Is it possible to get a US passport on the same day as my oath ceremony?

Ahan..so what else can i tell them..any suggestions? do they ask for a proof other than the ticket?

My cousin got his passport in about 6 hours. He went to Houston TX for his oath ceremony. He was overseas when the oath letter was sent to him. He came back to the US and immediately bought a ticket to go back. He showed that as the proof that he has to go back immediately due to some emergency and got his passport within 6 hours.

I am curious to know if you cousin applied for US citizenship while he was overseas. I am kinda in a similar situation. I live and work in Australia and will be submitting my application for citizenship in August without moving to the US first. So basically, I plan to make 3 separate trips for FP, interview and oath. this is because I can't leave my wife and two kids alone for a long time. Thanks to the green card curse, my family cannot travel with me or even dare to apply for a tourist visa :D.

Thanks.

Those are gonna be three long trips... FPs are pretty quick nowadays so better be prepared. :)

I am planning to have a friend mail my N400 package to USCIS then fly to the US for my FP then return to Australia. I will fly again for the interview. I am anticipating at least 3 months from FP to interview date. I should probably stick around for oath ceremony since that gets usually scheduled a few weeks after the interview. Of course, all this falls under the assumption that nothing will go wrong :D. I am hoping I won't piss off the IO but I think I should be ok since I have a valid reason for living overseas. fingers crossed.

What reason is that?

I am working on a project for a US based company. I have worked for this company for 10 years now. they relocated me to Sydney Australia in late 2007. My assignment is for 3 years but I expect to be done much earlier (1Q of 2010). I have obtained an approved N-470 and a re-entry permit.

If you go to a passport agency by making an appointment, do u get the passport on the same day?

Thanks for your reply.

In most cases yes, if you get there early enough they will prepare passport for you the same day after you show them proof of imminent travel plans.