January 2002 Chennai CPers Forum

padaiyappa, Vaccinations

You don\'t need to take any vaccinations in US. Only ones that most consulate doctors giving are MMR and Vericella (If you are not infected by Chicken Pox. If Infected oral cert. is fine.). If you have taken MMR within one yr., they will accept it. Other wise they still give you a booster. Hepatitus B is not required although it is listed. Most recommended Doctor is Dr. Vijaya Lakshmi.

A good news

I talked to my attorney about the requirement of PCC ain chennai.
She told me that, she got an email yesterday from the American association of immigration layesr (somthing like that), A decesion to make PCC a requirement is not yet made, though delhi is insisting that.
She promised to sent that email to me. I will get that tomorrow. She asked to keep that as a suppoting document.

According to her. chennai will not insist that, since they did not give a time frame. Also thier P4 & p3 are not showing this. Of 169 specifically saying PCC not required if you lived .... (everybody know this) .....
They accepted out p3 including OF169, meaning PCC is not required from INDIA.
Also please note that chennai web site did not say about a time frame. If that is of immeduate effect, It should be effective from today. Please watch out any CP in this week. Let us see.

Do not panic. I am the first one facing this in January. Will post my experience as soon as I can.

No Title

The first EB related cases are not until second week of Jan. By that time we will be in India and definetly cannot do anything should they insist we need! It is so unreasonable to change things on us with such a short notice, there is no way we can obtain one :-(

BTW OF-171 (Appt. Letter) does mention PCC but the documents order list does not mention PCC! So it does seem pretty unclear at this time. Add on this the timing of the announcement, we cannot even clarfiy with the IV folks until 1/2/2002. What a way to spend our new year holidays!

That\'s what my lawyer suggested I try getting....

Since my lawyers told me about this, much earlier, I managed to get the PCC from the regional passport office, which is the Indian Consulate in SFO ( in my case ). Now they wanted me to try and get one from the local police station in India, if possible ( Kerala ).

I enquired with my relatives and they\'ve asked me to forward a letter requesting the Superintendent of Police ( at the local police station ) for a PCC . I\'m going to give it try. I have my interview on the 18th of Jan 2002.

My lawyers also told me that there should be no serious problem even if you are not able to get the PCC from the local police station. They wanted to me to be a bit conservative to avoid any delays. I seriously don\'t think the consulate would impose such a requirement at such short notice.

All the best.

Oh yes , within one day I will pos the letter here

At present I am at the office. But I got the fed exp todaty at home. I need to go home and come back to post it. I will do it for all.

Be cool.

RAJESH and others,

Rajesh,
My passport also was issues by Houston in 1998. I thought Houston only issues PCC in a day IF the passport is issued by Houston AND IF they issued the passport in the last one year. Am I right or Am I not?

Please post urgently, as I am planning to fly to Houston to get it if they will issue in a day. Thank you.

No Title

Aishsri, Superman and all others who received confirmation from Chennai that PCC is not required "earlier" please post the message (after removing/XXXXXing your specific information) here. I am unable to locate my response.

Must have stupidly hit the delete key. My perplexed mind no longer thinks logically! Appreciate your posts. Thank you.

gc-hopeful, Here is my PCC e-mail conformation.

No.

Customer Service Unit
American Consulate General
220, Anna Salai
Chennai 600006
Ph-91-44-8112060/2000

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Thursday, November 29, 2001 11:00 AM
To: chennaiiv@state.gov
Subject:

I stayed in India/US for my entire life. I have applied for Employment based

Immigration. Do I need Police Certificate from India and or US ?. Thank You.

No Title

Thanks Superman,

1) My question is do they issue in one day for all Indian Passport holders
   OR
2)For only indian passports issued by Houston
   OR
3) For only indian passports issued by Houston with in the last 1 year?

If it is the #3 then I am out of luck but if it is #1 or 2 then I may be able to fly (an expensive ticket) and get it done :-(

Thanks Superman for the prompt posting. You are always helpful

Does any one have a posting after the interview dates were published. Please post.

I am trying to make sure that even after the interview dates were provided they confirmed to us that PCC is not required when the applicant stayed only in INDIA and US

Who is your lawyer

He/She seems to be knowledgeble. Mine is absolutely waste. She has no clue. Many people in this forum are looking for a good lawyer. Please post your lawyer\'s contact details. (Also if you don\'t mind, you can tell what you think of your lawyer).

Here is the message for AILA ( American Immigrant Layers Association)

DOS has advised AILA that the Consular General in New Delhi indicated that a final decesion regarding POLICE CERTIFICATE in INIDIA has not yet been made. However, it appears that New Delhi is going to insist that Mumbai and Chennai standardize their policies to match New Delhi\'s , meaning that Mumbai and Chennai\'s rule will now be much more srtringent.

gc_hopeful2000, I did!

I have my Interview on Jan25th with Chennai! I emailed them to confirm reg. PCC.

I stated to them that I have my Interview on Jan25th & that I lived in US & INDIA only, do I need PCC? ( It was around Dec 20th or so..)

Answer: NO

But this was before Dec\'28th. before Chennai Consulate updated their website.

- This freaking PCC is creating a big mess now...
I still don\'t understand, from where I have get my PCC.
 -> I applied one from NYCG, around Dec\'20th, which I\'m postive i\'m
    not going to get before I leave.

-> FROM WHICH OTHER PLACE DO I GET THE SECOND PCC? IS IT SUFFICIENT
    ENOUGH IF I GET IT FROM LOCAL POLICE STATION IN US. OR SHOULD I
    GET FROM LOCAL POLICE STATION IN INDIA, WHERE I USED TO LIVE.

-> DO I ALSO HAVE TO MAKE AN EFFORT TO GET ONE FROM THE REGIONAL
    PASSPORT OFFICE FROM INDIA, WHO ISSUED MY PASSPORT ( HYDERABAD )

Can someone pls clarify and throw some light as to, from which places i have to attempt to get PCC, if so from which ones from the above list.

BTW, if one is getting PCC from local police station in India, what format should the PCC be in? Should it have to mention...

For the periods ( from XYZ date to 123 date ) Mr.XXX stayed in india, our records shows no crimical records.

THIS IS SO STUPID, TO GIVE US SUCH A SHORT NOTICE TO GET PCC.

Thanks for any feedback guys...and good luck...

PCC Worst Case Scenerio

PCC is not required from Local Police Station in India if you are from abroad according to the Chennai Website.
It says that if you are from abroad, a statement from their nearest local consulate conforming that they have no criminal record. That means local PCC is not required if you are from abroad according to the website.

Worst Case Scenerion. We need not come back to US. You can just apply PCC directly at your embassy and show your original PP by visiting the consulate. They will mark the copy that they have verified the original PP. According to NY consulate, You can show the original PP at any time during the process. That means you need wait until the PCC is ready to pick up the PCC. You can show the original at any time and they will send the PCC to the address you have given. When PCC is ready they can send directly to your freinds address in US. If possible to Indian address. You can provide the self addressed paid envelope(Express Mail) and pay the M.O. for service charges. So, on worst case, you will wait in India until you receive the PCC from consulate. You may loose time on worst case. It still rather better than re-scheduling the Interview date.
So, Just apply for PCC at the consulate and show your original at the emvbassy before you leave and hope that Chennai will not ask for PCC. If they ask you will wait until you receive PCC from Indian Consulate in US. Good Luck to all of US.

No PCC for Jan CP - Good news from Chennai

Good news folks,
   I just called the Chennai consulate to enquire about the PCC requirement. They told me that Jan CPers do not need PCCs from India and the US.
   Just thought I\'d pass on the good news to all of you.

Rastapopulous