Is my Permanent Residnent status safe after the denial of N-400 Application?

people make mistakes but this is a serious scary mistake a very scary mistake.i dont understand how it was repeated as you have mentioned..what would happen if he just didnt tell them he voted? would that be something even worse?
If he didn't tell them, and they found out, he'd be deported for sure. But rather than lying, he should have simply decided not to apply.

my family who has been citizens most of them for decades and most born citizens didnt even vote nor had interest to vote ever untill this 08 elections since it was an exciting race.

my family who has been citizens most of them for decades and most born citizens didnt even vote nor had interest to vote ever untill this 08 elections since it was an exciting race.

Voter apathy is the problem, especially in previous races such as the 2000 and 2004 elections when Bush won. People need to realise that they should always vote. You never know when it'll be close.

Voter apathy is the problem, especially in previous races such as the 2000 and 2004 elections when Bush won. People need to realise that they should always vote. You never know when it'll be close.

Agreed 100%. NYS has a population of over 19 million people, and only about 4.2 million voted in this week's election. I'm sure that there are a lot more eligible voters than that in NYS.

You are on a verge of being deported. Regardless of what kind of letter you have received from USCIS, it's very much possible that USCIS will send you NTA (Notice to Appear) which might take up to 9 months. This will be to remove you from the United States. You having US born children and living here for a long time or anything else won't prevent you from being deported. Why? Because-

Unlawful Voters - INA §237 (a)(6).

Any alien who has voted in violation of any federal, state, or local constitutional provision, statute, ordinance, or regulation is deportable.

Waiver/Exception: An alien may fall within an exception to this rule if the following conditions are met: (1) each natural parent of the alien (or, in the case of an adopted alien, each adoptive parent of the alien) is or was a citizen (whether by birth or naturalization), (2) the alien permanently resided in the United States prior to attaining the age of 16, and (3) the alien reasonably believed at the time of such violation that he or she

There are so many cases exactly like yours, and each of those people were deported. You can read about some of them in the links below and there are some phone numbers to contact those people to follow up. The impact of their situation will be in your sitaution since immigration laws are federal laws. So you might like to keep in touch with these people and their lawyers.

http://digits.newsvine.com/_news/2007/12/26/1187566-deported-to-south-africa-for-voting

http://www.thejesusmyth.com/to-be-deported-for-voting.htm

http://www.datehookup.com/Thread-176006.htm

You can try to appeal the denial of your naturalization application with the help of a very good attorney who might try that your registration to vote and voting in the election was under the misinformation you were provided by registration activist. If you prevail in appeal, you will become a US citizen, but if not then you have nothing to lose because the fear of being removed will stay there until a year...Plus, you can never file citizenship again nor travel outside the US because if you ever do then you would risk yourself to be in a removal proceeding. The choice is up to you- whether to put this matter to rest now by filing appeal or later when you will be placed on a removal proceeding. I strongly believe you will receive NTA, and I don't think you will be criminally prosecuted for voting though.

Good luck...

I recently had a decision letter for Naturaliztion from USCIS. It says I am ineligible for naturaliztion because of lack of good moral character.

I voted twice in the past, not knowingly it is illegal for non-U.S. citizens to vote(I was solicited by a woman who says the permanent resident can register to vote).

At the first interview I told the officer about my voting activity. The dicision was not made at that point.

7 months later, I had the second interview. After I briefly explained about my voting activity and hisory, the officer said, "We can take your green card away, but instead, we are going to prosecute you"

The officer requested me to send a copy of the voting history, the voter registration form, and a proof of cancellation of the voter registration.

I submited all the requested documents. Then few days later I received this decision letter. At the end, the letter says "You may reapply for naturaliztion when your illegal voting activity is no longer within the established statutory period."

Here are 2 questions,

1) Can I assume that they waived the prosecution? (or am I going to receive a follow up letter regarding the deportation or the prosecution?)

2) Is my permanent resident status safe? (I am going to travel overseas for 2 weeks this coming December 2008, and I want to safely come back to the U.S.)

Please, please, please help me!

Any advice will be greatfully appreciated.

Thank you,

I recently had a decision letter for Naturaliztion from USCIS. It says I am ineligible for naturaliztion because of lack of good moral character.

I voted twice in the past, not knowingly it is illegal for non-U.S. citizens to vote(I was solicited by a woman who says the permanent resident can register to vote).

At the first interview I told the officer about my voting activity. The dicision was not made at that point.

7 months later, I had the second interview. After I briefly explained about my voting activity and hisory, the officer said, "We can take your green card away, but instead, we are going to prosecute you"

The officer requested me to send a copy of the voting history, the voter registration form, and a proof of cancellation of the voter registration.

I submited all the requested documents. Then few days later I received this decision letter. At the end, the letter says "You may reapply for naturaliztion when your illegal voting activity is no longer within the established statutory period."

Here are 2 questions,

1) Can I assume that they waived the prosecution? (or am I going to receive a follow up letter regarding the deportation or the prosecution?)

2) Is my permanent resident status safe? (I am going to travel overseas for 2 weeks this coming December 2008, and I want to safely come back to the U.S.)

Please, please, please help me!

Any advice will be greatfully appreciated.

Thank you,
Were you ever able to become a citizen?