• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

January VB numbers released!!!

I think we should differentiate between special limits (like Uzbekistan this month) OR a "cut off" where the country hits the 7% limit. So - I agree 100% with your comments above but want to make clear you are not talking about the 7% cut off.

I am referring to special cut off and not country limit cut off or country quota cut off.

btw, did ever happen an subsequent adjustment for cut off numbers? For example, the cut off in January for March was announced by let's say 15,000 for Europe (pls keep in mind this no is fiction), and in February it was adjusted to e.g 15,800.

Currently I get the impression that any mentioned cut off is final, isn't it?

Thanks and best regards
Mike

I have lost my hope...The interview for february are low...

I don't think to get one interview ..

CN: EU 36***

Good Luck!
may be you do not go to the interview. I am very happy. The man with the number 50001 will take your visa. If there is such pessimists more then 59000 room can sleep peacefully.

may be you do not go to the interview. I am very happy. The man with the number 50001 will take your visa. If there is such pessimists more then 59000 room can sleep peacefully.

Thank you! It's your opinon...I don't want to refuse..

Best regards
Elona

Good Luck! and thanks again....

thank u dear britsimon GOD bless u and congratulation for those who came current. And for those who doubt abt the report stop benig negative and comparing have faith that u will get ur visa and Simon is very nice gentleman and so respect.

Thanks GOD

I think Nepal and Iran will have special cut off if the take up rate is high in both countries. We need to understand why special cut off exist in the first place. Special cut off happen when a particular country do not have enough interview slot from their embassies to fulfill the available visa, so special cut off is needed to avoid any bottlenecks. Now, look at Nepal and Iran, they have 6k+ selectees. Let said only half of the selectees take up rate which is 3k selectees. It needs to interview 12 or more selectees in a day in 20 days a month and let also assume derivative ratio to principal applicant is 1 to 1, which mean it need 6 interview slots per day just for DV. That's impossible to get 6 interview slots per day for 20 days a month moreover my calculation is conservative one.

If no special cut off happen, it is normal for Asia to progress less than 1k case # per month which the assumption of 700-800 visa available each month. So, for Asian we hope the special cut off happen as soon as possible. When special cut off happen, it is not a bad thing for Nepal and Iran, in fact is a good thing because the movement will be quicker and it will benefit all Asian. But sadly up to 5 months now, there is still no special cut off. So let hope it happen in March 14.

it is true but you should consider that the Iranians are being Interviewed in 3 different embassy in 3 different country so I dont think there will be any special cut off for them

it is true but you should consider that the Iranians are being Interviewed in 3 different embassy in 3 different country so I dont think there will be any special cut off for them

Yes, it has 3 embassies for Iranian to go for interview but provided it distribute evenly among 3 embassies and also the embassy needs to have interview sessions for their local chargeability as well. So we cannot just divide by 3. If I am not mistaken, in Ankara it has less than 3 interview per day and embassies don't have 20 days per month for interviews. And 3000 take up rate is very conservative one knowing Iran hit country limit in DV13.

Yes, it has 3 embassies for Iranian to go for interview but provided it distribute evenly among 3 embassies and also the embassy needs to have interview sessions for their local chargeability as well. So we cannot just divide by 3. If I am not mistaken, in Ankara it has less than 3 interview per day and embassies don't have 20 days per month for interviews. And 3000 take up rate is very conservative one knowing Iran hit country limit in DV13.

One more point, it needs to distribute evenly in time and space and the choice of which embassy to do their interviews are decided during application submission.

Hey guys, feb vb makes me again disappointed. when shall i get current???? CN 2014 AS 000 12*** from Nepal , I can see the cut off rate for Asia still too low...if i be selected then till when??????

One more point, it needs to distribute evenly in time and space and the choice of which embassy to do their interviews are decided during application submission.

I am not sure about DV2013 but at the moment in Ankara it is scheduled to have about 6-8 interview per day for Dec and Jan , you can find it here www.usemb-ankara.org.tr/consular/english/schedule_dv.html, and the KCC distribute selectees itself, it was happened that it changed the interview embassy to balance all.

I am not sure about DV2013 but at the moment in Ankara it is scheduled to have about 6-8 interview per day for Dec and Jan , you can find it here www.usemb-ankara.org.tr/consular/english/schedule_dv.html, and the KCC distribute selectees itself, it was happened that it changed the interview embassy to balance all.

Hi there
Is it only ankara ambassy that publishes the interview appointements?
Can u perhaps get of the other ambassies ?