Is it possible to get a US passport on the same day as my oath ceremony?

quietmouse

Is it possible to get a US passport on the same day as my oath ceremony? (or maybe the next day?)
If so, how much will it cost and what is the procedure?

Thank you! :)

I applied for a passport yesterday so i will gladly share my experience :)

It cost me $177 for the expedited passport. The lady told me that i will probably receive it in 10 days. I also paid for the return which is going to be via Express Mail. You can go to a post office as soon as you take your Oath. Make sure to check the post offices that are accepting applications in the area you will be taking your Oath and also check for the passport application hours.

You will need 2 passport photos, drivers licence and your Cert. of Naturalization.

Good luck :)

Yes you can

Is it possible to get a US passport on the same day as my oath ceremony? (or maybe the next day?)
If so, how much will it cost and what is the procedure?

Thank you! :)

The answer is YES. Now depending on where you reside. If you live in Houston, Chicago, NY, Miami, DC or some other major states where they have passport offices....as long as you can show them that you need to travel within 24-48 hrs, you can get the passport the very same day as long as you drop off your application first thing in the morning.

Even if you don't live near one of the regional passport offices, it is possible (but expensive) to use the services of a passport agent. Although I've not personally used one, there have been favorable reports here by people who have; generally you fedex the docs to them, and they go to the passport office on your behalf. Turnaround is a couple of days or so.

My cousin got his passport in about 6 hours. He went to Houston TX for his oath ceremony. He was overseas when the oath letter was sent to him. He came back to the US and immediately bought a ticket to go back. He showed that as the proof that he has to go back immediately due to some emergency and got his passport within 6 hours.

My cousin got his passport in about 6 hours. He went to Houston TX for his oath ceremony. He was overseas when the oath letter was sent to him. He came back to the US and immediately bought a ticket to go back. He showed that as the proof that he has to go back immediately due to some emergency and got his passport within 6 hours.

how much do they charge for same-day passports?

Thanks! :)

they need proof to show that you will be traveling in less than 14 days ( ex. airfare ticket, confirmation, itenerary)

Will they(the US Passport Agency) accept a full-fare(fully refundable)
confirmed air ticket from JFK to CDG within 14 days as enough proof?

Is your question serious, or are you just prodding to look for any vulnerability in the passport agency decision making on who to grant a passport with priority? I personally don't have any sympathy for people who just want to jump ahead of the queue just for the sake of it. My take is, if your trip is legitimate and you have a need for a passport quickly then they should give you the passport quick. If you are just trying to make it look like you are in a rush without really being in a rush, I just hope the passport agency catches up on the trick and denies the application ;)

By the way, you keep asking, but you have never said if you would have a legitimate reason for a same day passport, so I am just assuming you are asking for the fun of it, and thus I am replying for the fun of it :)

Is your question serious, or are you just prodding to look for any vulnerability in the passport agency decision making on who to grant a passport with priority? I personally don't have any sympathy for people who just want to jump ahead of the queue just for the sake of it. My take is, if your trip is legitimate and you have a need for a passport quickly then they should give you the passport quick. If you are just trying to make it look like you are in a rush without really being in a rush, I just hope the passport agency catches up on the trick and denies the application ;)

By the way, you keep asking, but you have never said if you would have a legitimate reason for a same day passport, so I am just assuming you are asking for the fun of it, and thus I am replying for the fun of it :)

haha..if he wants it quicker and is willing to pay more for it..why not

Yep, I am ok with paying for it, if there is a legitimate way to pay to speed up the processing. I would not be ok with lying to jump ahead of the queue. Anyway, this is all hypothetical talk. The point is that if there is a legitimate reason to obtain a passport the same day of the oath ceremony, then it could be done.

I can't add more

Well said Huracan.

Wait a min....

Will they(the US Passport Agency) accept a full-fare(fully refundable)
confirmed air ticket from JFK to CDG within 14 days as enough proof?

quietmouse,

In reality, you are not actually a quietmouse, are you? Now you're talking. You are starting to disappoint me now. I hope you took Huracan's reponse seriously coz if you think about it, he made a valid point.

Good luck.

It could possibly be the fact that quietmouse doesn't feel comfortable with leaving the fate of his naturalization certificate in the hands of the USPS. Personally, I wouldn't be too thrilled with sending away my naturalization certificate god knows where and hoping that it comes back. I've had my share of experiences with the USPS to doubt their performance.

quietmouse,

In reality, you are not actually a quietmouse, are you? Now you're talking. You are starting to disappoint me now. I hope you took Huracan's reponse seriously coz if you think about it, he made a valid point.

Good luck.

Its my brother's wedding in pakistan on march 15th and my oath date is of march 13th. will they accept that as a valid reason for giving me the passport within 24 hrs?

Yes if you have a ticket and can get to the passport office,or engage an agent.

But not just because it is your brothers wedding :)