Jan. Interview (??) - Chennai/NVC mail screw-up

acehart

Registered Users (C)
I\'m creating this thread to track Chennai/NVC screw-up.

Name PIII Mailed from NVC

gcappl 10/15
acehart 10/15
gabbar007 10/22
PRB 10/15
GC Despo 11/6
GC Michigan 10/22
Manbird 10/22
Kudos 10/22
different 10/15
santhu 10/15

Guys I\'m sure this is because of some internal mail problem and Chennai is working on sorting that problem out. I called NVC this morning. Officer has put a trace on my case (in NVC language) and asked to call her after 10 days to find out about the staus of papers sent from NVC. So far they have not received any request to resend papers from chennai. I\'m going to call NVC again on Monday/Tuesday to check their progress :)

By the way received one e-mail from Chennai

saying the whole f*** up was because of anthrax problem. Thanks to MF UBL

Pardon the foul language folks..

I got the same email from Chennai.

I am not sure what is going on ! Hope Chennai does something about it although it seems highly unlikely that they will change the IV appointment list. Add the burden of PCC on that. I called Chicago consulate and talked to vice counselor. She said It will take a min of 45 days to get PCC and you have to send your original passport so that they can endorse the same on it.
The soup seems to be getting thicker and thicker.
Guys when are you planning to call Chennai next? Pls remember to ask if we will need PCC if we have interview in Feb and if so from where?

adding agun to the list

There is one more post on this board from agun, who has a similar problem, dont know his details, but adding his name to list.

gcappl 10/15
acehart 10/15
gabbar007 10/22
PRB 10/15
GC Despo 11/6
GC Michigan 10/22
Manbird 10/22
Kudos 10/22
different 10/15
santhu 10/15
agun ??

Add MMP in this list too

Hi Know MMP also did not get his interview date. He mailed his Pkt3 to Chennai consulate on 31/Oct and they received it by 7/Nov. He got his Pkt3 from his attorney on 18/Oct

Will sending in a fax (petition) to NVC help?

Maybe we can send petitions independently or together to NVC and say that we are apprehensive that the papers sent to Chennai did not make it there and see if they can send the papers again. Do you guys think that this might work?

We can state that papers usually take less than 2 weeks to arrive and our\' have not made it even after 8.

NVC official line is it can take upto 12 weeks

so until mid Jan, they may not re-send it. But its a very good idea to persue this line, once they see that there are many cases, they may do something.

I agree with manbird and gabbar

I think we should collectively request NVC to resend papers. This way they will know that there are many people affected by this mail delay. We can also emphasize the point that most papers sent on 10/15 and 10/22 did not make it to Chennai.

If everyone agrees that we should send a note to NVC collectively, how should we proceed? Here are a couple of options

1. Draft a letter and and let one person fax it to NVC with others LIN/EAC numbers (many would not want to give actual MRD case number)

2. Draft a letter and let individual person send it to NVC with only his/her MDR case number (same letter format will definitely have an impact)

3. Same as options 2, but make a mention of other people who are affected by mail delay along with their names and/or LIN/EAC numbers

If we are to take this route, can you please take input from your lawyers?

Revised List (guys can you send your e-mail id to me)

Here is the revised list of people affected my mail delay. Folks, I could not get e-mail id of most of you from cptracker. can you please send me your individual e-mail id at udaynaik@hotmail.com for better communication in future. GC Despo, your papers must have been sent on 10/8(Monday) and not 10/6(Sat.)

agun ????
GC Despo 10/8
mmp 10/8
gcappl 10/15
acehart 10/15
PRB 10/15
different 10/15
santhu 10/15
GC Michigan 10/22
Manbird 10/22
Kudos 10/22
gabbar007 10/22

To Aceheart - List

Hi,
  I am not sure if my case is also goofed up.
 My P3 was sent by NVC to Chennai on 11/6 not in October.
  The doubt arises since when i called Chennai, they asked me
   to call after 10 days. Guess this is standard reply for all
 goofed up cases. Actually i am expecting a Feb interview.
  So dont know what to do, guess i will call Chennai after
 2-3 days.

I agree with Acehart

Why don\'t we seriously think of sending something to NVC?

I got an email from Madras saying: "Appt has not yet been scheduled. Please check with us in January".

If NVC does not do anything until Jan., then we will be talking about March for an appt. I suggest we try and do everything possible and then maybe we will be accommodated in Feb.

My View

I am thinking NVC did send our papers.. Or else they (at Chennai) will not know our NVC case no. First, We need to know what exact papers are missing. are they expecting papers from NVC or some other source..I will call them on Tuesday and find out.
I am also with you guys to request NVC to re-send the papers. But, we need to know what papers and where are they expecting them from.
Did you guys hear any case like us before in this site and did this person\'s papers reach Chennai finally?

I have not heard of another case

But, lawyers should know. I am waiting for my lawyer to get back to me. Will keep everyone posted.

I was (am) under the impression that NVC send our cases in entirety to the Consulate. The consulate then tallies the NVC documents with our P3. Maybe I am wrong. Anyone else know what exactly NVC sends out?

chennai e-mail

says, "We have still not recieved your petition". I am thinking we send them Packet-III, and NVC sends them our petition meaning our I-140 approval. This is why in my e-mail I asked chennai, what if I send them attorney certified I-140, but the only reply from them is "We have still not received your petition, Jan Interivew not possible".

lets wait till Tuesday

Let PRB talk to chennai on all our behalf,
aceheart you check with NVC on your "trace" and I will
check with my lawyer as he promised to follow-up with NVC. Hopefully on Tuesday we will have more clarity and can plan on what to do next.

Meanwhile please update your e-mail ID\'s on CPTRACKER.

How do we check status (chennai consulate)

How do we check the status of our petition. What is the Web site (or the phone number). My lawyer mailed my packet 3 during the last week of November. I did not try to check anything yet. Any suggestions as to what I need to do will be appreciated.

thanks in Advance,
Prasad

My hunch is Chennai has misplaced our papers

that were sent by NVC. Let us wait till Tuesday to hear what Chennai has to say