Interview : Transferred to HARTFORD, Connecticut

Hello Janannwill,

I had tried this three times, but I did not get any reply. Only once in late October, they had sent an acknowledgement that they were going to do something. But nothing happened.

But then, as I have said earlier there is no logic, that works. So trying everything is good. Good Luck.

Mike

Last edited by a moderator:
Advance Parole

Our case was transferred to Hartford on 8/23/04. We need to renew our advance parole now. Can anybody tell me where can I apply for that now? Did anybody applied in Hartford INS office?

Thanks
smt

smt, if you can wait until wednesday, I can answer as I am going to hartford INS on wednesday. I have the same question too! does anybody else want to know anything from INS?

pibo

Certainly pibo. Can you verify if we can efile renewal of EAD(employment based) on line directly to Hartford. Better yet, where do we send this renewal of EAD(employment based applications). Some people say it should be sent to Chicago. Others say Vermont. Just really need to know where, as mine will expire in May and I need to renew now as it could take several months.

Thanks pibo. I will wait for ur posting. When u goes to Hartford don't forget to ask them when did they receive ur file. And it assigned to somebody and all. We went Hartford on 12/22 and they told us they received our file on 10/7/04. And it is not assigned to anybody our case was transferred on 8/23/04

Good luck and hope you bring some good news for al of us

Regards
smt

Jannanwill, I can answer your question now as I asked them the same question last time ans filed my EAD to Chicago. I asked them if I can file it to hartford and they said to file ot to chicago. Also, we need to do biomatrices after we file it. so I filed in december 2nd week and got a date for biomatrices for 5th feb. So it takes more than 3.5 months to get EAD for us. So you better not wait for EAD and file it to chicago as soon as possible.
if u need the address let me know.
pibo

Here is the chicago address

US Citizenship and Immigration Services
P.O. Box 805887
Chicago, IL 60680-4120

RE: Your thoughts/feedbacks will be appreciated

Dear friends, we had our 140 approved on 10/14/2004, which is also the date when our 485 was transferred to Hartford. We haven't received our FP notice yet, should we worry about this?

And, currently my wife is the primary applicant for our case and her current visa status is H4. That is, I'm an H1B-visa holder and my wife happended to find an employer willing to sponsor (not financially though :( ) her for GC. My H1B will expire in 2 years and we have been issued EADs for both. My question is what happens if my visa expires in 2 years. Are we still legally eligible to work if we switch our status to EAD? I'm confused becaused my wife's current visa status depends on mine, which, again, expires in 2 years. Your timely response will be appreciated.

Greenie05

Last edited by a moderator:
smt, I went to hartford on wednesday and they told me to file the advance parole atleast 4 months before your recent one expires. Now it is taking 4 months in chicago. Also, send it to chicago office.

so here is what I learnt from hartford. May be mike metal and other people who already got their approval or interview notices can help me straighten this. MY case was transfered from VSC 11/23/04. When I went to hartford in december they told me that my case came to hartford on 11/30/04. Then I went to hartford after 2.5 months on wednesday. The officer told me that my case just arrived!!!!! I asked what do they mean by just arrived????? he said that my case is just scanned!!!! what is that????

then he explained the whole thing......the cases come in boxes and then they open the box and scan each cases and then start processing. so he said it will take atleast another 6 months to reschedule!!!!!

I do not know what to say. If the case is transferred in 11/30/04 then it takes 3 months to open the box????????

does anybody have the same experience there?

anybody know how long the process takes after this scanning?

Thanks, pibo

Thanks pibo

Thanks pibo. I was thinking that I could go to Hartford and get advance parole on the same day. Now I am going to miss my brother's marriage.
Regarding other thing. Our case was transferred to Hartford on 8/23/04. We went there on Oct 12th. They told our file just arrived. Then we ask them when did it reach there . they told couple of days ago.
Again we went there on 12/22/04. Then the officer was nice, he told us our case reached in Hartford on Oct 7th. And it is not assigned to anybody. Then we ask him what you thinking about the timeframe. He told he don’t know how much time it is going to take. He told we might get interview letter by March/April.
Last week we got replay form senator office regarding our case status inquiry says this case was transferred to here on Oct 7th and may be schedule for interview by August. That means one year from the transfer date. :mad:

Regards
smt

RE: Your thoughts/feedbacks will be appreciated

Hi Greenie05,

our case is similar to your case. I came here on H1 and my wife came here on h4. After that she got sponsor for GC and filled the I140 and 485 . We got our EAD also. Now my H1 is over and both of us are working on our EAD
smt

greenie05 said:
Dear friends, we had our 140 approved on 10/14/2004, which is also the date when our 485 was transferred to Hartford. We haven't received our FP notice yet, should we worry about this?

And, currently my wife is the primary applicant for our case and her current visa status is H4. That is, I'm an H1B-visa holder and my wife happended to find an employer willing to sponsor (not financially though :( ) her for GC. My H1B will expire in 2 years and we have been issued EADs for both. My question is what happens if my visa expires in 2 years. Are we still legally eligible to work if we switch our status to EAD? I'm confused becaused my wife's current visa status depends on mine, which, again, expires in 2 years. Your timely response will be appreciated.

Greenie05

smt said:
Hi Greenie05,

our case is similar to your case. I came here on H1 and my wife came here on h4. After that she got sponsor for GC and filled the I140 and 485 . We got our EAD also. Now my H1 is over and both of us are working on our EAD
smt

Hello smt, it sounds like we're in the same boat. How can we schedule an appointment to make inquiry on our case at Hartford office? BTW, have you got your FP done? Our case was transferred to Hartford right after I-140 approval so not sure which office, VMT or HAR, will send us a FP notice...

greenie05

EAD Renewal

Hi guys... our EADs will expire in late July. When should we file for renewal by and where (our case was transferred to Hartford in 10/04)? Is it going to be Chicago as some of you discussed above? And how long does it take these days?

greenie

You know what I think Hartford have no idea when a case was received in by transfer my case left VSC Oct 03 senator enquiry came back and said RD aug 04 then congress enquiry came back saying sept 04 I think they just make up a date to keep you happy. not that it is a response to be happy by but apparently there was a 5000 case drop at Hartford round about aug. my EAD is up in sept and personally I hope we receive an interview before it is up because it is now 4th EAD its unfair its been a long 16 months since the transfer of the case in Oct 03

SMT , greenie, imawaiting

smt, I just saw that chicago office is processing jan, 05 cases and if you apply now you may just get it before you leave. Also, try emergency AP in hartford by getting some medical records from home.

also, I just checked our EAD cases and our case was approved on feb24th. So the information in NBC is right as our ND was 20th dec, 04 and they are saying they are processing dec 04 cases. so it is taking about two months now to get EAD. but it will be better to apply 90days before your current one expires as you can always get i-EAD.

greenie05 said:
Hello smt, it sounds like we're in the same boat. How can we schedule an appointment to make inquiry on our case at Hartford office? BTW, have you got your FP done? Our case was transferred to Hartford right after I-140 approval so not sure which office, VMT or HAR, will send us a FP notice...

greenie05

hi greenie05,

Use infopass for schedule an appointment.http://infopass.uscis.gov/
yes our case 2nd FP is done on 7/2/04.

smt.

pibo said:
smt, I just saw that chicago office is processing jan, 05 cases and if you apply now you may just get it before you leave. Also, try emergency AP in hartford by getting some medical records from home.

also, I just checked our EAD cases and our case was approved on feb24th. So the information in NBC is right as our ND was 20th dec, 04 and they are saying they are processing dec 04 cases. so it is taking about two months now to get EAD. but it will be better to apply 90days before your current one expires as you can always get i-EAD.

I am planing to go to hardford on next monday.let us see any luck.