Jan. Interview (??) - Chennai/NVC mail screw-up

gcappl, pcc to chicago

Could u please tell me , how much is the cheque amount for PCC and Do I need to send my orginall passport? Can I send it through fed-ex.

I am from hyderabad and contacted one of my friend working at hyderabad PO . He told me they can give me in one-day.

I don\'t know what to do.

If possible go to Indian consulate in Chicago.

I applied for PCC this week in Chicago. Do not forget to ask for acknowledgement. They are issuing it only if you ask for it. They accept applications in the morning and give acknowledgements in the afternoon at 3:30pm. The fee is $20 for telex and $11 for PCC (only after clearence from Indian authorities). But if you mail it, I think you have to pay all $31 at a time, but please confirm.

Best.

santha,pcc

I am going to fed-ex miss application for PCC. What documents i should attach, copy of passport or original passport. Please clarify me.

Different, Paste your photo on application and

send photo copies of important pages (address and other info, even all pages are O.K.) from passport. No other documents are required. No need to send original passport. But you need to present original passport when PCC is ready. fee is $20 for telex and $11 for PCC. When I talked to them over telephone, they asked me to send total amount but when I went there they took only $20 and asked to pay remaining at the time of PCC issuance. Hope this helps.

What is telex?

Ihave sent $20 for PCC as per new rules and $15 to send it via express mail.

Please let me know what this telex business is

I have applied to SFO consulate

Padaiyappa

Looks like SFO does telex, as well as, mail applications to passport offices. To my knowledge, Chicago only telex information to India. Telex is another network through which information can be exchanged.

NVC response

That\'s been the best news I\'ve heard in over 3 weeks!
I called the NVC also to verify the info. They told me the Dept of State requested a resend of the info due to missing petition. They don\'t know when it will be resent or how - either by fax, e-mail, or cable. I hope Chennai will make some decisions now. AT least we know that the higher-ups are working on the problem. We can have a quiet weekend now.

Take care and thanks everyone for sharing all your info.

Called NVC

Guys,

Called NVC. Yes there is a memo requesting electronic information for me too. A little bit hopeful now.

The lady I talked to was very friendly. Said that this stuff has happened to a lot of people.

Said that she does not know when they would send the stuff, but thinks that they would do it soon as there are a lot of "disappointed" people.

Guys keep your chins up and do not jump to AC140 or anything like that at this time.

Have you seen the movie "Office Space." iT IS A pretty hilarious one.

NVC will resend ASAP....

Guys, Talked to NVC. Looks like Chennai has requested for all cases that are held up due to anthrax. The lady at NVC told me that they will send it soon.... We should know something next week. Let\'s hope for the best. Good luck guys.

PCC

I filled out the misc services form (one each for my wife and me) attached copies of our PP and a cashiers check for $42. ($11 + $11 + $20). I talked to an operator at the Indian Consulate, Chicago and she told me that if you and your wife belong to the same RPO you need only one $20 Telex charge. She said you will have to send original PP when they get the clearance from India and that is when you send them money for return mail as well. Hope this helps. Let me know if you have any questions.
Keeping fingers crossed !!!!

GCAPPL

The number is 603 334 0700.
It will directly get you to an operator. Once I had to jump hoops to go thro\' their lecturing system([pre recorded message])

Wait for some time to get to the operator.
They will play you a Mozart\'s or Bach\'s piece which sounds almost like Iillaiyaraaja\'s How to name it ... oops it is probably the other way around..

Music awesome. You will get to the operator then...

This piece of information is going to be stale for many but...

At first NVC operator said there is neither memo nor my case has been sent to Chennai. When I prodded her for information, she put me on hold (guess went and talked to someone)and said my case will be sent to Chennai soon. She also said that not only my case but all 10/15 cases will be sent to Chennai soon. Things are moving at last :)

ACEHART

Keeping fingers crossed. Hopefully light at the end of the tunnel atlast.
I sent my pkt to chennai on 6th dec. Do you think that my interview would be delayed or scheduled after you guys (interviews were already fixed in Jan) or do you think I will be able to jump on to the bandwagon with some of the other guys.

Padaiappa

I do not think because your papers reached Chennai on 6th Dec. your interview would be delayed. You should get interview with the rest of us. Judging by today\'s developments it could be in Feb or March

manbird - PCC form NY

PCC from CGNY is cool. I got mine within a week becoz my PP was issued by them, but if yours is issued from India, all you need to send is photocopy of PP with the misc. services forms filled and $11 certified check, and a covering letter with your contact Nos. Though the max time is 45 days, more likely they will call you in 2 weeks that you can collect your PCC by sending the original PP , covering letter with current address and $15 so they can send by express mail. Do not worry just apply ASAP.

My Guess

Ms Walker might have something to NVC sending 10/15 and 10/22 cases to Chennai as these where what we mentioned in our e-mail.