• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Is it worth going to usa!!!

No doubt.
I'm 51yo, a nice job (well payd..), home and so on, good relationship, but...
I'm going to leave this europe with no future, no stimulus, no possibility of growth.
No pride to be european now.
By the way, the same thing worths for my 21yo daughter: what kind of future for her ?

EU0028xxx, counting the days...

Last edited by a moderator:
No doubt.
I'm 51yo, a nice job (well payd..), home and so on, good relationship, but...
I'm going to leave this europe with no future, no stimulus, no possibility of growth.
No pride to be european now.
By the way, the same thing worths for my 21yo daughter: what kind of future for her ?

EU0028xxx, counting the days...

You will need to exploit your experience and energy to establish yourself quickly over there. There are opportunities - especially if you are taking savings, because most Americans are in debt, so the system is easy and has opportunity if you are debt free.

Regarding your daughter - have you applied for her too - are you aware of the aging out issues for a 21 year old?

Regarding your daughter - have you applied for her too - are you aware of the aging out issues for a 21 year old?

She was 20yo when we applied on october 2012, (my wife is the winner), and she turned 21yo after may 1st 2013 (on october 7th 2013).
She is safe due the Child status protection act, as I've read.

You will need to exploit your experience and energy to establish yourself quickly over there. There are opportunities - especially if you are taking savings, because most Americans are in debt, so the system is easy and has opportunity if you are debt free.

I'm quite old :), not a boy looking for his first opportunity.
I've saving I will take to the US, I guess I will buy homes to rent to get monthly money or start a business there in the USA.
What I don't want to do, is pay taxes at italian level, it means 62% of my incomes !

She was 20yo when we applied on october 2012, (my wife is the winner), and she turned 21yo after may 1st 2013 (on october 7th 2013).

Excellent - that sounds perfect.

guys , how many working days it take to send kcc the 2NL , ? after the case being current .

Kindly do confirm, because my limited knowledge on the issue re 21 y/o is that the applicant informs the KCC or something to that effect. I will however do some reading on this Child Status Protection Act. It might educate me a little.

Deutmark,

You are already aware of the CSPA and how the rule can help your daughter. Your post was nagging me when I was out and I just came back and calculated some things.

Here is my understanding of the CSPA.

A child who has turned 21 gets an allowance of X days to dedcut from their age at the date of interview. The X days is calculated (for the DV lottery) as the first date of registration (October 2, 2012) to the date of selectee notification - May 1, 2013. That period is 211 days (perhaps 212 depending on how they do the calculation). So - if my calculation is correct, your daughter can be considered 21 up to 21 + 211 days. That is the 6th May (or the 7th if they count it as 212). Since your number will probably be current in May, you NEED to be interviewed in the first 2 or 3 working days of May (3rd and 4th are weekend). Very tight.

I think you should firstly check my logic - I might have miscalculated/misunderstood or whatever. However, if I am right I would contact KCC if I were you and discuss it with them. Try and get them to schedule the interview as early as possible in that month. I would call them now, and then I would call them again the moment they start releasing the numbers for next month (we tend to get an early notification here in the forum). They may give you the line of they can't schedule out of numeric order - that is BS - they can and do (for other reasons). If someone says that, and can't be pushed, try again a couple of days later. Some of the ladies are easier to talk to than others. Sweetness will get you further than anger/frustration, so if you show emotion, use it to get them on your side. Ideally have your wife call as she is the selectee.

Happy to have this calculated by anyone else!!!

ok, now i panic.....
I'll call KCC in a few hours to have instructions, but:

1) in the site INSTRUCTIONS FOR THE 2014 DIVERSITY IMMIGRANT VISA PROGRAM (DV-2014)
http://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/DV_2014_Instructions.pdf

"If your DV entry is made before your unmarried child turns 21, and the child turns 21 before visa issuance, he/she may be protected from aging out by the Child Status Protection Act and be treated as though he/she were under 21 for visa-processing purposes."

2) How can I ask for an earlier interview, if my CN isn't yet current ?
My CN il 28.6xx, I guess we wil be current in april VB, interview on May.

Thaks a lot, Brit!

ok, now i panic.....
I'll call KCC in a few hours to have instructions, but:

1) in the site INSTRUCTIONS FOR THE 2014 DIVERSITY IMMIGRANT VISA PROGRAM (DV-2014)
http://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/DV_2014_Instructions.pdf

"If your DV entry is made before your unmarried child turns 21, and the child turns 21 before visa issuance, he/she may be protected from aging out by the Child Status Protection Act and be treated as though he/she were under 21 for visa-processing purposes."

2) How can I ask for an earlier interview, if my CN isn't yet current ?
My CN il 28.6xx, I guess we wil be current in april VB, interview on May.

Thaks a lot, Brit!

That word "may" is important.

You can't get an interview earlier than May - but what I am saying is that you BEG for an interview before she "ages out" which I think will be on the 6/7 May.

By the way, if you can get that arranged you should gather all the information on the CSPA and have a very clear laid out calculation showing how you arrived at the date. You cannot afford for them to put you on AP while they figure it out - you must get them to decide in your favour right there and then.

That word "may" is important.

You can't get an interview earlier than May - but what I am saying is that you BEG for an interview before she "ages out" which I think will be on the 6/7 May.

By the way, if you can get that arranged you should gather all the information on the CSPA and have a very clear laid out calculation showing how you arrived at the date. You cannot afford for them to put you on AP while they figure it out - you must get them to decide in your favour right there and then.

Simon,
this paragraph

"That period should then be subtracted from the derivative alien’s age on the date the visa became
available to the principal alien."

Talk about the date the visa became available not the date of the interview.

I think it's different

Source : http://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/files/pressrelease/CSPA2_pub.pdf

YOU ARE FINE!

Just reading the instructions on the link below, look at page 12 the writing in RED.

http://www.state.gov/documents/organization/87848.pdf

Basically that is saying the calculation is made the day your number becomes current. Assuming your number vecomes current on May 1st you will be fine, no matter what date in that month you interview!

Apologies for the scare!

Simon,
this paragraph

"That period should then be subtracted from the derivative alien’s age on the date the visa became
available to the principal alien."

Talk about the date the visa became available not the date of the interview.

I think it's different

Source : http://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/files/pressrelease/CSPA2_pub.pdf

LOL - yes - I was just reading the instructions and have posted. He is fine - as long as he goes current in May. Thanks Rafikbo!