Jan. Interview (??) - Chennai/NVC mail screw-up

I have collected a few phone numbers for state department reps ...

Hope these help. For people who have Fed Ex tracking #, please call and find out what is the status of the packets and how much time do they expect for the decontamination and delivery to Chennai.

OFFICE OF PROGRAM MANAGEMENT (A/LM/PMP)
Director Cecilia Coates SA6 703-875-5194
Diplomatic Pouch and Mail Division Chief Ted Boyd SA1 202-663-1810
Operation Branch Tim Keitz SA1 202-663-1809
Unclassified Pouch & Mail Branch Carl Giampietro SA32 703-331-6882
Classified Pouch and Mail Branch Skip Iacobucci SA8 703-874-6199
Logistics Policy and Professional Development Division Chief Lynn Kopala 600 SA6 703-875-5838
Policy Branch Rich Natale 600 SA6 703-875-6287
Professional Development Branch Dorothy Camp 600 SA6 703-875-6656
Analysis Division (Vacant)
Performance Measure and Improvement Branch (Vacant)
Property Management Branch Dan Young 600 SA6 703-875-6415
Logistics Systems Division Chief (Vacant)
System Planning and Analysis Branch (Vacant)
System Integration and Support Branch (Vacant)

The whole directory is available at
http://foia.state.gov/mms/OrgDirectory/print_allorg.asp

Please post what you learn.

Update

My FedEx tracking no from NVC is: 422xxxx88912. I guess all cases sent on 10/16 may have the same tracking no. I called Sterling, VA mail office and according to them, All mails they received from 10/15 to 10/24 are still in the old Sterling,VA office. They are currently operating from a new location. I called the in-charge of the Diplomatic pouch, Giam Pietro, according to him, our mail is still in the old office and the decontamination of the building and mails is in process and it may take one month to complete.

Do I belong to this list?? Please help..

I am not sure if I belong here, I called Chennai on 15th and they said they have incomplete pkt3/information.
Here are my details:
Dec4 - Pkt 3 reached consulate(Acc to fedex).
PLEASE SHED SOME LIGHT!!!

GC Despo and IncyWincy

Find out what information is incomplete form Chennai. If you have not filled form completely or something similar to that, you do not belong here. But, if chennai says, they have not received your papers from NVC because of anthrax problem you are in the right place. Chennai has clearly mentioned to most (read it all) folks in this group that they have not received papers from NVC because of anthrax problem. If NVC has sent your papers to Chennai in the range 10/15-10/22 you probably belong here otherwise not.

PRB, you are right

My fedex tracking number is also same as yours. I also talked to SA32 this morning. As per SA32 they have about 3000 packets lying in the old building. Decontamination has started last week and so far they have cleared about 400 packets. Person I talked to also mentioned that they do not have access to compurers as they are working out of a new building and there is no way to trace our case. He also mentioned that one shipment had left SA32 on 10/22 and was recalled later on. Their first priority is to clear the mail that is still in old SA32 and then consider recalled mail. According to him they have 3 tractor-loads of recalled mail (I hope tractors he was referring to are of the size of postal trucks). So, we should expect March if not Feb.

Acehart, I asked that lady...

What do you mean by incomplete information and should I resend the pkt 3 and Can I assume that the pkt3 information has reached? She got frustrated and asked me to call back and hung up.

I dont think I missed anything in the forms \'cos there isn\'t much in those couple of forms. Also my attorney has checked them before mailing.

incywincy / gcdespo

You first need to find when your PIII was mailed by NVC to Chennai. Then if chennai says your origianl petition has still not reached them, you maybe in the same boat as we.

Feb Interview looks unlikely

For Feb interview our petition should reach them atleast I think by 10th Jan, as that is when they would be finalizing Feb interviews, it is more likely that we all would get March Interviews.

Could it be possible for NVC to resend after 3 months

It will be 3 months on Jan 15 since NVC mailed these papers. NVC should have some plan of action if paper do not reach embassies within 12 weeks. It may be worthwhile if we all present a case around Jan 15 to NVC. Also NVC said if we could present at least an email saying that papers have not reached Chennai that would be enough for them to consider the case. I do not know what they would do, but may contact Chennai. So just around 15th Jan do send e-mail to Chennai so that you get some kind of proof (reply for Chennai) that can be presented to NVC.

Friends

I still dont see an single posting by Mumbai or Delhi cp\'rs effected by this. How come they are un-affected?

You may be right.

I talked to my lawyer about this and he acknowledged that only Chennai cases are stuck. He was not sure why though.

It could be because Mumbai and Delhi are proceeding just with electronic information.

There is no reason whey they need these physical documents. According to NVC they should have all the information in electronic format.

Called NVC and ...

Hi all,
 I was not following my GC and just started tracking stuff.
I called up NVC. They said that my pkt was mailed on Oct 15th. (Doomed, I guess from what you guys tell me).
They also said it takes 1 week to 12 weeks for the pkt to reach India. Since it is not still 12 weeks, I think we need to wait patiently.
They said that they would put a trace on my case and then find out if the pkt has reached washington (do you guys know if this would delay the process).
I think the anthrax scare might be a baloney as our pkts would have gone via fed ex (fed ex pkts are not decontaminated right??) and after that it is via diplomatic pouch (not USPS right?)
I think we should just wait patiently for a month more.

Any ideas??

Santhu, do you know that for a fact? If so, maybe we can ask our lawyers to talk to Chennai

and see if they can go ahead with the electronic version. For this line of reasoning to have even an outside chance, the Mumbai and Delhi thing has to be true. Please tell us if you know any more........

Manbird, it was my guess that Mumbai and Delhi may be proceeding just with electronic info.

But NVC did say embassies should have all information in electronic format. I am not sure how NVC classifies mails. But it is very likely that NVC may have sent some IV cases for Mumbai and Delhi during 15-25Oct. I am not sure if it is a good idea to call Mumbai or Delhi and ask about the situation. Could help? Could hamper others?