************** Jan. Chennai CP Part II ****************

Mine is also 31st

Hi,

My interview is also on 31st and I am flying with Superman on Saturday.

Thanks

aishsri

A WAIT - Are you in Chennai yet?

Call me if you are...am at 2301194 or 4459548.

Got done with Lister today and going to Dr. V tomorrow (could not squeeze in today itself).

Thanks, aishsri and good luck to

you all. I am flying on 18th for the interview on 25th. Superman, Rajesh paul see you all there.

DDs

Hi,
  Can someone verify that these are the DDs that are required :
   1. Blue Dart - "Blue Dart Express Limited, Chennai",
                   payable at Chennai
                   Rs 250 + 2*Rs. 50 = Rs. 350
   2. Visa application fee Rs. 12740 (*2)
                 - The American Consulate General Chennai
                 - payable at Chennai
   3. Visa issuance fee Rs. 3185 (*2)
                 - The American Consulate General Chennai
                 - payable at Chennai

Urgent Help Needed: DS-230 Part 1 and 2 which version?

My lawyer sent me OF-230 forms. Looking in this forum, everyone is taking DS forms. So, i want to take DS forms just in case. I find 3 versions of DS-230 part1 and two versions of DS-230 part 2 in immihelp.com

Which is correct? Please reply ASAP.

URGENT: Help regarding documents...

URGENT: Help regarding documents...

1) My lawyer has sent me all the documents in a package in which they punched holes on top of each
                           documents and they thought they have done it professionally. But, I tend to feel it may be
                           cumbersome for consulate guys to open and look at it. I want to just put a clip binder and submit it
                           for easy access. Now, my question is does the consulate accept docs with the holes on top of it esp.,
                           the employment letter etc., since the others I can have my own.

2) Are the paystubs/bank statements required to be submitted ? Do we have to give only if they ask
                           or give it in the original list, since these are not mentioned in the list of docs to be submitted.

3) Do we need to submit photocopies of passport as well.

Appreciate ur quick feedback as I will be leaving tomorrow.
                           thanks very much

My 2 cents

1) Clip binder should be fine. There should be no problem because of the holes on the top.
2) Need to give the paystubs and bank statement only when asked.
3) I think that the Photocopy of passport is not needed. Let\'s ask Tanani or some one who recently did it.

Clear Plastic Folder

Mentioned in SRifx\'s doc, any ideas what make, part no etc.
or which section it is available at Office Depo/Max, staples etc.

It is DONE!!!

Folks - I just finished my IV interview. It was very cool. Went in at 8 AM and came out at 10 AM (probably faster due to the presence of my 8 month old kid).

Around 8:45 AM:-
Everything is the same as mentioned by Tanani. Appointment letter is asked by each and every security guy. Keep it handy. I arranged the documents as specified by Srifx. Used regular binding clips. I kept the immigration photos on top of the passport. Also, kept the interview letter on top of the binded document set. Gave my document set first and when the person was done with it, gave my wife\'s.
Was given the blue dart slip and asked to pay the application fee at counter 1. This person writes a number on the white slip to be given at counter 1. It was number 2. I was the last but one person to submit the docs.
Paid the application fee (12,740 each) at counter 1 and picked the receipts. Was asked to wait outside.

Around 9:30 AM:-
Every one were asked to assemble before the steps. Did the hand thinge (oath).

Around 9:45 AM:-
Mine was the second name to be called (there were 4 ladies whose husband were US citizens. They were called earlier). There were two counters 6 and 7. I was waiting beside the person in counter 7 for a minute when a security guy asked us to go to counter 6.
Here is the transcript of the conversation:
Him: What\'s the name?
Myself: Told full name.
He was busy seeing the documents. He checked the designation on the labor / employment letter and payslip.
Him: How long you worked in Germany, Sir?
Myself: 3 months
Him: arranged the documents. Gave us back the original certificates Marriage cert and my birth cert.
Him: Sir, Please sign these documents. DS230 part 2 and the letter mentioning reporting to the consulate if got laid off before reaching US.
Him: To my wife. Madam please sign this. (DS230 part 2)
Him: to my wife - Madam you can be seated with the baby in the reception.
Him: Was your wife in S\'pore with you?
Myself: No.
Him: gave me my Wife\'s Birth Cert.
Him: Please give me the bluedart slip and the bluedart dd.
Him: Please pay the issuance fee at counter 1. You can then go home.
Myself: Thanks.

The whole thing was over in less than 5 minutes.
Paid the issuance fee. And came out with smiles on the face.

I will notify the forum upon receiving the bluedart packet, tomorrow.

Misc:-
Met VisionCOV and spoke with him. Please arrange the documents as in Srifx\'s order or as in the appt letter. I saw atleast one person who was sent back to arrange the documents.

Good luck to you all! Thanks a bunch to Superman, Acehart, Meech, Gabbar, PattaHara, Samind and everyone.
Acehart, Gabbar and others who were hose a bit due to NVC mail problems - Very soon you will be also posting your successful posting. Good luck!!!

CP is very cool. I will stronly recommend it to a NON-pessimisst.

CONGRATULATIONS AIM !!! PARTY ON...

don\'t want to bug when partying but if you can please post the order of docs you had...

THANKS AIM AND CONGRATS AGAIN !

No Title

Thanks CVDevaro.
I had the documents ordered as specified by Srifx. The order of first 3 items were slightly different from Srifx.
1) Appt letter
2) Imm photos 3 (2 signed at the bottom and 1 unsigned)
3) Passport

Srifx\'s list:
LIST OF DOCS

Folder 1

Myname -1 (CP interview) (in the following order, held together using large paper clip)
1. Passport
2. 3 Immigration photos (1.5in by 1.5 in. Sign on two copies at the bottom front. Do not sign on the 3rd copy)
3. OF-171: Appt letter from Consulate (original letter)
4. OF230 part I(photocopy) & II Visa application (part-II UNSIGNED)
5. Marriage Cert. orig + copy
6. 3 Wedding photos (in a clear plastic envelope) + wedding card
7. Birth Cert. orig + copy
8. Employment letter (orig- notorised)
9. 3 months bank statements
10. last 3 years tax returns (1998, 1999, 2000)
11. Medical reports (no X-rays)
12. IRS 9003 form
----------------------------------------
Folder 2

Spousename - 1 (CP interview): (in the following order, held together using large
paper clip)
1. Passport
2. 3 Immigration photos (1.5in by 1.5 in. Sign on two copies at the bottom front. Do not sign on the 3rd copy)
3. OF230 part I(photocopy)& II Visa application (part-II UNSIGNED)
4. Marriage cert copy
5. 3 wedding photos (in a clear plastic envelope) + wedding card
6. Birth Cert. copy orig + copy
7. Affid of support for spouse I-134 (org-notorised)
8. Copy of primaries employment letter
9. Medical reports (no X-rays)
10. IRS 9003 form
--------------------

Congrats AIM

It is indeed a great relief when you walk out of the consulate after have paid your issuance fee. We never realise that we stress ourselves a lot when going through this process by daily thinking/worrying about it.

I am taking off Sat. afternoon. All the best my Freinds.

aishri/Orumathi, I will meet you at JFK. You can find me very easily. I am 6\' and my wife is 5\'8". I wear small glasses. I will be in blue jeans and T-shirt.

completed Lister/Medicals

well, I completed Lister on 18th Jan. Cool deal, in 20 minutes! Picked up report at 4:30PM.
Medical appt with Dr. RajKumar. Great guy, I would recommend him any day. (He is MD from Wayne State). He just gave me the MMR, discussed the lab results with me (Everything was negative). Whole process takes about an hour.

Took the DD\'s from Bank Of India (Thousand Lights Branch). The lady at the counter immediately asked me if it was for the US visa (gee, do I have that stamp on my forehead?). Rs 105 for the commision (all 3 DD\'s).

Photos done at Konica opp. Chola Sheraton.

Interview is on 24th. Will be flying back to my folks tomorrow.Back in Chennai on the 22nd.

Staying at Hotel Savera. I would give this hotel a C average. Good breakfast/lunch, but the room sucks. Plus point is its within walking distance of Konica, and not far away from Lister/Dr. RajKumar.
Dont book the hotel from the Internet, call them directly or try their website(hotelsavera.com). I did the mistake of booking through an agency, maybe I\'ve paid 50% more for my first stay.
The auto guys can make out of a distance about a well paying customer. I dont mind though paying Rs. 30-50 extra, considering that they wait while you finish the lab/medicals.