• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Is it worth going to usa!!!

hassen

Registered Users (C)
is it worth all this risk for leaving things you made all this years,all the friends you know ,every thing behind and start from the scratch...
i don't know if it's really as we imagine it "The american dream"!!!

is it worth all this risk for leaving things you made all this years,all the friends you know ,every thing behind and start from the scratch...

No one-size-fit-all answer.

It depends on your background and what you want from life.

I, for one, can tell that the proudest achievement of my life was moving to the US, even without having that ever elusive Green Card in hand yet. I just admire people that seek a change for the better, and immigration is one of the biggest changes a person can experience.

The answer to your question is relative to the person asking or the individual attempting to answer. It's like asking someone, is the food spicy?! Spiciness is relative to each individual's palate!

Good question!
That's why you must consider it twice before you make a big move! Because the american dream might turn to a nightmare.
So at the end its your choice and its at your own risk ;)

Everyone will have to decide for themselves... but it is hard, very hard.

I am leaving next week, so we are dismantling our lives, packing things, selling this, giving lots of things away. We are seeing friends and family every spare minute we can find and are having a party to say goodbye to everyone. I have to say, even though we know exactly what we are going to, this is a very hard and emotional process...

For those that have comfortable lives where they are, this isn't an easy decision. For those that are not as priviledged in their own country, I'm sure the allure of a life in the USA is a much simpler choice.

For me who had lived here for more than a decade before I got my GC, the answer is a resounding yes. For others, only they can decide.

For me I will say yes,having lost some certain things in the previous year and was thinking of starting afresh in my country before being selected.The prospect of starting a new life in US is highly welcome so i won't hesitate to take that decision.

As others have said, there is no one size fits all answer to that.

Sometimes we may need to consult with an expert on questions like this, to get some perspective.

I recently consulted with someone and this is what they had to say:

Recording here.

Everyone is different - your own circumstances at home and what you might do in the US differ for everyone. On our recent trip to activate our GC we met a lot of people from home. Without exception they all thought we should make the move. I know a lot of people who moved to the US, some have returned home but most have stayed. These are people who come from a comfortable but insecure (because of violent crime) life but who have all had the means or education to do well in the US. This will not be the case for everyone.

Hello Britsimon,

It's exciting to hear that you are leaving in a week, and I want to wish you all the best in your new life in the US. My case number is current in April, so hopefully I will be granted with the visa.

Hello Britsimon,

It's exciting to hear that you are leaving in a week, and I want to wish you all the best in your new life in the US. My case number is current in April, so hopefully I will be granted with the visa.

Thank you Combgun - you will be current before me, so I have a month or two longer than you to wait.... I am going to US on a temporary work visa - and then I will probably adjust status whilst there.

You have to make that ultimate decision yourself. Your life as you know it will never be the same after you leave. You might make a comfortable life for yourself in US, but it will always be foreign to you and so will the people, even if they come from your part of the world. Why? Because the life here makes people change. You will also mostly lose your children to the American culture. Unless it is really bad where you live now, I say stay where you are and continue to build your life.

Everyone will have to decide for themselves... but it is hard, very hard.

I am leaving next week, so we are dismantling our lives, packing things, selling this, giving lots of things away. We are seeing friends and family every spare minute we can find and are having a party to say goodbye to everyone. I have to say, even though we know exactly what we are going to, this is a very hard and emotional process...

For those that have comfortable lives where they are, this isn't an easy decision. For those that are not as priviledged in their own country, I'm sure the allure of a life in the USA is a much simpler choice.

Good luck to you. Your journey ahead will not be easy. You are a smart guy and I know you will succeed here. Don't forget to be nice to people. :)

Ahh OK - so questioning my parentage but in a nice way! LOL - yeah I am good with that - you sold it to me Susie!

No, no questioning of parentage ;) It's one of those words that has a variety of meanings and is quite hard to translate.
Bliksem in this sense would, I guess, mean someone you don't want to mess with.

No, no questioning of parentage ;) It's one of those words that has a variety of meanings and is quite hard to translate.
Bliksem in this sense would, I guess, mean someone you don't want to mess with.

I'm a pussycat. A 300 pound pussycat, but a pussycat for sure....