Iowa SESA Tracker

IOWA SESA

Congrats Sbp999!
Udai - I haven't been able to get any info from my attorney.
I am still waiting for the news.

-sra123

Any more approvals?

Sra123,

Any news from your attorney? I guess the delay is because of the TG holidays.

Thanks,
Udai

LC FILED FIANALLY !!!

Finally My LC has been filed to the IOWA SESA just got the mail from the attorney...

Some how seems like ppl dont get to this tracker no more ..maybe casue of the holidays :confused:

Here is the updated tracker with this information

re:

Iowa Guys .
I would be interested in filing my Labor from Iowa. Would you be willing to let me know if any of your companies is hiring etc or is there any other way .Pls send me a Private message. If you find this post inappropriate for the forum,pls ignore and Sorry .
Thx

Re: Any more approvals?

Udai,
I am on a long vacation and I haven't had access to net.
I still do not know my case status. I'll be back in US in early Jan.
Hopefully, I should have the good news when I return.

sra123

Originally posted by udaippan
Sra123,

Any news from your attorney? I guess the delay is because of the TG holidays.

Thanks,
Udai

EB2 / EB3 question

I have Masters degree and 7 years of work experience in computers. My company wants to file my case in EB3 RIR bcos it appears faster. ( Iowa SESA ) Is it okay? Is there any problem or will there be any delay in the long run in other phases of GC?

I appreciate your help.

Thanks,
Udai

Udai:
I have also Masters degree and 10 years of work experience in computers. My lawyer suggested to file my case in EB3 RIR, also he told me that EB3 is safer than EB2. Nowadays EB2 and EB3 are processed almost at same level. Go ahead file your case under EB3.

application moved from state to fedral

Hi guys,

I got an email from attorney saying that my case moved from state to fedral. They got the letter today but it was dated December 3,2003.

So I was wondering what would be the exact date.

Also, how do I go about now ... I mean tracking the fedral part.

Thanx again ... and happy holidays.

Congrats Neo420..... thats some good news ... I have updated the Tracker with your information assuming that ur SESA cleared on the 3rd of Dec and put in the next monday i.e. 8th of Dec as ur DOL filing date.

whats ahppening with the others havent heard anyting form any one of our buddies rajkumar_av, rajeev724, val_lc_laborious, sra123, csrini1 ... as we all know Sra123 is gonna get back around Jan but what about the others have you guys heard anything from your lawyers ?????

Well anyways happy holidays to all ... :) May this new year bring the LC .... ;)

Neo as for tracking the DOL I assume there is a number where you can call and enter ur employers telephone# and it tells u if they have actually received ur case or not ...

Chicago DOL for Status Check : 312-353-1059

or you can send a mail at lcstatus05@doleta.gov and follow the following procedure .... this is from one of the immigration web sites.

For e-mail checking, the status can be checked using one of three numbers:

(1) Employer Tel #. In the body of the message, please type Employer Phone (XXX)XXX-XXXX (employer phone number) and send;

OR

(2) Employer Tax ID#. In the body of the message, please type Tax ID XX-XXXXXX (employer tax id number) and send;

OR

(3) LC Case #. In the body of the message, please type Case XXXXX (your case number) and send. Only one case at a time will be accepted.

for more info visit : http://www.immigration-law.com/

But please don not keep firing mails on a daily basis ......

Last edited by a moderator:
fyi...
mailing date to IOWA 22nd OCT
Forwarded to DOL 6th NOV.

One of my co-worker having mailing date as 16th Sep is still waiting to hear anything from IOWA.

Thanks

Udai & Darth_Vader,
I just got a mail from my employer saying SESA has been cleared and my case has been forwarded to Chicago DOL. I do not have any other details.

I am not sure if SESA or DOL would send a letter with the details. If they do, who would be receiving it? me or employer or attorney?
And if all goes well, can I expect the approval in 2 or 3 months?

-sra123

Please let me know approximately how many months does SESA from IOWA and DOL from Chicago take ?

How long does it take to get LC from IOWA (SESA + DOL ) if I apply under EB2 / RIR category ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi gcneednow

well if you look at the pattern it seems like it could take anywhere between a month - 2 months for your SESA approval and around 3 - 4 months for the DOL based on the Fact that yours would be an RIR Case.. but these are just estimates ..... one can never be too darn sure when it comes to the DOL. EB2 .. EB3 is just irrelevant at this point.

Anyways you can look at the IOWA.xsl sheet for what the users of this thread went through.. as well as the DOL site for more information
http://workforcesecurity.doleta.gov/foreign/times.asp

Updated rajeev724 and sra123 on the Tracker.

Hi Darth_vader,

Thanks for the response.

rajeev724 seems to have got his SESA cleared very fast...2 weeks actually. ( Oct 22 - Nov 6)

Hi rajeev724,
Congratulations on your SESA approval.

Hopefully the new year will bring good news for the rest.

What is your application date - the spreadsheet says 9/22 - but you have mentioned Oct 22. Can you please clarify ?

thanks,

Hi gcneednow

There was a post from rajeev724 on 30th Oct 2003 ... which said the following

Originally posted by rajeev724
Its not current, my LC is pending since 16Sep and I know few LC pending since last week of Aug.

Thanks
Rajeev

and then we have another one which says the following on the 25th Dec 2003

Originally posted by rajeev724
fyi...
mailing date to IOWA 22nd OCT
Forwarded to DOL 6th NOV.

One of my co-worker having mailing date as 16th Sep is still waiting to hear anything from IOWA.

Thanks

So the only person who can solve this mystery is rajeev724....

Two application from my company :-
My co-worker dated 16th Sep -> Still waiting
Mine 22nd Oct - Forwared to DOL

Hope now everything is clear.

Thanks
Rajeev