January/February/March 2004 - Filers

Agreed

Unfortunately I agree with Iknowitall. For AC21 you need I140 approval and 180 days of 485 filing. Due to the new process (which may cause 140 approval delays, or not..) some attorneys are trying to fight the point of getting AC21 applied even without 140 approval, but you still need the 180 days....

Anyway you could work part-time or something like that with your old employer? That could be a way to keep you on the hook for 6 months...
Elnegro

iknowitall said:
also cocktail was your case updated after you did the fp ? please let me know.

thanks

Mine is EB3, My FP was not updated though i took 2 months back. I am guessing that all electronic results will be received by INS sameday but case is not updated. Only manual results were updated by INS as and when they receive it.
So i am not worrying about FP, assuming that it is through (yet to enquire the status with FBI)

cocktail said:
Mine is EB3, My FP was not updated though i took 2 months back. I am guessing that all electronic results will be received by INS sameday but case is not updated. Only manual results were updated by INS as and when they receive it.
So i am not worrying about FP, assuming that it is through (yet to enquire the status with FBI)

Cocktail,
Did you call the FBI Customer Service Line to find out if they have sent the results back to INS? In my case were taken electronically and they cleared the same day. They are fast.
Elnegro

xyz_004 said:
Thanks Shishe for information.
One more thing i am curious about, is there any risk to check your case status, why it said access denied after 3-4 times checking the staus. How can i get the access back now.
can i register even if i got message 'access denied last week'.
Thanks in advance.

Hi xyz_004,
Risk ( i don't think so) me and wife had registered and have different logins to access the same information.
access denied after 3-4 times:I don't know answer to the question. Some time it happends to me ( remember when i read in other forum that when they do any update to the database we will get the access denied).

-- Shishe

140-485 concurrent approvals

It looks like VSC is starting to show 140-485 concurrent approvals (as seen in other threads).

Some people are speculating that actually NSC is 2-4 weeks behind VSC and that will start to behave as VSC soon, that is, start to give concurrent approvals as well.

It makes sense that if you want to reduce the backlog, one of the first things you have to do is clause the faucet to avoid more water getting in...

Lets keep our fingers crossed.
Elnegro

Attorney Murphy interpretation of Backlog Elimination Plan

:cool: On June 25th, The Attorney Murphy Website gave its interpretation to the USCIS plan to reduce the backlog. To me still seems "magical" rather than real. I see more desire than specific actions....

Here is what it saids regarding 140-485s:

"-140/I-485 :
Of interest to many of our MurthyDotCom and MurthyBulletin readers, the I-140 petitions are expected to drop to an average of 8 months by the end of this fiscal year, down to 7 months by the end of the next fiscal year, and to 6 months by the end of FY2006. The plan for I-485s is a small decrease in processing times to 20 months by the end of FY2004, followed by an ambitious goal of 15 months in FY2005, and to 6 months by FY2006."

The full article can be read at the following link:

"USCIS Releases Backlog Elimination Plan to Congress"

http://www.murthy.com/news/n_relbac.html
elnegro

FBI number to call

Elnegro,
Can you provide me the FBI number to call to verify our finger prints were processed or not? Thanks in advance.

Satti Babu

It was posted in this same thread before by Iknowitall. See below
Elnegro

iknowitall said:
here is the info for all you guys who are looking for fbi fp number.

I called 304 625 5590. There was a live person and there was no hold time. She just asked for my alien number and first and last name, to get my information.

The other number is 304 625 2406. If I remember correct their office hours are 8:00AM to 5:30PM (Mon-Fri).

Elnegro said:
Cocktail,
Did you call the FBI Customer Service Line to find out if they have sent the results back to INS? In my case were taken electronically and they cleared the same day. They are fast.
Elnegro

followed ur directions, called FBI today they were cleared same day as FP date. But no update on I-485.

Elnegro and iknowitall,

Thank you for your replies. I understand that I should not leave the job before 6 months are over from the date of filing my I-140 and I-485. However, since I have been laid off I dont have an option here.

I talked with my attorney and he told me that it should not be a problem, because according to him GC is for a future position and the company should have an "intent" of hiring me once i get my GC.

Also, do you think that as soon as I apply for my H1-transfer, INS will come to know that I have applied for H1 with another company and they will then cancel my I-140 or send an RFE?

Please let me know.

Thanks a lot!

cocktail said:
followed ur directions, called FBI today they were cleared same day as FP date. But no update on I-485.

Hi cocktail,
no worries. Can you confirm which jurisdiction you did the FP. I learned from this forum that if I485 filed on NSC and you did your FP on CSC or VSC or TSC jurisdiction, it will go first to the FP jurisdiction then it will be forwarded to your I485 jurisdiction. so think of time day and my experiance is that will take one to three months.

Please confirm this. Thanks,

--Shishe

Though this may not be the right forum, but for those who are interested in my case, today i got an e-mail saying that RFE is issued againsts my I-485.

I-140/485 RD: 12-Feb-2004
I-140 AD:29-Jun-2004.
I-485 RFE:01-JUL-2004

Good thing - May be they are considering my I-485 too for concurrent approval.
Bad thing - Not sure what the query about. Waiting for the RFE Notice.

Anybody have any idea what RFEs they normally issue on I-485 ?

Concurrent adjudication.

Hi, Cocktail,

It seems that your case is under the concurrent adjudication.

Don't worry about the 485 RFE. It shouldn't have any problem.

Let us know what your RFE is about.

Thanks!

fiveice

employer

Can you guys your employer info as I am looking for a employer who can sponser my GC from Denver Region for faster GC processing.

Cocktail,

It looks like good news. They woudn't ask for a RFE if they wouldn't be processing it. Lets hope is concurrent adj. Please keep us posted.
Elnetro

cocktail said:
Though this may not be the right forum, but for those who are interested in my case, today i got an e-mail saying that RFE is issued againsts my I-485.

I-140/485 RD: 12-Feb-2004
I-140 AD:29-Jun-2004.
I-485 RFE:01-JUL-2004

Good thing - May be they are considering my I-485 too for concurrent approval.
Bad thing - Not sure what the query about. Waiting for the RFE Notice.

Anybody have any idea what RFEs they normally issue on I-485 ?

grandhe said:
Can you guys your employer info as I am looking for a employer who can sponser my GC from Denver Region for faster GC processing.

Granhe, I have no idea what you are asking for...

What do you think about my case

Dear Friends

I need you opinion what to do in my case. My I-140 ND 02/05/2004. I and my wife I-485, I-765 & I-131 ND are 03/05/2004. We haven't received EAD and AP yet. My wife got a job her employer told us they can wait till end of this month. I got an I-140 RFE(Employer Tax returns) on March 15, 2004 and my employer responded on June 8, 2004. It was almost 80days. I received FP. My portpolio on USCIS website updated sating they received my fingerprint.

I visted local office to collect Iterim EAD after 118 days of I-485, I-765 and I-131 filed. Officer told me my case is on HOLD. When I applied for case status I-765 and I-131 they send a letter stating " My I-765 and I-131 are on HOLD due to USCIS waiting for I-140 approval. Don't you guys think it is not nomal case.

I work for XXX comapny where I have valid H-1 till March 2006. My labour is filed through YYY company and my labour got arroved in August 2003. My future employer filed (YYY) I-140 in Feb 2004. I-485, I-765 and I-131 in March 2004. Do you have similar experience. What will happen to this kind of case.

I am thinking to write to senator to help to get my EAD. What you guys think. Is it a good think to do. or Should I wait some more days. You openinions are well appriciated.

If you have similar experience please share with me.

Thanks ShiShe,

Please send me all the information you have. It will be great help for me.
Thanks once again