Jan bulletin is out

saras76 said:
You are acutally keeping up with the actual number of my posts .. what kind of a loser does that .. atleast I am writing stuff (no matter how useless it may be) u are simply counting the nuber .. u get a life u loser ...

later,

saras

Well, what can I say....I am sure...it just shows the struggle of sara76 over the years on immigration issues....I know myself..I have been hooked to this forum since my I485 was filed....Well, only one thing can liberate us all...485 approval...Hee Hee

Until then, the pileup of posts is gonna mount up....on and on.....Ha Ha Ha...
I try to resist coming to this forum but the uncertainty of 485 adjudication brings me back/time and again!

100 vs. 2000.

Sorry to irk you but keep seeing your messages on this board on every issue; read some and just can't make sense of the final outcome you have. I am hitting 100 too on this; very bad but 2000 is f...d up.

saras76 said:
You are acutally keeping up with the actual number of my posts .. what kind of a loser does that .. atleast I am writing stuff (no matter how useless it may be) u are simply counting the number .. u get a life u loser ...

later,

saras

Yes ..

banta4gc said:
Well, what can I say....I am sure...it just shows the struggle of sara76 over the years on immigration issues....I know myself..I have been hooked to this forum since my I485 was filed....Well, only one thing can liberate us all...485 approval...Hee Hee

I try to resist coming to this forum but the uncertainty of 485 adjudication brings me back/time and again!

banta4gc,

I have been on this forum for over 4 years now. My 485 filing anniversary itself is approaching 3 years in a few months. Visting this site is a hobby more than anything. I will probably visit and post stuff even after my approval.

cheers,

saras

saras76 said:
dmbronner,

Your reasoning is pretty valid but there are some basic errors. Firstly, the max number that has ever been quoted is 300,000 pending in the BECs. Second, just a few months ago the BECs and the DOL released an update that said that of the 300,000 only 170,000 were valid. The rest were abandoned/rejected. This news was widely reported on immigration sites. Third, of the 170,000 that are valid there is no telling how many are EB3 or EB2, there is no telling how many are 245is and there is no idea of the nationality breakdown. So all mathematical estimates are going to be wrong.

regards,

saras

With the new numbers, the estimates will be:

TOTAL ESTIMATED CASES BACKLOG CENTERS: 170,000

TOTAL ESTIMATED APPROVALS 80% 136,000

TOTAL ESTIMATED ROW EB1, EB2, EB3 60% 81,600
TOTAL: ESTIMATED INDIA / CHINA / MEX 40% 54400

ESTIMATED SHARE PER YEAR
2001 ROW EB1, EB2, EB3 16,320 20%
2002 ROW EB1, EB2, EB3 20,400 25%
2003 ROW EB1, EB2, EB3 24,480 30%
2004 ROW EB1, EB2, EB3 20,400 25%

Estimated percentage share:
India 35% 19040
Mexico 35% 19040
China 15% 8160
Philipines 15% 8160
TOTAL 54400

The Breakdown by Nationalities (India, Mex, Phil, China) is an estimate based in the previous visa bulletins were China and Philip. are with ROW.

don't read them then ..

nyc8300 said:
Sorry to irk you but keep seeing your messages on this board on every issue; read some and just can't make sense of the final outcome you have. I am hitting 100 too on this; very bad but 2000 is f...d up.

nyc8300,

no need to apologize. you are free to do what u please .. just as I am free to post whatever I want. Very simple solution ... just skip over my posts in threads. Its a waste of your time to read stuff that makes no sense to u. Totally undestandable.

later,

saras

banta4gc said:

Peace guys !!!. Actually I find Saras76 talking some logic in this thread after a long gap. :D However, I still cannot agree with his argument about uscis holding visa numbers intentionally. Anyway, it does noy matter unless once PD is close to the current cutoff date.

Thanks for the endorsement ..

indian_gc_ocean said:
Peace guys !!!. Actually I find Saras76 talking some logic in this thread after a long gap. :D However, I still cannot agree with his argument about uscis holding visa numbers intentionally. Anyway, it does noy matter unless once PD is close to the current cutoff date.

indian_gc_ocean,

Thanks a lot for your endorsement. Its truly an honor to be recognized by truly logical people like yourself and UN. Please continue to enlighten us all with your logical rants about the state of the US economy, the true effects of outsourcing, the true reasons for retrogression, the workings of the DOL/DHS/USCIS, about how there is a logical reason for each and everything that comes out of government agencies. Its a wonder that logical people like yourself with such pratical explainations and solutions are are just as stuck as the rest of us and have no more a clue than anyone of us ... a shame indeed.

later,

saras

Last edited by a moderator:
saras76 said:
indian_gc_ocean,

Thanks a lot for your endorsement. Its truly an honor to be recognized by truly logical people like yourself and UN. Please continue to enlighten us all with your logical rants about the state of the US economy, the true effects of outsourcing, the true reasons for retrogression, the workings of the DOL/DHS/USCIS, about how there is a logical reason for each and everything that comes out of government agencies. Its a wonder that logical people like yourself with such pratical explainations and solutions are are just as stuck as the rest of us and have no more a clue than anyone of us ... a shame indeed.

later,

saras

saras is an angry mood today, easy saras, just came across a some good thread after a long time did not want to spoil the tempo with personal attacks thats all. I don't know what is there to be ashamed of getting stuck in retrogression. Is there anything one can do about it. Anyway, I usually do the job I like and I would consider myself as free as having a greencard but certainly not as stuck.

Anyway, I just do not agree with your argument of uscis withholding visa numbers intentionally, I do not see any reason for them to see that. When working on 2800 visas, it does not make any sense for a guy(not me) whose PD is far off from the current cutoff date. If you disagree, make a counter argument otherwise just move on.

Guesstimation ...

indian_gc_ocean said:
saras is an angry mood today, easy saras, just came across a some good thread after a long time did not want to spoil the tempo with personal attacks thats all. I don't know what is there to be ashamed of getting stuck in retrogression. Is there anything one can do about it. Anyway, I usually do the job I like and I would consider myself as free as having a greencard but certainly not as stuck.

Anyway, I just do not agree with your argument of uscis withholding visa numbers intentionally, I do not see any reason for them to see that. When working on 2800 visas, it does not make any sense for a guy(not me) whose PD is far off from the current cutoff date. If you disagree, make a counter argument otherwise just move on.

indian_gc_ocean,

I have never claimed that there is a deep rooted conspiracy against EB3s and that the DOL/DOS/USICS are holoding up dates intentionally. This is a clever little misinterpretation that certain people keep harping about. I guess I can understand because presenting my views in such blunt ways makes me look like some conspiracy theoriest and soothes certain peoples egos. My point is that a fair amount of guesstimation goes on with the dates. Was there a logical reason for sending EB3 India back to 1998 in Oct 05? Was there a logical reason to move India EB3 quickly into 2001 within a few months? No amount of logic can explain a jump of years. It is a well known fact that the DOL does not keep track of duplicate applications (PERM vs regular), it is well known that there is no well maintained data on the nationality of labor applicants, there is no data on exactly how many 245is are already in the 485 pipeline and no idea of how many are in the BECs. All this leads me to believe that the dates cannot be trusted. They may be way of in either direction. The difference in our opinions/thoughts my friend is far more deep rooted. I do not trust government agencies and do not give them the benefit of the doubt while you believe that because this is the US of A, every rule is followed, everything has reason and true logic is used. There are so many examples of US government ineptitude lately that its amazing to me that people put so much faith in the most neglected and broken system of this governement, the immigration system.

I am also not questioning the retrogression. There are valid reasons for that and as I have stated before, for India EB3s and EB2s, this retro is well deserved. To many of us are here, to many body shops run by indians have been exploiting every loophole out there, to many of us are willing to do anything to get the GC (bend the rule, use shady companies etc etc). All this has caught upto us.

As for feeling stuck. I have made the most of my time here. I did my undergraduate degree here, am working in a nice company that does not exploit me, am currently pursuing graduate level education from a top 10 institution. I consider myself lucky in many ways. All this however does not take away from the fact that this system is totally broken for certain categories. We should also not be afraid to admit that not everything makes perfect logical sense in this immigration system.

regards,

saras

Last edited by a moderator:
saras76 said:
indian_gc_ocean,

I have never claimed that there is a deep rooted conspiracy against EB3s and that the DOL/DOS/USICS are holoding up dates intentionally. This is a clever little misinterpretation that certain people keep harping about. I guess I can under because presenting my views in such blunt ways makes me look like some conspiracy theoriest and soothes certain peoples egos. My point is that a fair amount of guesstimation goes on with the dates. Was there a logical reason for sending EB3 India back to 1998 in Oct 05? Was there a logical reason to move India EB3 quickly into 2001 within a few months? No amount of logic can explain a jump of years. It is a well known fact that the DOL does not keep track of duplicate applications (PERM vs regular), it is well known that there is no well maintained data on the nationality of labor applicants, there is no data on exactly how many 245is are already in the 485 pipeline and no idea of how many are in the BECs. All this leads me to believe that the dates cannot be trusted. They may be way of in either direction. The difference in our opinions/thoughts my friend is far more deep rooted. I do not trust government agencies and do not give them the benefit of the doubt while you believe that because this is the US of A, every rule is followed, everything has reason and true logic is used. There are so many examples of US government ineptitude lately that its amazing to me that people put so much faith in the most neglected and broken system of this governement, the immigration system.

I am also not questioning the retrogression. There are valid reasons for that and as I have stated before, for India EB3s and EB2s, this retro is well deserved. To many of us are here, to many body shops run by indians have been exploiting every loophole out there, to many of us are willing to do anything to get the GC (bend the rule, use shady companies etc etc). All this has caught upto us.

As for feeling stuck. I have made the most of my time here. I did my undergraduate degree here, am working in a nice company that does not exploit me, am currently pursuing graduate level education from a top 10 insititution. I consider myself lucky in many ways. All this however does not take away from the fact that this system is totally broken for certain coategories and that we should not be afraid to speak up against it or question it.

regards,

saras

Saras,

What do you think it will happen to EB3 ROW, USCIS and DOL also moved these date back far away?

True ..

dmbronner said:
Saras,

What do you think it will happen to EB3 ROW, USCIS and DOL also moved these date back far away?

dmbronner,

All dates were retrogressed due to 245is. Exactly why dates were thrown so far back is anyones guess. Some people claim that the DHS determined the date of the oldest pending PDs in each category and placed the dates according to those.

regards,

saras

saras76 said:
dmbronner,

All dates were retrogressed due to 245is. Exactly why dates were thrown so far back is anyones guess. Some people claim that the DHS determined the date of the oldest pending PDs in each category and placed the dates according to those.

regards,

saras
Sara,
I always check for the contents of a post but not the number of post by a certain member.. Any how you are at the mile stone of 2000 post.
I wish you will receive GC before you cross half of next mile stone in the number of posts!! Take it Easy.. Thank GOD its FRIDay..

saras i agree with you that its a broken system......but which government agency in the world is not broken........particularly a agency which the politicians do not even care.....and its not even on their list of any importance...

but that does not mean things have not improved......I have seen people get their GC in six months.......the system is working fine for them, isnt it??

most of the people except EB3-row, EB2 & EB3 india are doing fine.....if not for the name check they will get their GC in 1-2 years....

i do agree that since its broken its not fair....because the processing times can be 20 days to 300 days........and that stinks....

but i do not see any conspiracy......i do see a "go away we dont care" message....which most of us dont want to read......because we dont want to go away from the best country in the world (including me).

i have got a PR of australia approved.....but i do not want to move out.....till my 485 gets denied.........even though they may take 2-3 years in the name check......why??.....because i still feel this is the best country in the world......and i would like to live here........so i would have to pay some price.....

but my chance of getting a GC is very bright in the next 2-3 years......but what about all those people from india EB3-2003 and EB2-2004 onwards..........dont they know they dont stand a chance.......but do they want to go back and live a dignified life......i have not seen many think in that direction.......they all want to continue extending their visa.....continue cribbing.....and continue hoping for a miracle..........

have people stopped coming on H1....No.......why??.......its still easy to make more and save more over here than india/china.............

so till we stop coming to usa......we will be ignored.....too much supply...

Agreed ..

techy2468 said:
saras i agree with you that its a broken system......but which government agency in the world is not broken........particularly a agency which the politicians do not even care.....and its not even on their list of any importance...

but that does not mean things have not improved......I have seen people get their GC in six months.......the system is working fine for them, isnt it??

most of the people except EB3-row, EB2 & EB3 india are doing fine.....if not for the name check they will get their GC in 1-2 years....

i do agree that since its broken its not fair....because the processing times can be 20 days to 300 days........and that stinks....

but i do not see any conspiracy......i do see a "go away we dont care" message....which most of us dont want to read......because we dont want to go away from the best country in the world (including me).

i have got a PR of australia approved.....but i do not want to move out.....till my 485 gets denied.........even though they may take 2-3 years in the name check......why??.....because i still feel this is the best country in the world......and i would like to live here........so i would have to pay some price.....

but my chance of getting a GC is very bright in the next 2-3 years......but what about all those people from india EB3-2003 and EB2-2004 onwards..........dont they know they dont stand a chance.......but do they want to go back and live a dignified life......i have not seen many think in that direction.......they all want to continue extending their visa.....continue cribbing.....and continue hoping for a miracle..........

have people stopped coming on H1....No.......why??.......its still easy to make more and save more over here than india/china.............

so till we stop coming to usa......we will be ignored.....too much supply...

I agree with what you have said. Again I am not claiming any conspiracy. It is just the way the system works. The system is broken for certain categories but the whole process in general has improved.

It is obvious that the problem is the unlimited supply. Certain categories are equally to blame for the mess they are in. India EB3 and EB2 are shining examples. I am afraid we deserve this sort of retro.

cheers,

saras

broken system = conspiracy

What are you arguing about ?

Broken system will finaly turn into the conspiracy.

It is clear to me that there is a conspiracy regarding EB3, the rest of people who does not believe it, will relaize it later.

> but what about all those people from india EB3-2003 and EB2-> 2004 onwards..........dont they know they dont stand a > chance.......but do they want to go back and live a dignified life......i have not seen many think in that direction.......they all want to continue extending their visa.....continue cribbing.....and > continue hoping for a miracle..........
some are returning ..others are hoping that a bill will be passed.
nothing wrong in hoping for a miracle though I agree cribbing is of no use.
many are worried about going back. you just need to see the statements/policies from Indian govt. I was in mumbai 1 yr back and it is horrible and getting worse day by day.

sfmars said:
What are you arguing about ?

Broken system will finaly turn into the conspiracy.

It is clear to me that there is a conspiracy regarding EB3, the rest of people who does not believe it, will relaize it later.
can you please explain the conspiracy against the greatly talented....world dominating EB3??

in the past india EB3 used to consume around 30-40k visas per year......when the availability is 2800/yr.......there must be atleast 10k people waiting in 2001 itself.....atleast 30k in 2002.....

what do you thing is going to happen to them if there is no overflow from EB2-india.......dont you think they will just have to keep waiting for another 4-5 years......atleast....

mariner555 said:
> but what about all those people from india EB3-2003 and EB2-> 2004 onwards..........dont they know they dont stand a > chance.......but do they want to go back and live a dignified life......i have not seen many think in that direction.......they all want to continue extending their visa.....continue cribbing.....and > continue hoping for a miracle..........
some are returning ..others are hoping that a bill will be passed.
nothing wrong in hoping for a miracle though I agree cribbing is of no use.
many are worried about going back. you just need to see the statements/policies from Indian govt. I was in mumbai 1 yr back and it is horrible and getting worse day by day.
thank you for living in reality......

yes the problem lies with us......we are from a country which is badly broken.....atleast 10 times worse than USA........and thats why we keep flocking to this country even though they make it worse every day at every step...

sorry to say that there is no solution to this mess.......since most of us dont have enough savings we cannot even go back.......($200k is enough to have a better life in india.......not being solely dependent on a job).

but atleast people with EB3-india-2003 onwards need to start thinking to free themselves from this GC bond..........if your employer is not good......get a job in a better place.....and try to restart gc process......i will prefer working with a good consulting company rather than going full time and getting locked in one place....

techy2468 said:
can you please explain the conspiracy against the greatly talented....world dominating EB3??

in the past india EB3 used to consume around 30-40k visas per year......when the availability is 2800/yr.......there must be atleast 10k people waiting in 2001 itself.....atleast 30k in 2002.....

what do you thing is going to happen to them if there is no overflow from EB2-india.......dont you think they will just have to keep waiting for another 4-5 years......atleast....

Eventhough my case is eb2, I would like to say this, there are many talented people in eb3, they could have done in eb3 because their companies policies are as such or because of HR's bargaining tactitics. People in past did not account theirs was eb3 or eb2 because the difference between them was few years max. However, the hardship here could be in grouping these talented people with others from amnesty.

indian_gc_ocean said:
Eventhough my case is eb2, I would like to say this, there are many talented people in eb3, they could have done in eb3 because their companies policies are as such or because of HR's bargaining tactitics. People in past did not account theirs was eb3 or eb2 because the difference between them was few years max. However, the hardship here could be in grouping these talented people with others from amnesty.
thats not conspiracy.......thats just a "dont give a damn" attitude by politicians.......EB3 suffers just by fate of being in the same category are blue collars workers...