************** Jan. Chennai CP Part II ****************

CP Interview done Successfully on Jan 24th

hello All,

Done with the interview on Jan 24h. Pretty much the same procedure posted by other CPers. Only question asked do you have your old passport. And also as I submitted originals for paystubs, W2 and PCC asked if I needed them back. Don\'t want to start a thing with PCC its not required but my attorney forced me to get one.

Received the Packet with Immigrant Visa paper from Blue Dart at 10:45am in my Hotel. The Blue Dart guys asks for acopy of your interview letter and some identification like passport copy or Driver\'s License copy to take with him. No mistakes on the Visa paper.

Thanks to all the guys who have been greatly helpful. Special thanks to Mr Rajiv Khanna for maintianing and supporting this portal.

Take Care and God Bless

I will be around if you have questions please post.

Bye
Dallas Bond

Congrats Cobra

Congrats Cobra, All the best in future and please post your experience at POE and Plastic Cards.

Cheers
Dallas Bond

Successfull completed my CP on 25th @ chennai!

Finally, what a relife!

Everything as usual, as explained by previous CPers\'.

For me NO questions asked. My name was called and the officer ( Indian guy ) asked me to sign DS230part2 & other form. That\'s it..I was out of there by 10:30AM.

Guys, I don\'t think the kalkotta shooting incident has changed anything, atleast @ chennai consulate. Everything was as usual.
No need to panic as of date...

I had given my native place address for the passport & visaIV pkt.
I would have limited access to internet. So I may not be able to answere any of the questions at this point. But as and when I get chance I will try to post my Complete CP experience in detail.

Good luck guys....

My 2cents: Have all the documents well organised. If ur case is a straight forward case, one will be thro\'.

Key points:
- If submitting tax transcripts, I don\'t think they ask u for W2\'s.
- Immi help\'s different versions of DS230part2 forms doesn\'t matter.

Good Luck guys... will post once I get chance or after I enter POE.
Thanks for all the advice who have helped me thro\'the process...

God is Great!

Me done too......

Nothing out of the ordinary except for the long wait and a bunch of questions from a friendly consulate dude regarding recent marriage. If anybody has specifics (like combining CP and marriage) I\'d be glad to pitch in.

Thanks to all and say a prayer for Sup. After all the help he gave us he has to go back again on tuesday. Nothing serious.

All the best to the succesful and to the soon-to-be successful

Me too

Hi,
I too have the interview on 29th . Can you tell me what should we answer for Q34 in DS-230 II,

Referring to Q34 from DS-230 II:
I claim to be exempt from ineligibility to receive a visa and exclusion under item ------- in part 2 for the following reason. Best of Luck

-Thanks,
Kuldeep

Rajesh Paul and all successful CPers, please tell the procedure at POE.

Please tell the procedure at POE.

Jan Cpers, please update on plastic cards

It would be helpful if all Jan Cper\'s post if and when they recieve notice from TSC, along with their POE.

POE completed in Chicago and received the I-551 stamp !

THANK GOD, it is all over with !! At POE, we gave those packets to the immigration officer, they called us in 2 minutes, had us sign in a couple of places, put our finger-prints in a couple of places and then the officer showed us our coveted and much awaited I-551 stamp.
Now my wife and I are gleefully back home. I am checking and rechecking the stamp a zillion times !
Will be checking this site to help any future CPers and to post updates on the plastic cards.
Thanks again folks and Best Wishes...!

cdevaro

Completed on Jan 31st.

Hi ,

I went to the consulate by 7.45 AM and they let us in before 8. They seperate us from the other line . My wife did not carry any hand bag but I some having a small one. I kept only the required documents.

Mine
-----
1. OF-171
2. DS-230 (part 1 and 2)
3. Marriage Certificate ( orig + copy)
4. Wedding Photos (in a clear plastic cover)
5. Birth Certificate (orig + copy)
6. Employment Letter
7. Bank Letter (orig + copy)
8. Bank Statement (orig + copy)
9. Pay Slip (orig + copy)
10. Tax Transcript
11. Medical Report
12. 9003 form

My Wife
-------
1. OF-171
2. DS-230 (part 1 and 2)
3. Marriage Certificate (copy)
4. Wedding Photos (in a clear plastic cover)
5. Birth Certificate (orig + copy)
6. Copy of my Employment Letter
7. I-134
8. Medical Report
9. 9003.

The Dude who called me did not ask any question gave back all the orig. and I was out by 10. I received my Passport to day.

Good luck to others.

Thanks

Successful CP at Chennai on Jan 23rd

Fellow CPers,

Writing to let you all know that our Green-Card got approved at Chennai US Consulate on the 23rd Jan.
Process was very typical as explained in detail by others on this discussion board.
Security was very tight as the interview was a day after the Kolkatta incident. Keep your appointment letter handy. Water bottle is allowed. Ladies\' handbags not allowed into the Consulate. Snacks (biscuit, coffee, samosa etc.) available inside the Consulate.
People were called in for Document submission on a first come first served basis (security guard decides this).
The oath-taking followed this activity.
Later on announcements were made (very feeble and not clear .... however if you don\'t hear it, the security guard comes out and announces your name loudly .... so don\'t worry) and people were called in for the interview at RANDOM (unlike what some people had discussed here about family cases being given preference, people with kids being given preference etc.)
We were out of the Consulate by 12:30pm.
No PCC required.
The lady (Indian) at the counter spent a lot of time on my employment letter (I wonder why). Got a little nervous.
Was asked for bank statements and latest paystubs.

Received the packet at my Bangalore address the following morning (11:30am). My first/middle/last names interchanged. I guess I can have this fixed at the POE. Right ? Has anyone had a similar experience before ? Please recommend.

POE - LAX (30th Jan 2002) - Went Well

Fellow CPers,

I entered the U.S. via Los Angeles yesterday (30th Jan 2002).

Submitted the IV packets to the immigration officer. Was asked to sign on a form and was fingerprinted. Was then asked to go collect the baggage and come back. When I came back, the officer handed me back my Passport (with the red rubber stamp). The officer also made me sign an additional form (as I had asked the officer to interchange my middle and first names - they were interchanged on the IV packet).

The whole process went very smoothly.

Is there any way by which I can track the progress of my physical GC production ?

Succesfull GC Interview on 01/29

Hi All,

I do not still believe that I am successfully done with the GC interview. No questions asked at the interview, very smooth process.
No problem at the POE, SFO (Hardly 10 minutes) either.

Thanks a lot for all the help.

Will post a detailed message later, let me know if someone should need a detailed message regarding any particular topic.

Best of luck
Kuldeep.

"After the Green Card List" - Please post details (CP Date, POE Date, Status of Plastic Ca

Friends,

For those who had successful CP during Jan 2002 and those who have already entered the US, please post your details in the "After the Green Card" List.

Thanks.

I don\'t see any thread about this in the "After Green Card" List

Meech did you create a thread for the above?
Can anyone tell me how to check the status of the Plastic card processing?

Thanx

successful CP @ Chennai on Jan 24

Hi All,

Finished my CP on Jan 24 @ Chennai and just came back to US. No problems, the process was smooth, and no questions asked at the interview.

Will post the details soon, let me know if you have any questions...

Thanks to all the people in this forum.

Subra

CP done on 24th @Chennai

NO questions asked. Simple procedure. My wife had to submit PCC\'s from Bahrain and UK as she had travelled. Met MuthuS and Kuldeep. My name was mispelt. Got it corrected on the 31st. Was not sure whether I could get this done at the POE. Now I understand that we can get the correction done at the POE.

Thanks to everyone who have helped us through this site.

Details:

Interview Date : 24th Jan
POE: JFK
Date of Entry : 2nd Feb