Interview : Transferred to HARTFORD, Connecticut

greenie, please ask a few things very explicitly. It will help us along with you.

Ask them when they got your case compared to your transfer date, when they scanned the case to their database and if it is placed with an officer yet. Get as much detail as possible.

Thanks.

pibo said:
greenie, please ask a few things very explicitly. It will help us along with you.

Ask them when they got your case compared to your transfer date, when they scanned the case to their database and if it is placed with an officer yet. Get as much detail as possible.

Thanks.

OK, thanks. Will keep you guys updated.

Green Card Stamp!

Finally, this morning (3/02/2005) we went to Hartford USCIS for interview at 09:25AM.

We had taken our lawyer with us. My case is AC21 with Spouse 245i (LIFE Act availee).

The officer mentioned in the letter was DA0#1 but from my experience I can almost confirm that this means nothing. It is assigned to a group of 4-5 Interviewing officers. Obviously, my officer was cordial and took us in at 09:33AM. Interview lasted about 15-17 minutes. He asked for our passport, driver license and EAD. Asked for the employment letter that time my lawyer indicated that this was AC21 case and gave him the letter from my current employer which is a large Company so he did not have questions about the bonafide. He asked for marriage certificate when my lawyer indicated that the case would not have come to this stage if USCIS did not have the marriage certificate. Then the officer dug inside the file and found it.

The officer never asked for any Tax papers or pay stub after seeing the salary listed in employment letter! But he did ask if the salary was less than or more than the labor certification. At this point my lawyer interjected and said to the officer that he had no reason to ask the question about salary as law forbid that as irrelevant. But the officer indicated that if the salary was less than the LC than he would have to refer the case to his supervisor. At this point my lawyer strongly objected that and said that they would have to bring this in AILA meeting that USCIS did not have any legal ground for asking salary for an AC21 case! Anyway, my salary was much higher than LC so the question was put aside.

Finally, he said that do we want to make another trip to get the passport stamped as he did not have chance to confirm the VISA availability from DOS.
At this point, my lawyer said that this was very unfair that the officer had not done his homework in advance! My lawyer said we will wait there till he verifies the VISA availability. We had to wait for about 90 minutes and then he the officer came out and handed the stamped passports. He had also asked my son's birth certificate, who is born here.

I have found that the officers are specialized in EB category or family based interviews. Besides the general standard questions listed in I-485 application they would ask Employment letter, passport, Driver license and EAD. They may ask tax papers or pay stubs. I had not carried any pay stubs from my previous employer. I Had carried a complete set of papers for the immigration officers. They could ask the questions about the marriage and birth certificates, so keep them handy.

I will have to wait for the card to arrive!

Wish you all my very best wishes that your cases get completed successfully in near future.

If you have any more questions please post it here. I will try my best to answer them.

I have tried to give you the best idea about the interview at USCIS based on my experience.

Mike

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats mike and thanks for the time in writing this detailed posting. Thanks again.

pibo

Well congratulations Mike good for you. Enjoy your freedom as they all say in this forum haha
I am a little concerned with the fact that your imm officer wanted to you to come back because he wasn't sure there was a available # I hope there is enough numbers for us how many exactly are given out does anyone know??
also having read a post someone saying they went into Hartford and their case was RD Oct 04 they should receive an interview letter march/April then all the Aug folks should be up, is this our month.. I sure hope so :D goodluck to us all ..(b) (d)

Mike Metal TD 06/18/2004 (485 RD 10/7/2002) approved on march 02, 05
GPT_AMIT TD 06/21/2004 (485 RD 2002) approved and stamped 22 dec, 04
edvttores TD 6/15/2004 (485 RD 8/03) approved on jan 26, 05
imwaiting TD 08/26/2004 (485 RD 6/2002) (actual TD Oct 03)
SMT TD 08/2004 (485 RD 9/2002)
janannwill TD 8/18/2004 (485 RD 11/29/02)
greenie05 TD 10/04 (485 RD 6/04)
pibo TD 11/23/2004 (485 RD 04/07/2003)
Anindya TD 11/23/2004 (485 RD 04/07/2003)
FH_MIET TD 11/16/04 (485 ND 07/03/2004 EB3)
AHHA2005_7 TD 12/16/2004 (485 RD 10/1/2002 EB1)
GSSR TD 08/12/2004 (485 RD 07/2002, Third FP 11/2004)

does anybody know when those 5000 cases were dumped to hartford? it matters as june TD people interview dates ranged from dec,04 to march, 05 (3 months) !!!!! no aug yet....

The problem is I was told is that they are picking cases up hahazardly so there is really no order I know that my senators enquiry was done with a aug 04 RD date and that was when they said there was a 5000 case drop could be a load of rubbish to make excuses ?? who knows at least we are now starting to see movement in Hartford and all the Junes are done in here our next cases are Aug so we will just have to wait until the 1st interview letter comes in.

imawaiting said:
The problem is I was told is that they are picking cases up hahazardly so there is really no order I know that my senators enquiry was done with a aug 04 RD date and that was when they said there was a 5000 case drop could be a load of rubbish to make excuses ?? who knows at least we are now starting to see movement in Hartford and all the Junes are done in here our next cases are Aug so we will just have to wait until the 1st interview letter comes in.

Hi iamawaiting, how can I get a senator's or congressman's letter? Who should I contact and what is the procedure?

Thanks,
Greenie

Hi Greenie

you need to get Liebermans site up and there is a fax # the contact name who deals with immigration is Laura Cahill ( but I headed the letter to Senator Lieberman) just write your situation and is it possible if they could enquire into your case, you need to make sure you give your permission for them to enquire about your case info make sure you add alien #'s.

The address for the office in Hartford is
One Constitution Plaza
7th Floor
Hartford, CT 06103 but I did fax I have given all the info off the letter I received from them

Congress was done through a friend of a friend but I am sure it works the same way.
http://lieberman.senate.gov ( this is the web address on the letter)
Good Luck it don't really help they just come back with the info it was received in their office on ?? and telling you it takes 1 year so you will receive an interview 1 year from your RD ..

imawaiting said:
Hi Greenie

you need to get Liebermans site up and there is a fax # the contact name who deals with immigration is Laura Cahill ( but I headed the letter to Senator Lieberman) just write your situation and is it possible if they could enquire into your case, you need to make sure you give your permission for them to enquire about your case info make sure you add alien #'s.

The address for the office in Hartford is
One Constitution Plaza
7th Floor
Hartford, CT 06103 but I did fax I have given all the info off the letter I received from them

Congress was done through a friend of a friend but I am sure it works the same way.
http://lieberman.senate.gov ( this is the web address on the letter)
Good Luck it don't really help they just come back with the info it was received in their office on ?? and telling you it takes 1 year so you will receive an interview 1 year from your RD ..

Thanks iamawaiting... you mean about 1 year from TD, if applicable?

Greenie

We went to Hartford INS today

We went to Hartford INS today. Our status is till same. Then I submitted my application for advance parole and I got it approved.

Hi Greenie
yes RD for it being received into HArtford Transfer dates and RD in Hartford dates seem to be a little bit different.

advance parole

We went to Hartford INS on monday for applying our advance parole. We got it approved monday itself. But after reaching home we noticed that the parole visa they given us is not in INS watermark seal paper. It is in a ordinary paper, with INS seal on it. will it be a problem? Did anybody else got advance parole from local office?

smt

Hi Smt, how did you get the adv parole on that day itself? Could you please write in detail what happened?
thanks,
pibo

I went there and ask about my 485 status. They told it is same. Then I told them I need to apply for emergency AP. I had the completed form with me. They just reviewed and I got it. Now my question is as it is not in INS water seal paper it will create problem or not?

OK lets keep the list at the top so we can track easily. right now we are stumped there is no July transfers so we cannot see if they are up for interview. anyone spoke with imm/officer or lawyer on recent interviews?

Mike Metal TD 06/18/2004 (485 RD 10/7/2002) approved on march 02, 05
GPT_AMIT TD 06/21/2004 (485 RD 2002) approved and stamped 22 dec, 04
edvttores TD 6/15/2004 (485 RD 8/03) approved on jan 26, 05
imwaiting TD 08/26/2004 (485 RD 6/2002) (actual TD Oct 03)
SMT TD 08/2004 (485 RD 9/2002)
janannwill TD 8/18/2004 (485 RD 11/29/02)
greenie05 TD 10/04 (485 RD 6/04)
pibo TD 11/23/2004 (485 RD 04/07/2003)
Anindya TD 11/23/2004 (485 RD 04/07/2003)
FH_MIET TD 11/16/04 (485 ND 07/03/2004 EB3)
AHHA2005_7 TD 12/16/2004 (485 RD 10/1/2002 EB1)
GSSR TD 08/12/2004 (485 RD 07/2002, Third FP 11/2004)