Interview : Transferred to HARTFORD, Connecticut

Got My Gc

Just want to update that my GC is approved.

I went for the interview yesterday. The place is pretty cool and no hassles at all. I went there, droped my interview letter at the entrance, waited for an hour and was then called by an officer called Larcanser. He is really good & cool guy.

He asked us to take the outh to tell the truth blah blah .. Asked the regular questions that if I was involved in any criminal activities., supported any terrorist org., etc etc., Asked my W2, employment letter, paystubs. He peeked into my latest paystub, but did not even bother to look at the other documents, he just put them in his file, did some thing on his computer to do a name check, FBI verifications etc. and took our EAD, I-94 and stamped the approval in our passorts congratulated us. We were all done in 10 mins.

It seems that this officer is there temporarily from Chicago to clear the files at this center. Thank God, I finally got my GC after getting stuck for 3 years in 485 stage.

Hi JST, I have a few questions. When did your application transferred to hartford office and when did you get the interview letter?
Thanks.

hi guys

went for interview this morning. It went well I got stampped. Officer was pretty cool. Was called in at 8.00am. Officer was from Chicago he just swear us in and asked questions about being arrested, ever suporting terrorist, wellfare etc. He bearly glanced on w2's he just asked for my employment letter and that was it. He took our finger prints and stampped our passports and that was it. He told us that the numbers were going down so if one was not approved by July 1st they'll have to wait until next fiscal year.

Janannwill said:
hi guys

went for interview this morning. It went well I got stampped. Officer was pretty cool. Was called in at 8.00am. Officer was from Chicago he just swear us in and asked questions about being arrested, ever suporting terrorist, wellfare etc. He bearly glanced on w2's he just asked for my employment letter and that was it. He took our finger prints and stampped our passports and that was it. He told us that the numbers were going down so if one was not approved by July 1st they'll have to wait until next fiscal year.
Great! Let me be the first to congratulate you! Go out and celebrate!
I hope ours will be just as easy.

Congratulations! I remember that you did not go home for long time, so plan and go home with a relaxed mind.

I think you can take an infopass appointment and go and visit Hartford office and ask them if your file has been reviewed yet.

I think I should go sometime soon.

Thank you all . I will make plans to go home as soon as possible. I'll continue to pray for all of you so you'll get your approvals soon. God bless you all.

Thank you all for sharing interview information!
I been reading the posting for last two years but never posted any messages.
But I feel that it’s my duty to inform you about my interview.

My interview went very well similar to Janannwill. We also had DAO #1 nice Chinese Man. He was very nice to us; He has looked through our passports and asked us about travel out of USA.

Some of the most important things you should consider for interview are
1. Checking vaccine records. (If required redo medical –that’s what we did)
2. Look through passport and memories the dates you traveled out of USA.
3 Birth certificates
4 Tax returns, Paystubs and W2s
5 Employment Letter

Interview took about 20 mins and then we waited 1 hour to get passport stamped.

Good luck to all of you

pibo said:
I think you can take an infopass appointment and go and visit Hartford office and ask them if your file has been reviewed yet.

I think I should go sometime soon.

Yes, I have an appoinment for 8th to find out what happend to my case. I talk to the lawyer she keep on telling that it is country based and for the people from India it may take some time :confused:

Sorry guys my comp has been sick so I have been unable to get on, seems like I missed alot.

1st of all congratulations Janan now you can go home and visit your family. :) and also to Harict who is a new member well done
Well finally I got the confirmation I too is on the Approval list it hasn't quite sunk in yet but I was starting to panic with the no #'s being availableas of July 1st.

I will keep all my fingers crossed for you all as I know it has been a long and painful journey and the frustration of a longer wait must be daunting to hear for the rest of you but I know there will be a light at the end of your tunnel.

TD 06/15/2004 (485 RD 08/xx/2003) Approved 01/26/2005 - edvttores
TD 06/18/2004 (485 RD 10/07/2002) Approved 03/02/2005 - Mike Metal
TD 06/21/2004 (485 RD xx/xx/2002) Approved 12/22/2004 - GPT_AMIT
TD 08/26/2004 (485 RD 06/xx/02) Approved 6/28/05 Imawaiting
TD 08/18/2004 (485 RD 11/29/02) Approved 6/27/05 jannanwill
TD ??/??/???? (485 RD ??/??/??) Approved 6/27/05 Harict

TD 08/xx/2004 (485 RD 09/xx/2002) - SMT
TD 08/12/2004 (485 RD 07/xx/2002, Third FP 11/2004) - GSSr
TD 10/xx/2004 (485 RD 06/xx/2004) - greenie05
TD 11/23/2004 (485 RD 04/07/2003) - pibo
TD 11/23/2004 (485 RD 04/07/2003) - Anindya
TD 11/16/2004 (485 ND 07/03/2004 EB3) - FH_MIET
TD 12/XX/2004 (485 RD 10/XX/2002 EB1) Approved 06/XX/2005 -gotitgc
TD 12/27/2004 (485 RD 10/20/2003 - Transfer CSC) - akmount
TD 04/xx/2005 (485 RD 10/**/2002) - tc 20

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats Imawaiting. You can identify with the way I feel right now. I'm just hoping and praying for everyone here on this forum because I really feel like we are all related. Best of everything to everyone. I'll check in every now and then to see how you are all doing. God bless.

My
RD 01/06/03
TD 07/23/04

Janannwill/Imawaiting/friends
can we travel to India on stamped passport or we have to wait for actual card as i have not gone to india for last 11 years.

You can travel with your stamp I have read many that have done it.

but I am pretty sure your GC will be on your doorstep within the next 3 weeks

Congrats imawaiting. I am really happy for you. I hope we also get the interview letter soon.