Jan. Interview (??) - Chennai/NVC mail screw-up

Gabbar, thank you.

That was really good.

Can we also forward the message to other lawyers (e.g., Khanna, etc.). This way we can maximize our chances of response and success.

If you wish, I can forward it to a couple of public domain lawyers I know.

Thank you again.

manbird - please do

Also, others please write something on thse lines to your own lawyers.

In the copy I sent to my lawyer, I mentioned that "I might be able to convince my other friends to hire your, if you can do something", added this on purpose as a bait, who knows if this would catch his attention.

GABBAR

Gabbar,

0) wHAT IS irs 9003 form? i DONT THINK i HAVE THAT ONE.

1)What should I be doing with medical

2) Where can I get the list of doctors in Chennai that are recognized by the embassy and when should I be fixing up an appointment

3) What are the vaccines that Ineed to take. Should I take somethign here. I dont think I have records for any vaccination? Would that affect?

4) Should we be taking Hepatitis B. i HEARD THAT IT HAS to be taken over a period of 3 -4 months. In case it is needed, is it enough that we take the first shot in India and then take the rest here in the US?

Thanks,

I was positive Chennai would coe up with PCC in a days notice .....

Now how many PCC\'s do we need. I have been in US since Aug 1997 and my wife since Aug 1999. My interpretation of the FAQ at chennai web site is that we need it only from the local consulate. Please let me know if that is true.
I like the idea of sending in queries to reputed lawyers as they might uncover a path we do not know about.
I had sent a detailed email to my lawyer. Here is his reply.
" You are not the only one case. there are so many cases. now we are working with department of state to see if we can find a good solution."
Looks like we are stuck in this mess for some time.

gabbar where did response from your lawyer originate

a. Lawyer\'s office
b. Chennai or
c. NVC

I mean who is going to work with state dept. to come up with a solution?

padaiyapp

All this info is in Packet-IV (list of doctors, IRS9003 forum etc. etc.), which you would be receiving once your interview is scheduled. Schedule interview with Dr. etc. only after your interview has been scheduled and is posted on Chennai\'s web site. Go through Chennai Jan2002 interview forum, for all the answers. Do not take any vaccinations etc. as it is better you do them all in India, again first go through Chennai Jan20002 forum messages and you will get all the answers.

gcappl / aceheart

aceheart, I beleive your question is addressed to gcappl, u typed gabbar by mistake.

gcapple, my interpretation is you need PCC only from consulate here in US as we are living here. Do not waste any time and apply for PCC at consulate.

REPLY to my e-mail from immigration-law.com

Hi, you have an option to file I-485. I-140 originals are sent to two
parties: One to the employer and one to the lawyer. You can use one of these originals. American Consulate in Chennai does not process IV
application on the attorney-certified documents. It appears that you have done everything to deal with the current unusual situation. If your lawyer is a member of the AILA, ask him/her to contact the AILA Liaison-DOS, Ms. Walker. Regards, Matthew

Caution: I cannot give a legal advice over e-mail. This is not a legal
advice. Rely on this message at your own risk. www.immigration-law.com

Any news Chennai??

Guys,

There is about a week left for Chennai to finalize Feb interview schedule..

Can Chennai decide to give dates based on Electronic copy?? or we are stuck till they receive originals...

Please post any updates if you called Chennai...

Regards to all.......

My FedEx Tracking number is different.

No analogy can be made with FedEx tracking number. My FedEx tracking number is 4220****8901. It was sent on 10/16 by NVC and received on 10/17 by J.Baker. I talked to a person at Sterling facility today. He took FedEx tracking number and asked me to call on Friday for the status. I will let you all know on Friday. He was first frustrated saying, "are you the same one who called twice last week", to which I answered \'No\'.

Best.

The lawyers are ...

I spoke to him and he said that he and a few other lawyers whose clients are in this mess are trying to work out a solution with the state department.suspect that the actual number of people affected by this mess is more than what we have here in this forum.

Gabbar007.

No he did not. He was saying it may take any number of weeks. But he said, he will be in a position to answer after one month.

santhu - exactly my point

Ms Walker is our last hope, she is AILA lisasion person for Dept. of State, most lawyers would first talk to her and she in turn would tak to DOS. I have been trying to impress these to our other friends that we need to some how reach and she in turn might take up or case, otherwise FEB interivew is completely ruled out.

Her email which I found using google is :
kwalker@kempsmith.com.

I havent yet heard back from her. Here is what I sent to her, please re-draft in your own words and send e-mail to her and post on this forum :
------------------------------
Madam,

I along with a group of other people (atleast another 10 people) have landed in a unique situation due to the current "Anthrax" situation. We had opted for Consular Processing during the time we applied for our I-140\'s. On approval, our papers where forwarded on to NVC in New Hampshire. Eventually our "Original Petition" was sent to Chennai via diplomatic pouch on 10/15 for some of us and 10/22 for the rest. These papers never made to Chennai. Our interviews where originally scheduled by Chennai on various dates in January but later cancelled as they did not have our "Physical" petition from NVC.

Some of us followed up with NVC and put a trace on our cases, NVC gave us FedEx tracking No\'s, which proved that our papers where delivered to Immigration Visa Unit, Department of State, Sterling VA 20166, from where they are further delivered through Diplomatic Pouch. On further investigation and talking to authorities in Sterling VA mail facility we where told, that these mails are still waiting to be fumigated and could take anywhere from 1-6 months.

At this time we are in a complete "Fix" as Chennai says that unless they receive our papers "Physically" they cannot proceed and NVC says they have sent our "Originals" and they can only re-send it electronically. Also it looks like this problem is there only with Chennai and not with Mumbai or Delhi. We are unable to make contact with any consulate officer in Chennai other that the Front Desk person, couldnt the consualte process our case based on the electronic case information they have from NVC ? As such already I had to cancel my air-tickets and my approved vacation and this additional uncertainity in these un-certain times is worrying us.

We would really appreciate if you could help us in some way by following up with the concerned authorities regarding this situation. You are our only hope at this stage.

Regards,

ajbinu /santhu - Sterling VA Phone #

Let us wait and hear from santhu first what the sterling VA person has to say, if all of us call him, he might get irritated. Even if one person calls and gets information, we all can benefit from that.

I have sent one request to Walker as well

Also, I heard from my lawyer (lawyer had sent mail to Chennai about my case). No new information. Chennai is waiting for papers to reach there physically (corporeal dimwits)

Let us see if Walker can help us out of this.

Anyone contemplating 485?