mean everybody can go earlier. But I can tell you can try. If one officer says, "no", then, you are just unlucky and come back without argueing...

A2. There is no 2nd FP statement in the letter in my case.
Please do not worry. FP expires after 15months.

A3. I don't know what's stand for ESC... It might be "Eastern Service Center"???

wangzl said:
I got a fingerprint request from VSC yesterday. My case:

RD: 7/22/2002
1st FP: 9/12/2002
1st EAD: 8/8/2002
1st AP: 9/9/2002
2nd EAD: 8/8/2003
2nd AP: 9/10/2003
3rd EAD: 6/24/2004

My online status never changed since 9/12/2002 even with the fingerprint request sent on 7/6/2004. Here are my questions:
1. The scheduled date for FP is 8/23/2004 at Buffalo. Can I get the FP done earlier than 8/23?
2. In the letter, nothing mentioned the 2nd FP. Is it possible my case was messed up somewhere? I also registered with online status system, the last updated date was 12/15/2003.
3. In the letter, the server center is "ESC". My case is pending on VSC and what is short for ESC? Is this a typo?

David

Updated time stamp.

slipj said:
Yes, this happened with my account twice. The message has stayed the same since 4/1/04, but the "Last Updated" date recently changed to 6/7/04, and then to 6/30/04. I'm assuming it's because an agent accessed my file for some reason (hopefully it's a good sign!).

SlipJ

Hi SlipJ,

Thanks for your info...
I'm not a little bit relieved.
As I said, my updated time stamp was 6/7/2004.
This was when I was outside of the USA....for biz trip.
I wonder I could get approval if I were in the US...at that time...

Thanks,
Tmp

approved at last

It's been long, very long 24 months since I filled my 485 application, and its approved on 7/9/04, but spouse isn't approved yet.
Here are my details,

VSC, EB-2
Labor cleared-2/02, 140 AD-5/02
485-ND-7/12/02, EAC-02239-----
FP1-9/7/02
FP2-4/9/04
AD-7/9/04, no RFE
I'm relieved and soooooo much tired after all those waiting time, but this forum was a great place to hang around and get some support, hang on your turn is next.
Thank you all.

Congrats man , have fun !
sultanan said:
It's been long, very long 24 months since I filled my 485 application, and its approved on 7/9/04, but spouse isn't approved yet.
Here are my details,

VSC, EB-2
Labor cleared-2/02, 140 AD-5/02
485-ND-7/12/02, EAC-02239-----
FP1-9/7/02
FP2-4/9/04
AD-7/9/04, no RFE
I'm relieved and soooooo much tired after all those waiting time, but this forum was a great place to hang around and get some support, hang on your turn is next.
Thank you all.

RFE for Birth Certificate

Hi NZ-Boy,

Did you reply to your RFE. I am in the same boat..

Submitted a birth certificate with out mothers name. Also submitted affadivits from both my parents.

RFE says:
The documentation submitted is not sufficient to warrant favorable consideration of your petition/application. The following information is required.
You must submit a written statement from a competent civil authority in India that your birth certificate is not available in that country, only then your secondary evidence is considered.

Submit any secondary evidence in your possession to support the information you have provided about your birth and parentage. Secondary evidence will be evaluated for authenticity and credibility. Such evidence may take the form of historical evidence and must have been issued contemporaneously with the event which it documents. Such evidence may include, but is not limited to medical records, school records and religious documents. Affadivits may also be accepted provided that they are sworn to by persons who were born at the time of and who have personal knowledge of the event to which to which they attest. Any affidavits must contain the affiants full name and address, date and place of birth, relationship to the party on whose behalf they are attesting if any and complete details concerning how the affiant acquired knowledge of the even.

Here is my dilemma.. My lawyer is a screw up and flip flopping on what should we submit either a non-availability certificate or a birth certificate with full details.

Gurus, please help..

-GG

Not yet..Working on it..my RFE abt birth certificate is that they need it issued from Civil authority...since mine my birth certicate used while filing 485 was issued from a religious institute..it was in proper English with correct info, all details as needed but that does not seem to satisfy them.
More misery ...

Just like a new software in the market this is a latest RFE which is getting popular slowly and steadily.

In your case , go to http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=133154&highlight=Birth+NAC
the guy who posted it took great pains to scan and post it in this forum.
Plz Consult your lawyer on those prototyes before you proceed.

GreenGuy said:
Hi NZ-Boy,

Did you reply to your RFE. I am in the same boat..

Submitted a birth certificate with out mothers name. Also submitted affadivits from both my parents.

RFE says:
The documentation submitted is not sufficient to warrant favorable consideration of your petition/application. The following information is required.
You must submit a written statement from a competent civil authority in India that your birth certificate is not available in that country, only then your secondary evidence is considered.

Submit any secondary evidence in your possession to support the information you have provided about your birth and parentage. Secondary evidence will be evaluated for authenticity and credibility. Such evidence may take the form of historical evidence and must have been issued contemporaneously with the event which it documents. Such evidence may include, but is not limited to medical records, school records and religious documents. Affadivits may also be accepted provided that they are sworn to by persons who were born at the time of and who have personal knowledge of the event to which to which they attest. Any affidavits must contain the affiants full name and address, date and place of birth, relationship to the party on whose behalf they are attesting if any and complete details concerning how the affiant acquired knowledge of the even.

Here is my dilemma.. My lawyer is a screw up and flip flopping on what should we submit either a non-availability certificate or a birth certificate with full details.

Gurus, please help..

-GG

any July approvals...

looks like there's no new july'02 approvals... :mad:

485 RD july 29'02.
2nd FP : march 25th.
3rd EAD : approved july 15th'04(RD march 19th'04).

Received Physical Card

Guys..
Atlast the relief came...I got my physical card on this Friday for myself and my wife.
My RD : July 15 2002
AD : may 5 th 2004

Card received : July 15 th 2004.
I wish all Good luck.
Let me know if you guys need any additional info.

Thanks !

Hi ! I'mm on the same boat!!. Only wait!!. my son say when we apply our hair is black and when we recd GC its white. So lets wait!!

Guys I'mm new but silence observer!! I,mm in .
EAC 02-230-xxxxxx
RD July 01, 2002
FP-1 Aug 27 , 2002
FP-2 March 23, 2004
EAD third - April 2004
AP - Gods knows!

How many days for the card ??

krishna108 said:
Guys..
Atlast the relief came...I got my physical card on this Friday for myself and my wife.
My RD : July 15 2002
AD : may 5 th 2004

Card received : July 15 th 2004.
I wish all Good luck.
Let me know if you guys need any additional info.

Thanks !

Hi Krishna108,
After stamping your passport, in how many days did you get the card?

Plastic card

Hi Immigerant,
It took exactly 5 weeks after my stamping. I haned over two photos at the time of stamping.Generally in VSC it takes 1 to 2 months for the card. There may be some excptional cases.Hope this helps !
Thanks

HI guys !
Do your'll know whats going around with July 02 cases. I have seen August / Sept '02 cases are getting approved. Also seen 2004 cases approved in 5 months. Whats going on. Can any one feed more info.
Thanks

finally done...what a relief...with grace of god...
my july'02 GC approved...

RD:july 29 2002.
ND:july 31 2002.
AD:july 23 2004.
2nd FP : march 25'04
EAC 02 252 XXXXX
3rd EAD : march 19th RD ...approval 07/19
LUD after 2nd FP is 05/27/04 or 05/21/04 and again today 07/23
Wish u all best of luck
Seenu