Jan bulletin is out

Did you mean behind? Anyway maybe Mexico does not have enough 245i applicants. That is a guess. It is a black box to all of us. Just take what you have for now.

Atleast it moved beyond April 30 deadline.

baby_mde said:
Why EB3 india beyond mexico?? I just do not undersrand this. Can someone expaline this??

gc_retrogress said:
EB3 - India moved to May 8 2001...hoping to see some light in the future

Only thing to hope is that it does not go back beyond April 30.
Now if it has crossed April 30, isn't it suppose to move faster?

it should . That doen't mean it going to move fater. WE can't predict.

GaramChai2go said:

They just want to move their a.... very carefully, with extra extra caution. You know how sophisticated they are.

Movement

When i compare between Dec '06 & Jan '07 bulletins, i see that the only movements were for:
EB3: India 2 weeks (Apr 22 - May 8 2001)
Mexico 1 week (My 8 - May 15 2001)

There was no movement for any other country/category. What does this imply for the future??

GaramChai2go said:
They just want to move their a.... very carefully, with extra extra caution. You know how sophisticated they are.
They`re melting the clock to keep their jobs. The solution is an approval of another immigration law in the congress. This way, we can get our approvals in a snap. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
April hurdle ..

Guys and Gals,

Although India Eb3 has finally crossed the April hurdle, it is most likely that the dates will stay in May for the next few bulletins. India EB3 seems to be following the progress pattern of Mexico EB3 dates although the pattern is a few months behind that of Mexico. The DOS is probably using the same metric/logic/guesswork for Mexico and India.

Anyway, lets atleast be a little happy to see May 01 in front of India EB3. If nothing else, its better than April 01 :)

cheers,

saras

NIce

Nice to see EB3 India date moved but how long ? I see this in bulletin.

EMPLOYMENT: Demand for numbers in the Employment Third “Other Workers” category, as well as the China and India Employment Second preference categories, has been escalating. No movement in those cut-off dates will be possible until the current level of demand subsides.

baby_mde said:
Why EB3 india beyond mexico?? I just do not undersrand this. Can someone expaline this??

Baby Mde.

How you dare to ask a question like this? Mexico has not overflowed the USCIS system with millions of H1Bs that later became GC applicants like India.

In fact the question should be. Why Mexico is not with the rest of the world?

Unless there are many 245i applications still pending from Illegal Aliens there is not reason whatsoever for Mexico to be lagging like this.

I485 applicants from Mexico are an extreme minority and its numbers are extremely small in comparison with the millions of I485 from India. Do not be surprised if in the future Mexico joins with ROW and India still lags for another 3 years.

EMPLOYMENT: Demand for numbers in the Employment Third “Other Workers” category, as well as the China and India Employment Second preference categories, has been escalating. No movement in those cut-off dates will be possible until the current level of demand subsides.

Based on that I can understand that Demand for numbers in the Employment Third “SKILLED WORKERS” category of ROW , as well as the China and India is significantly low, however they do not want to consider to move cut off dates for them.

Next month would be the litmus test. I suspect it will not go back unless BEC sends out more labor approvals. Atleast at this point there are not many old labors or I-140s that is why they moved the dates ahead....

We should all be happy remember most of us were predicting it will

GaramChai2go said:

EB3 other workers ...

sfmars said:

Based on that I can understand that Demand for numbers in the Employment Third “SKILLED WORKERS” category of ROW , as well as the China and India is significantly low, however they do not want to consider to move cut off dates for them.

smfars,

The "Other worker" category has been in Oct 01 for a while now. The "Other Worker" category is limited to 10,000 visas per year and this is the category that the bulletin refers to. It is defenitely a good sign that nothing is mentioned about EB3 ROW, India or Mexico. We can take this to mean that the demand within most of EB3s has been low. The bulletin only warns against EB2 India and China. This is logical because these categories have moved a lot lately. I don't want to get to optimistic here but the remainder of '07 should be interesting to say the least.

cheers,

saras

Other workers 5000 only

saras76 said:
smfars,

The "Other worker" category has been in Oct 01 for a while now. The "Other Worker" category is limited to 10,000 visas per year and this is the category that the bulletin refers to. It is defenitely a good sign that nothing is mentioned about EB3 ROW, India or Mexico. We can take this to mean that the demand within most of EB3s has been low. The bulletin only warns against EB2 India and China. This is logical because these categories have moved a lot lately. I don't want to get to optimistic here but the remainder of '07 should be interesting to say the least.

cheers,

saras

saras,

The "Other Worker" category is limited to 5,000 visas per year.
From 2002 they are limited to 5,000.

You just have confirmed what I said that nothing is mentioned about EB3 Skilled Workers. It means either there is no demand for EB3 or demand for EB3 is very low with the current cut off dates.

They have available visas in EB3 but they want to save them.
The question is for whom, either for the rest of BEC traditional cases or may be they have strategy to save them for Congress and further to give them to nurses.

EB2 movement is soooo disappointing..
It would be nice if we atleast knew how many cases are in BEC for India in EB2 and EB3. Looks like India EB2 is screwed for a couple of years atleast now..

Who knows ..

sfmars said:
saras,

The "Other Worker" category is limited to 5,000 visas per year.
From 2002 they are limited to 5,000.

You just have confirmed what I said that nothing is mentioned about EB3 Skilled Workers. It means either there is no demand for EB3 or demand for EB3 is very low with the current cut off dates.

They have available visas in EB3 but they want to save them.
The question is for whom, either for the rest of BEC traditional cases or may be they have strategy to save them for Congress and further to give them to nurses.

sfmars,

Thanks for the update on the 5000 limitation. I was not aware of that. Anyway, we should not read to much into this bulletin. It is good that there aren't warning signs for EB3 categories but we will know the truth in the next 4-8 months. As we all know, dates can just as easily be moved back and warning statements can be released in any bulletin.

Lets just hope the demand is low.

cheers,

saras

Why Isnt Family First (f1) Moving??

Its so disappointing to see the same dates 22 APRIL 2001 every month.Looks like DOS have forgotton about us totally. F1 hasnt moved from the last one and half yrs. Any clues why it isnt moving? and when will it pass April 2001? :mad: