JANUARY 2002 thread for I-485 Mailers to CSC Only

young X did u get fp notice

my wac is 02 080 but no fp nor ead as yet and i see people behind me have got fp notices.I was wondering whether there is a problem with my case or what.

MD 01/02/02
RD 01/03/02
ND 01/08/02

iEAD Experience at San Jose - Today

Hi all,
Today I went to San Jose INS office and got sucessfully iEAD. At the counter she checked and told EAD is still in processing stage. So, I can get an interim. Filled up the application and got the card. I have seen most people are getting iEADs w/o any problems.

Looks like today not many people at the Office. I went around 10:30am and no line. Even the Guards were surprised at no line. May be one of those days.

(EAD RD: Jan 09,2002, ND: Jan 11,2002)

Thanks
Indianadr

iEAD obtained

Collected my iEAD on 5/2/2002. No problems at all. Had a copy of the I-485 application and I-765 application.

ND : 1/9/2002

No Title

Have the following with you:

1. A Photo Id ( Drivers License )
2. Your passport
3. A copy of the I-765 Receipt that has the Notice Date
4. A copy of the I-485 Receipt that has the Notice Date

Keep in mind that you will have to fill the I-765 form again there, the officer will hand you that form. When your no. is called, give that form along with the copies of the receipts. Thats all. They will take your picture there and give you your interim EAD card.

Interim EAD from San Francisco

My wife and I got our interim EADs valid for 4 months at SF on April 19th.

Some of the posts here regarding iEAD at SF cneter were very useful. We reached early 6:20 AM and saw about 40 people already in the line. We went in by 8:30 AM and were out by 9:15 AM with our interim EADs valid for 4 months.

WAC 02-089 5XXXX
MD 1/14/02
RD 1/15/02
ND 1/17/02
FP 4/2/02 (scheduled on 4/18/02)
AVM not updated - still says "... received on ..."
My wife\'s AP was approved although I am still waiting for mine\

NVI

nvi: Can you give me more details

such as:

1. any photos/fees required?
2. What documents do they see? What docs do they keep.
3. Why were you issued iEAD for 4 months (normally it is for 8 months).
4. What is the INS address you went to?
5. Does the person at INS tell you your status on AP, FP etc?

I want to have my wife go on EAD, however I want to continue to be on H1. Does my getting a iEAD mean that I am moving from H1 to EAD status.

No Title

no fees/photos were required. The guy at the counter, who was apparently new to this job mentioned that he did charge someone a fees while it is not required ! So he consulted with another person if I need to pay any fees.

The documents he wanted were:
1. Copies of i-765 duly signed (My attorney faxed me copies of all the receipts and I-765 form)
2. Copy of the I-765 and I-485 receipt notices (to check if 90 days have passed from ND)

I don\'t know why my iEAD was issued for 4 months and I was told to renew at the same office if necessary.

The local office is located at
444 Washington St
San Francisco CA 94111

Please see the INS website at
http://www.ins.gov/graphics/fieldoffices/sanfran/aboutus.htm#ead for
additional information about hours of operation, etc.

I tried to find out about my AP - but the guy at counter said it was not applied at that office. So they have no information.

Although I got my iEAD I do not intend to use; my wife would be using hers. Having an EAD does not mean that your status changed from H1 to EAD. You need to use it - and once you use your EAD, your status changes. This is my understanding from my attorneys and I recall a few postings here on this subject.

Hope this helps ...

nvi

FP Done

ND - 01/23/02
FP recd - 04/30
FP Schd - 06/04
FP Done - 05/03
FP Location - San Jose

FP DONE - RETURNED TO INS - Please reply fellow January 485ers

Hi,
My RD - 1/17/2002
AOS,AP,EAD - WAC-02-089-5xxxx
I received all receipts for AOS,AP,EAD etc.
I received AP on March 5th.
I received FP on April 30th.
FP DONE - on May 1 st.
Called (304)625-5590 option 4 to check FP Status.
FP were returned on the same day to INS.
SO when can I expect the approval ?????
Any ideas???
And I still did not get my EAD card.

Thanx,
SreeRaj

got iead from san jose

I went on monday to san jose INS at about 12:00 pm in the afternoon and was out by 2:00 with the iead.

MD : 01/02/02
RD : 01/03/02
ND : 01/08/02
No FP
No EAD

How did you check FP status?

How did you check FP status?, by just calling the above mentioned number and option 4, is it automated message or did you speak to anybody?

Laidoff two weeks ago. Need IEAD, please advise ...

Unfortunately, I lost my job two weeks ago. My husband and I filed I-485 and I-765 on March 25th. I didn\'t get EAD card yet. However, today I got a telephone interview about a position. But Since I don\'t have the EAD card, I am afraid I will lose this opportunity. Is there a way that I can get a iEAD card before waiting for the 90 days? Anyone did it before?

Please give me some advices if you have some experiences.

BTW, my husband is the primary applicator for the green card. (thanks god for that).

Thanks.