Iowa SESA Tracker

Hi Rajeev - if it was applied on Oct 22 - then it was very fast.

That's great news ! It's approx 2 weeks only..

sra123 - can you let me know when your application was sent and when you got the SESA approval ?

gcneednow,

Here are the details. Also updated the tracker.

Category: RIR
SESA filing date: 10/10/2003
SESA decision: 11/12/2003
CDOL Filing date: 11/20/2003

-sra123

hi sra123 ,

thanks for the reply.

your SESA took approx 4 weeks .- Was it RIR ?

Do you know what month they are processing currently ?

How long does DOL take ? Good luck for your DOL .

gcneednow...... thats the reason whay we have an Excel spread sheet that tells you if the case was RIR or not ... are you here evaluating how many weeks does it take for each person ... ??

this is where u can find out what month they are processing

http://workforcesecurity.doleta.gov/foreign/times.asp

No one can tell you how much time DOL is gonna take its just an estimate number based on the the Processing time that you see on the DOL website.......Besides its all relative to the individual case....... some can take forever and some no time at all ............

Originally posted by gcneednow
hi sra123 ,

thanks for the reply.

Do you know what month they are processing currently ?

How long does DOL take ? Good luck for your DOL .

Hi Darth_Vader,

You seem to be a little upset- and I don't understand why ?

This portal is free for anyone and everyone to communiucate and clarify their queries on this complicated process called the "Green card application"

I am not sure why you sound so offended if I asked a casual question to sra123 ?

I was particualt intersted in his case and rajeev's only bcos they are more recent .

Originally posted by Darth_Vader
gcneednow...... thats the reason whay we have an Excel spread sheet that tells you if the case was RIR or not ... are you here evaluating how many weeks does it take for each person ... ??

this is where u can find out what month they are processing

http://workforcesecurity.doleta.gov/foreign/times.asp

No one can tell you how much time DOL is gonna take its just an estimate number based on the the Processing time that you see on the DOL website.......Besides its all relative to the individual case....... some can take forever and some no time at all ............

gcneednow im very much aware of the fact that this is a free portal and one can use it to clear the doubts .. but if one keeps comming back with the same doubt to multiple ppl it just a waste of time for the guys who keep replying to your queries casue how i look at it ..... its neva gonna stop

there was a specific post for you to find out as to where to look at as to which month is being processed by the DOL and you keep asking the same question again now .. what do u have to say for that ?? and if you would have read the post earliar it you would know abt the fact that the DOL site says its processing Sept 2003 and we have Neo420 who had his case files in Nov that got approved and moved to DOL .... I guess there is a post by udaippan regarding that confusion ....

besides if you have been posting around 10+ posts up here on this portal you sure would have gone through the entire thread and would have got answers to a lot of your queries regarding processing times

and trust me we dont need an Einstine to figure out how many weeks did it take for a particular case to get through SESA ... we have an excel sheet for that ..... so take time to read that too that will tell you if the case was RIR or not

sra123 clearly states in the Post that is addressed to you

gcneednow,

-sra123

and then you come back with the query ....

man what do you say to that ... doing all the math that you are doing take some time to read the Posts too ....... and dont waste the time of the guys up here who are here trying to answer the genuine queries ..... we all have been answering your queries but seems like you dont wanna take the effort to read the posts and ask your questions ...... I have answered your queries earliar tooo and addressed your confusion abt mismatch dates on the sheets ......

My employer told me Attorney has sent the Labor petition to IOWA on Jan 6th, 2004.
When I asked for an Receipt or Case Number, he told me that When my case goes to DOL Chicago only, gets a case number. IS IT TRUE?????????????

yes pk_karim that's very true .. one does not get a receipt when its filed at the State .(SESA ).. only when its approed and it moves to the Regional Office (DOL) ie Chicago for IOWA that you would get the receipt.

Can you tell us some information so we can add you on the Iowa tracker

Case type : RIR / Non-RIR

Thanks

:)

Thanks for your reply.

Case Type: RIR
EB2/EB3 (don't know) (experience 7 yrs)
Sent: 01/06/04
Received: 01/07/04

Updated Tracker with pk_karim info.

EB2/EB3 doesnt matter at this stage.

Originally posted by pk_karim
Thanks for your reply.

Case Type: RIR
EB2/EB3 (don't know) (experience 7 yrs)
Sent: 01/06/04
Received: 01/07/04

Take it easy Man !! :)

No one who the question were addressd to seeme to mind ???
Since when do we need to ask you for permission ?

I would understand if sra1234 would have jumped up and down or rajeev ..none of then have said a word !! I don't believe this question was asked to you so please - chill - ok ???

BTW - rajeev's details were different from the ones in the EXcel sheet - what do you say to that ? ONLY after I specifically asked him about it - he gave us the info right ?

BTW - I missed out on the RIR info that sra123 had given so it's my mistake - but to err is human...

Originally posted by Darth_Vader
gcneednow im very much aware of the fact that this is a free portal and one can use it to clear the doubts .. but if one keeps comming back with the same doubt to multiple ppl it just a waste of time for the guys who keep replying to your queries casue how i look at it ..... its neva gonna stop

there was a specific post for you to find out as to where to look at as to which month is being processed by the DOL and you keep asking the same question again now .. what do u have to say for that ?? and if you would have read the post earliar it you would know abt the fact that the DOL site says its processing Sept 2003 and we have Neo420 who had his case files in Nov that got approved and moved to DOL .... I guess there is a post by udaippan regarding that confusion ....

besides if you have been posting around 10+ posts up here on this portal you sure would have gone through the entire thread and would have got answers to a lot of your queries regarding processing times

and trust me we dont need an Einstine to figure out how many weeks did it take for a particular case to get through SESA ... we have an excel sheet for that ..... so take time to read that too that will tell you if the case was RIR or not

sra123 clearly states in the Post that is addressed to you

gcneednow,

-sra123

and then you come back with the query ....

man what do you say to that ... doing all the math that you are doing take some time to read the Posts too ....... and dont waste the time of the guys up here who are here trying to answer the genuine queries ..... we all have been answering your queries but seems like you dont wanna take the effort to read the posts and ask your questions ...... I have answered your queries earliar tooo and addressed your confusion abt mismatch dates on the sheets ......
:)

gcneednow i guess u dont seem to see the point .... dont waste our time with your dumb a$$ queries... Einstine!!

as for the contradicting info on Rajeev724 ....again if u would have read the posts you would see two quotes from him which are contradicting so the Excel sheet is not to be blamed... but you wouldnt take the time to read it .......oh yeah too darn busy with ur calculator .......

dude u got to get back to the good side casue if u didnt notice this is Darth Vader....

Anyways ...... I guess ppl here havee had enough of us gcneednow ... so Id say lets call it truce ..

and ppl welcome to the dark side of the DOL ..... ;)

May the force be with all of us to see through our Labor Pains hehehe

anyways i guess we started off on the wrong note ... hi gcneednow this is Darth_Vader and we on the same side fighting the DOL .....

regards

Darth_Vader
From the Dark Side

Darth_Vader,
You are absolutely right - lets call a truce and lets use this portal for sharing information rather than sharing our arguements :)

We all are in the same struggle so lets work together than against each other :)

Thank you Darth-Vader all the people reading this portal for bearing with me :)

Re: Status checking for Iowa

I am not sure if an individual can get the LC Status from the SESA and i have read it on a lot of immigration sites that its better not to call them for your State Approval besides they wont communicate with you it has to be either your Attorney or ur Employer ....

Originally posted by devnc
Hi there,

I have been following this thread on and off since a long time. I have seen the DOL phone # and email to get LC status.

Can someone please let me know the Iowa (SESA) phone # for getting LC status, or any other way of finding LC status from Iowa (SESA).

Thanks in advance!
Devnc

heheh truce is good i guess ppl just ignored us here :D or did they .....
so how are things on ur side i mean did u finally file for your LC at IOWA ??

Originally posted by gcneednow
Darth_Vader,
You are absolutely right - lets call a truce and lets use this portal for sharing information rather than sharing our arguements :)

We all are in the same struggle so lets work together than against each other :)

Thank you Darth-Vader all the people reading this portal for bearing with me :)

Hi devnc,

To look at the broad picture the I-797 has got nothing to do with your Green Card application......

Though it would take like 8 -12 months to get your duplicate its a good move to atleast apply for it ... one never knows what regulations these guys (BCIS) can come up with.....

At least you would have supporting documents that would back you on the fact that your I-797 was lost and that you have applied for a duplicate.

Id say it is more of a defensive move but well worth it.!! :)

PS : gcneednow dude what u waiting for just let it roll ..... The sooner the better ...

Darth,
If I had my way, I would have applied for it a long time back.

But it all depends on employers, lawyers etc etc.

My employer ran an ad for 2 months and we were all set to send my application to INS - but the lawyer felt it would be a better idea to run the ad for 1 more month bcos of the increasing number of queries / RFE's from Chicago.

Its better to be safe than sorry - so I took the lawyers advice.
Employer ran the ad for 30 days more and I am waiting :).

anyone lives in IOWA

Hi
Anyone who lives in Cedar Rapids, or anywhere in IOWA?
I need to speak to someone in IOWA. I need some help.
Its nothing big and does not take any of your time but I
would like to discuss with you on email. Some who can
a few min can contact me at manish_55@hotmail.com.

Only if you want to help and do not expect returns in return
please contact me. I am not goign to ask for anything just
a few min of your time by email.

I would appreciate a response.

Thanks