Is it possible to apply for 1st passport after naturalization at US embassy overseas?

Airlines at check-in time are only concerned about the passenger's ability to enter the country of destination. Even if they question the OP about lack of I-94/GC, the OP simply has to state the fact that he/she is a US citizen. When I check in for a flight to Toronto at O'Hare, I present my Canadian passport. I have never been asked about my lack of I-94 or GC.

Since you'll surrender the greencard at the time of your oath I dont see how you can board the flight.

What if you entered the US illegally and are leaving at your own will. In such case you would not have I-94 and I am sure they allow them to board.

The passport/visa check is for destination country as mentioned above.

The Airline not allowing you to goto St. Lucia but allowing you into the Bahamas how is that exit control? Isnt' that entry control by St. Lucia?

On a side note, I recently came back from a cruise from Bermuda and US customs in NYC asked to see my passport (to stamp it) eventhough it's not yet required per state department.