Jan bulletin is out

techy2468 said:
can you please explain the conspiracy against the greatly talented....world dominating EB3??

I said several times that personally know some EB1 (who successfully got green cards) my colleagues who does not deserve even school certificate

(Your dots after, "talented") What makes you think that EB3 less talented than you?

As for conspiracy itself if you can find somewhere in the official sources how many 245i are still in the queue ? what is the diversity of nationality for 245i ? What is the mathematical basis or any special formulas for calculation current cut off dates ?

If you can not find it means that conspiracy exists.

they must have got it as EB1-managers.....is that right??

i am myself a EB3.....my spouse is a EB1 just because of her profession and education.......i am not saying EB3 are less talented......i am saying that their supply is way too much.....almost 10-15 times the demand....hence its going to take 10 times for them.....to get their gc.......hence their is no conspiracy......

techy2468 said:
they must have got it as EB1-managers.....is that right??

Wrong guess, they are all PhDs working with me.

techy2468 said:
i am myself a EB3.....my spouse is a EB1 just because of her profession and education.......i am not saying EB3 are less talented......i am saying that their supply is way too much.....almost 10-15 times the demand....hence its going to take 10 times for them.....to get their gc.......hence their is no conspiracy......

Everybody knows that there is a lot of candidates for EB3 but nobody knows statistics and surrounding factors and basis for current cut off dates in EB3 category. We can read in DoS bulletins that huge demands expected for particular visas.

Since we do not hear official explanations for cut off dates, one can conclude that there is implementation of conspiracy on the official level.

saras76 said:
dmbronner,

All dates were retrogressed due to 245is. Exactly why dates were thrown so far back is anyones guess. Some people claim that the DHS determined the date of the oldest pending PDs in each category and placed the dates according to those.

regards,

saras

I know that the 245i applicants move the dates back to 2001, but today are in August 2002, Do you think that the dates will continue moving noting that the 245i wave was long past?

Eb3 Row

dmbronner said:
I know that the 245i applicants move the dates back to 2001, but today are in August 2002, Do you think that the dates will continue moving noting that the 245i wave was long past?

dmbronner,

I believe EB3 ROW should keep moving. The most likely reason that it did not move in the Jan bulletin is because of the quick movements in the last few months. The progress probably qualified a lot of EB3 ROW applications for visas and the increased demand probably led the DHS to hold the dates for another month. That being said, there is no reason for EB3 ROW to not keep moving because it is well past the April '01 hurdle. The next few bulletins should clear things up a bit.

cheers,

saras

sfmars said:

Everybody knows that there is a lot of candidates for EB3 but nobody knows statistics and surrounding factors and basis for current cut off dates in EB3 category. We can read in DoS bulletins that huge demands expected for particular visas.

Since we do not hear official explanations for cut off dates, one can conclude that there is implementation of conspiracy on the official level.
you can find out about past EB3 number from uscis website....i think i was wrong in saying that EB3-india used to consume 35-45k visas....i think whole of EB3 used to consume that much.....but of course we all know that alteast 70% of that is india...

so you think people with Phds do not deserve school certificates........can you elaborate on this interesting opinion of yours??

Lack of transparency ..

sfmars said:

Guys,

Unless there is transparency in this system, questions about implementation will always be raised. There is a reason why the updates in most bulletins are vague. Throwing around words such as heavy demand, increased demand, expected demand does not explain anything. To be fair to the agencies, the problem is pretty complex and its unreasonable to expect them to be on top of this stuff. If these agencies work anything like most work places (and I am sure they do) there is a lot of CYA going on. Cover your bases to a point that the goof up can't be traced back to you. Do not commit to anything firmly and always give general updates that you can't be held accountable for if things go south.

The present situation is a combination of 245is, bad Service Center practices while PDs were current, loop hole manipulation by applicants and an urgency to clean up the system at any cost. Because of the way the system was designed, it is hard for agencies to communicate with eachother and resolve problems. I don't think its a conspiracy as much as inefficiency and incompetence. Its a stretch to expect a combination of the DOL, DHS and USCIS to work together and resolve small operational problems let alone have a good well thoughtout strategy to progress PDs.

cheers,

saras

Last edited by a moderator:
techy2468 said:
so you think people with Phds do not deserve school certificates........can you elaborate on this interesting opinion of yours??

I did not say that.

All what I said is that personally know some EB1....my colleagues who does not deserve even school certificate.

I said what I said as a response to your irony regarding "...talented EB3"

sfmars said:
I did not say that.

All what I said is that personally know some EB1....my colleagues who does not deserve even school certificate.

I said what I said as a response to your irony regarding "...talented EB3"
and you know why i said talented....supermen....all dominating EB3...

becuase you think that USCIS is the evil power hell bent on stopping EB3...

what i meant was....why will USCIS target EB3??...........i have heard of USCIS trying to conspire to harm EB3/EB2-india ................luckily EB1-india is current....otherwise i would have started believing that indians are so smart that americans want to discourage them.....because maybe they will take over USA after 15 years....

Thank you rsrinivas27 for answering my question. I got hold of my I-140 approval and it said April 30 2001 as priority date. :D

Now the question is how long do I have to wait until I see a GC? I am guessing they will touch my file sometime in Jan 2007. I am hoping that my file will not get stuck in name check like others. :( But since I already had my interview they must have done that before, right?

How long do I have to wait after my priority date becomes current before I take Infopass appointment and demand my GC? 90 Days? :confused:

Waiting, Wishing & Hoping

Little_d ....i dont think you have to wait 90 days.....i am not sure about any rule....i would say try after 15 days itself....

Thanks

Thank you techy2468. I will wait until Jan 15th and see what happens. If I do not see any update on my file then I will go and ask what is going on? Hoping my miserly is over in Jan 2007.

So any guesses what Feb 2007 would hold for EB-3 India?

I would say it will move to May 15, 2001. After that it will pick up steam and move faster than Mexico.

I think it will be either May 8th 2001 or rollback to April 30th 2001.

gc_retrogress said:
So any guesses what Feb 2007 would hold for EB-3 India?

I would say it will move to May 15, 2001. After that it will pick up steam and move faster than Mexico.

I noticed that for Jan 2007 mumbai and chennai consulates have abt 30-35 consular appts scheduled for EB3 category whereas earlier when priority dates were at April 22nd 2001 there used to be at the most 8-10 EB3 appts scheduled at the consulates.

Of course consular processing is opted for by a low percentage of people but sudden increase in consular appts for Jan 2007 leads me to believe that there are many people with PDs between april 22nd and May 8

So EB3 India might get stuck at May 8th for some time or may even rollback to April 31st based on demand.

GC37 said:
I noticed that for Jan 2007 mumbai and chennai consulates have abt 30-35 consular appts scheduled for EB3 category whereas earlier when priority dates were at April 22nd 2001 there used to be at the most 8-10 EB3 appts scheduled at the consulates.

Of course consular processing is opted for by a low percentage of people but sudden increase in consular appts for Jan 2007 leads me to believe that there are many people with PDs between april 22nd and May 8

So EB3 India might get stuck at May 8th for some time or may even rollback to April 31st based on demand.

Jan Bulletin, I believe will take effect only from January 1st. Its only December now.. so could these appointments be for Dec. bulletin dates?..

centerq said:
Jan Bulletin, I believe will take effect only from January 1st. Its only December now.. so could these appointments be for Dec. bulletin dates?..
Can they not do processing earlier and issue GCs only after visas become current?

centerq
The dates I saw are listed under "January 2007 Interview Appointment Schedule" under the respective consulate's website. The consulates post the immigrant visa appointment schedule for the next month by approximately the 15th of the previous month.

GC37 said:

So EB3 India might get stuck at May 8th for some time or may even rollback to <B>April 31st<b> based on demand.

April 31 ???????

Is there a statistical solution to predict?

saras76,

I have been a silent reader for several months on this forum. I enjoy your logical arguments and agree with some of them.
well, I guess inefficiency, incompetence, uncaring attitude is more a problem than any conspiracy theory.
I have a theory as well. If we could find a statisticain among us, he/she can build a model considering the different variables such as the 2800 visa numbers, retrogression, ROW becoming current etc... and run a regression model (different from retrogression, maybe the reverse :) ), then maybe we can get a handle on this prediction business.
I am not a statician so I do not know how to go about this.
If only USCIS can collate their data and carry out this exercise ..... and the pigs can fly

Last edited by a moderator: