Interview : Transferred to HARTFORD, Connecticut

Although I was never asked for employer's tax returns, but I know others who have been asked to present their employer's annual report. The day of my interview I also overheard a couple of lawyers complain about one particular DAO who always asks for employer's annual report. So I guess even if you work for a division or a smaller business unit, it might be helpful to take the annual report of your parent company, especially if it's mentioned on your interview letter. FYI, my letter didn't mention any employer's tax returns but I took my company's annual report with me to be on the safe side. It varies from individual to individual and a lot depends on the officer that you have been assigned. Best of luck !

Thanks a lot guys. I'm really gonna try hard to get it just in case I need it. The parent company is a little hard to deal with so please pray with me that I'll be able to get it some how. and on the other hand hoping I won't need it.

I don't have a copy of the receipts or copy of medical reports. I may have trouble later.

You won't have a problem unless oyu went to Stamford CT..

A thought to focus on has anyone read about the unavailability of Visa #s for EB3 catagory

there is no #'s left if you are not approved by June 30th they are not processing until the new fiscal year starting Oct 05

this is a huge problem for EB3's

i am in a similar situation, but have conformined from the lawyer twice, if that is the case, he says that is not the case for the people waiting for the interview, they would still go ahead and process the case,, similar thing is baing said by the immg office at newark where someone posted an experince of infopass oppintment.
i hope he is right.

Interview Log Updated

SMT/GSSR : Hope you get the letter soon.

All,
Modified the log with recent updates -- Please correct and keep this up to date:
--------- HARTFORD CASE TRANSFER LOG -----------

TD 06/15/2004 (485 RD 08/xx/2003) Approved 01/26/2005 - edvttores
TD 06/18/2004 (485 RD 10/07/2002) Approved 03/02/2005 - Mike Metal
TD 06/21/2004 (485 RD xx/xx/2002) Approved 12/22/2004 - GPT_AMIT

TD 08/26/2004 (485 RD 06/xx/2002) (Interview 06/??/2005) - imwaiting

TD 08/xx/2004 (485 RD 09/xx/2002) - SMT
TD 08/12/2004 (485 RD 07/xx/2002, Third FP 11/2004) - GSSr

TD 08/18/2004 (485 RD 11/29/2002) - (Interview 06/27/2005) janannwill

TD 10/xx/2004 (485 RD 06/xx/2004) - greenie05
TD 11/23/2004 (485 RD 04/07/2003) - pibo
TD 11/23/2004 (485 RD 04/07/2003) - Anindya
TD 11/16/2004 (485 ND 07/03/2004 EB3) - FH_MIET

TD 12/XX/2004 (485 RD 10/XX/2002 EB1) Approved 06/XX/2005 -gotitgc

TD 12/27/2004 (485 RD 10/20/2003 - Transfer CSC) - akmount
TD 04/xx/2005 (485 RD 10/**/2002) - tc 20

Hi all:

My attorney scheduled an appointment with me today to go over all the stips and docs. She made a call to Hartford and told me that they definately need my employers tax returns or transcript. I basically had everything except for the transcript so I'm in the process now of getting that. Just wanted you all to know that if it is on your letter it may be needed so try to get it. God Bless.

Janannwill said:
Hi all:

My attorney scheduled an appointment with me today to go over all the stips and docs. She made a call to Hartford and told me that they definately need my employers tax returns or transcript. I basically had everything except for the transcript so I'm in the process now of getting that. Just wanted you all to know that if it is on your letter it may be needed so try to get it. God Bless.
Wow, you guys can call your DO and talk to someone? I'm in Phoenix and the only way is through Infopass. My state is a little like yours. Our interview is at the end of this month and I'm EB3. Are you EB3 or EB2? If you're EB3, I'd love to know if Hartford DO is saying that they will have visas ready for your interview date.

I'm EB3. I'll ask my attorney about the visa numbers. She didn't mention anything about visa numbers today at our meeting.

Hi Janannwill,
Maybe I'm just completely paranoid but I'm so fearful of missing out right now. As you probably know, the EB3 category is going "unavailable" as of July 1. My worry is that there's a distinct possibility that they may run out even before July 1st. Who knows what will happen October 1 as to whether there will be visas then or how much retrogression will occur. To that end, I even requested to move my interview date to this week but haven't got a confirmation about this yet. Someone on another forum asked an imm officer about interviewees and their visa allocation and that officer said that there's allocation reserved for interviews at their office. Of course, that's only one officer who may just be making things up as he goes.

Let's hope for the best. I know it's just so hard to sit and watch all these changes and setbacks take place, but what can we do? It is just sooooooo frustrating. Let's keep trusting and praying that this will not be the case and let's pray for everyone on this forum that we all will get the approval soon.

Thanks for the positive thoughts. I also wish you the best in getting your approval.

Over the last year I have found that although it may be easier and less stressful to passively let things be as they may, more often than not it's better to be proactive and try all avenues to help things progress. If I didn't do this I would have:
1) probably got my I-140 denied if I didn't push my attorney and my former employer to provide the information needed for a good RFE response
2) been unemployed waiting for my EAD to get approved if I didn't try to get an interim EAD before 90 days
(3) stuck in retrogression mud if I don't ask to move my interview date up and end up missing out on the remaining EB3 visas available

Janannwill said:
your right. Try all you can and hope for the best.
Just an FYI, my attorney contacted an immigration officer and they are also in the opinion that we should have visas reserved for us since our appointment is before July 1st. I hope for both you and I this is the case.

Immigrant visa numbers will be unavailable for the EB3 and Other Worker categories

Here's some useful information that a friend of mine got from his lawyer:

For green card applications based on employment, final approval is governed by the total number of visas available each fiscal year for the applicant’s employment preference category. The Employment-Based Third Preference (EB3) category is for skilled workers whose jobs require a bachelor’s degree or two or more years of experience. The Other Worker category is for unskilled workers whose jobs require less than two years of experience.

U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) has been processing green card applications at a faster pace as it attempts to reduce its backlog, which has depleted the supply of employment-based visa numbers. As a result, the EB3 and Other Worker categories have reached their annual limits and will be unavailable from July 1 through September 30, 2005.

This visa unavailability affects applicants who have an approved labor certification in the EB3 or Other Worker category and have not yet filed an Application to Adjust Status (Form I-485). These applicants should try to file an adjustment application by June 30, 2005, especially if they will need an Employment Authorization Document (EAD) before December 31, 2005. Otherwise they will need to wait until October 1, 2005 to file the adjustment application, and wait two to three months longer to receive an EAD. Applicants who are unable to file adjustment applications by June 30 should plan to file as soon as possible after October 1 because this unavailability could resurface in 2006. EB3 and Other Worker applicants generally must have an approved labor certification from the U.S. Department of Labor before they are eligible to file an adjustment application with USCIS.

This problem also affects EB3 and Other Worker applicants who have already filed an adjustment application, or who are seeking an immigrant visa at a U.S. consulate abroad. USCIS and the Department of State will suspend processing of these applications while visa numbers are unavailable. The problem does not affect family-based green card applications, and does not affect employment-based categories other than EB3 and Other Worker.

Last edited by a moderator:
This visa unavailability affects applicants who have an approved labor certification in the EB3 or Other Worker category and have not yet filed an Application to Adjust Status (Form I-485).

This problem also affects EB3 and Other Worker applicants who have already filed an adjustment application, or who are seeking an immigrant visa at a U.S. consulate abroad.

Hi... so basically you're saying it will affect all the EB3 applicants? In other words, do we have to wait until October, at the earliest, for having the approval process to resume for the new round?

Greenie05

Last edited by a moderator:
EAD pick-up at Hartford INS

Hi all, today we received letters to come to pick up our new EADs at Hartford INS. Anyone with this experience? The letter says appointment for EAD "pick-up" so I guess this isn't an interview with Q&A's. Any comment is welcome.

Greenie05