January/February/March 2004 - Filers

iknowitall said:
Please post your details case type receipt and notice date ??? etc.

The details of my application is at the earlier portion of this thread (17th June). My I485 application is EB2. I found in one of the threads in this forum who have his I140 approved and after a week his I485 was approved in CSC. I haven't heard of anybody with that kind of experience in NSC. I don't think my case is part of the pilot program :eek: but Im keeping my fingers crossed.

I-140 Approved ...(Concurrent)

Hi All,
I am new to this Forum and want to share my information. Mine was concurrent I-140/485/EAD/AP and RD on 27th Jan 04. My I-140 got approved way back on 21st April 04. Got FP notice,EAD and AP. Online status got changed too with in 12days. ;)
Pl.note that one of my friend who had same RD got I140 cleared on 04/19/2004

Shishe

---------------
140/I485/EAD/AP - NSC/EB3
RD:01/27/2004
I-140 AD: 04/21/2004
FP done - 05/27/2004

Last edited by a moderator:
gcwantsme

hmm.. i do not have answer to all ? and may be some gurus in this forum could reply to your queries. mine 485 is still pending. BTW why not to check the last updated column on your profile which will give you some light on whether USCIS touched your case or not. ( it's purely my guess)

--shishe

Response to Gcwantsme

gcwantsme said:
Questions
=========

I am not a GURU, but I think I could help you with some of your questions:

1. Will my application be picked up by Fuji ohato memo

Probably yes. The Centers had 1 month to convert to the new processing. In the case of NSC, they basically moved all pending concurrent filers to the new processing.

2. Has any one who applied during the same time concurrently got approval ?
Not that I am aware of. They got 140s approval, but not 485

3. What is the scene with respect to AC21

Some attorneys think that they will be able to apply it even without 140 approval. That needs to be seen in court.

4. USCIS currently show processing 05/12/2004
Does this mean

You cannot know if your application has been taken to the new process, but my guess is yes.

Nobody knows how the USCIS creates its statistics. In theory, the date shown shows the files that are being work now. But if you have been following these forums, you can tell that that is not reality.

Elnegro

Pogz

Hi Pogz,

When did you apply I-140. You mentioned you did not get EAD and AP?. I am in the same boat. My I-140 applied on Feb 05, 2004. Not yest approved nor I did not receive AP or EAD.

Shishe would you please expand?

Shishe,
Would you please expand on this? What do you mean?

shishe said:
hmm.. i do not have answer to all ? and may be some gurus in this forum could reply to your queries. mine 485 is still pending. BTW why not to check the last updated column on your profile which will give you some light on whether USCIS touched your case or not. ( it's purely my guess)

--shishe

I want let all of you know sometimes this can happen. My I-140 Notice date Feb 5, 2004. I and my wife I-485, I-765 and I-131 notice date March 5, 2004. My employer received I-140 RFE on March 15, 2004. Till then my case is on HOLD status. I did receive finger print notice.

First fingerprint is done on June 7, 2004. On june 15, 2004 finger print results received message updated on USCIS portpolio.

After completion of 90 days I went to USCIS local office to ask for Interim EAD. One officer told me to come after I-140 RFE submit to the USCIS. on June 14, 2004 I visited again to the local office (my employer submitted the I-140 RFE on June 5, 2004). My Employer replied I-140 RFE. USCIS received on June 8, 2004. It is updated on my profile on June 9, 2004.This time same officer told me to contact Nebraska Service Center. Because it on HOLD status he can't help me.

On June 14, 2004 I called USCIS and they took all the details and they said I'll hear from them within 30 days. on June 25, 2004 I received a letter from USCIS saying my case is on hold waiting for approval of I-140!!!. Can someone tell me Is my case is belong to new rule. My attorney said new rule effect from March 29, 2004 since my application RD is March 5, 2004 it will not come under new rule.

Elnegro said:
Shishe,
Would you please expand on this? What do you mean?

Elnegro,
Register in USCIS website and check the status of your case. There is column called last_updated which tells you when your case been revived by uscis and the purpose (you can guess).

shishe said:
Elnegro,
Register in USCIS website and check the status of your case. There is column called last_updated which tells you when your case been revived by uscis and the purpose (you can guess).
Shishe,
Can you please tell how to register in USCIS website to check the status of your case, and how frequently you should check your status.
i was checking my case on USCIS website (i am not registered i was just going to online status check link an d enter the LIN no. there) and after 3 times it said access denied.
Any suggestion please.
Thanks.

xyz_004 said:
Shishe,
Can you please tell how to register in USCIS website to check the status of your case, and how frequently you should check your status.
i was checking my case on USCIS website (i am not registered i was just going to online status check link an d enter the LIN no. there) and after 3 times it said access denied.
Any suggestion please.
Thanks.
1. Click on the link. http://www.immigration.com/frame/BCIScasestatonlinefr.html
2. Create/Edit customer portfolio account (Click on Customer hyperlink)
3. After few screens.. enter all your LIN* number and enable email functionality that's it. Any update to your case will send you email.
Hope this will help :)

I-140 Approved

Receipt date I-140/I-485/AP/EAD February 12th, 2004.
AP/EAD approved in Marhc, 2004
I-140 is approved on June, 29th 2004.

FP done in April, 2004....but no concurrent approval of I-485 though FP is already done. Is this rule for those whose receipt date is after April 30th only ?

Pattern ??

NSC seems to be approving people in random order. While there are so many 2003 filers whoz applications havent been touched how can they approve those which are filed in 2004.

Is there a pattern in these approvals ??

thanks

congrats cocktail

and very interesting, i have the same case with a receipt date of feb 17, 2004. Hopefully ill be done soon :)

by the way what was your category for 140 application (EB1, EB2)?

shishe said:
1. Click on the link. http://www.immigration.com/frame/BCIScasestatonlinefr.html
2. Create/Edit customer portfolio account (Click on Customer hyperlink)
3. After few screens.. enter all your LIN* number and enable email functionality that's it. Any update to your case will send you email.
Hope this will help :)
Thanks Shishe for information.
One more thing i am curious about, is there any risk to check your case status, why it said access denied after 3-4 times checking the staus. How can i get the access back now.
can i register even if i got message 'access denied last week'.
Thanks in advance.

shah007 said:
My company sent my I-140 and I-485 papers to NSC a week back. How do I check the status?

Thanks,

Sha007

you need the receipt numbers. Once you get them (on the mail), you can then check online or - better - register at the USCIS website to get updates over the email (see yearly messages on this thread).
Elnegro

Hi,

My company filed my I-140, I-485 and I-765 couple of weeks back. Now they laid me off, however they have agreed to continue the processing of I-140, I-485 and I-765.

I am interviewing a company and they want to hire me and they are willing to transfer my H1-B.

My questions are:

(1) Can I take up this new job on an H1-transfer?

(2) Can i use AC21 after 6 months and then notify USCIS that I have changed my company?

(3) Now, when I transfer my H1-B and send in all the paperwork, wont the USCIS come to know that I left my current company before 180 days?

(4) Also, what are the disadvantages of going on an EAD (once i get it) as compared to staying on an H1-B tranfer?

All your help will be greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks,

shah007,
from what i know you cant apply the ac21 rule once you forfeited your 140 and 485 applications and join another company on a h1b. as soon as you send your h1b transfer papers they will see you are changing your jobs which will either result in a 140 denial or a rfe for sure. ac21 is only applicable with a ead card resulting from a 485 application pending for 180 days not with a h1b in another company. i hope you understand this. if you switch companies now you have to take the same route again, i dont think there is any other way out of it.