Interview : Transferred to HARTFORD, Connecticut

EAD Renewal

Here is our bitter/bad exp of EAD Renewal from local office(Hartford):

Our EAD Expiration date: 07/17/03
Our Attorney Applied our EAD Renewal's : 04/16/03
EAD Approved(Only for me ): 06/18/03
My EAD Interview Date: 06/24/03

Since I am on a travel Job and staying out of CT had to request Hartford INS to Schedule our interviews together as my wife never received any letter. After waiting N waiting
Had to fly to Hartford and on 07/13/03 went there early in the morning and stood in the line for token 1 Hr and had to wait again for 2 Hrs for the Interview.
Fortunately gone to a right window (Nice Officer). He looked into the System and told us that he could not locate/track my wife's EAD Application.
He said they never received her Application. Luckily my Attorney gave all the Documentation including the Cheques he wrote to INS for EAD fee.
He gave us all his bank statements. The officer already went to EAD Dept couple of times to find out our status. He told us that they(EAD folks) need original Cheques. God I then gave a call
to my attorney and since he knew all the officers out there spoke to them and finally they want us to fill a new application for my wife's EAD. I explained them that my wife would be losing
her job as her EAD is Expiring on 07/17/03 and on top of that we are carrying our medical insurance from her Employer. My wife's Employer already asking for the Evidence of Work permit Extension.
After Spending 1 Hr with us and going back N forth several times to EAD Dept, this nice Officer told us that I can Collect my EAD the Next day as it was already approved and for my wife they cannot promise specific day and they would approve her ASAP. Because her file has to go thru the background checks.
I again tried to Explain to this officer and he told me that its not good to push more than this and told me that he tried as much as he can. I asked him whether she can work and he didn't answer.
I told him about 90 days rule and he said that local offices work differently from regional offices (VSC, NSC etc..)..hartford is taking 3 to 4 months(most of the times they approve within 3 months)
and they wont honor the 90 day rule.

After a long day went to my attorney office and explained him. Since our Attorney is very known in Hartford INS for the magnitude of the cases he handle at Hartford, talked to the supervisor at INS office and also left voicemail to EAD supervisor/chief.
Next day morning went again and dropped my EAD interview letter and again we stood in line for token to find the status of my wife's Ideas they told us to find whether it cleared background checks)...

They called my name to pick up EAD and the lady(she was very Co-operative) who deals with that section told me that she received a call from my attorney and she apologized for all the mess. The good news was that she said that she would give her direct phone number(told that normally they wont do that) and asked my wife to let her employer know that she is in status and can work as this was a fault of INS..If your employer has any questions they can directly reach her and would explain the situation. Bottom line she said she is in status and can work.
She said its waste of time to stay or come again and it would take at least couple of weeks to clear the Background checks for my wife's EAD.. Previously they used to approve the EAD's without background checks and its mandatory now...Again we have to fly to Hartford to pick up my wife's EAD.. GOD THE WHOLE EXPERIENCE WAS SOOOOO PAINFUL AND EXPENSIVE ...
NO CHOICE ...even though its not our fault..

Regarding the 485 Hartford is taking 12 months for the interview. They are treating the Transferred cases as regular cases. If they receive a transferred case the it would go down with regular received cases at Hartford. No special handling for transferred cases...

FYI : HARTFORD INS SAYS THAT YOU CANNOT WORK WITHOUT EAD.ITS BETTER YOU APPLY YOUR EAD 4 MONTHS BEFORE.
EVEN MY ATTORNEY ADVISES AVOID WORKING ONCE YOUR EAD EXPIRES. AT LEAST TRY NOT TO WORK/STAY OUT OF STATUS MORE THAN 6 MONTHS.
ALSO MY ATTORNEY SAYS THAT HARTFORD WILL NOW HONOR THE 90 DAY RULE FOR EAD. AS THEY RECENTLY CONFIRMED IN THE RECENT AILA MEETING

THANKS TO MY ATTORNEY (www.lamboleylawfirm.com)

Let's keep it on the top...

******CONGRATAS******

Many new approvals...in different places

We are expecting our's soon.

Hi Guys,

We are expecting our Approvals Soon...I was talking to one of my friend...his attorney said...it seems..H'ford is speeding up the process, All the best.

Hi Guys,

Last Thu 08/14/2003, I went personally to Hartford INS office...and enquired about my case status. The lady was nice and enquired about the status and told me...they are waiting for finger prints to come from FBI..as soon as it comes...they will approve/schdule interview for me. (2 months back gave my 2nd time finger prints) any body knows...how much time it is taking for fbi to clear the finger prints.

Thanks

Call 1-304-625-5590 to get more information about your finger prints results. You need to provide your A number.

Anyone got the plastic cards after the stamping in Hartford apart from victoria. Can anyone give me the phone # for checking on the plastic cards.
Thanks
Have Fun.

Re: Plastic Cards

Netboys

I went and asked the hartford INS office the lady I talked to was so rude and she told me that it will be mailed within one and half years.

Then I called the National customer service and they asked me to mail some GC inquiry form to Vermont.

Thanks
mzsuresh

Is there any updates on EAD and interview calls from hartford. How much time they are taking to process it now a days .....

Last edited by a moderator:
AOS Approved

Hope all are well. Sorry for the long silence, I had put the AOS process and the associated delays at the back of my mind.

On July 22nd my wife and I received letters for an interview on August 14th. We were at the BCIS office at 7:30am for the 8:30 interview. We were the first to go to rm#420 so dropped off the letter as instructed and was called in about 15min later.

The lady who conducted the interview was extremely courteous, the entire interview took about 25 minutes, which was longer than I expected but it went very smooth. I had taken a ton of documents with copies but she requested only the following:

-Employer letter
-I140 approval
-Last years tax return
-Last paycheck
-AP and EAD documents (which she kept)
-Son’s birth certificate

She stamped the passports and we did the FP right afterwards. A long painful process is finally over. Hopefully the plastic card will come soon. Best of luck for all of you!!!

RD: 8/10/2001
TD: 8/5/2002
ID: 8/14/2003

congrats

were you accompanied with attorney for the AOS interview and also did your attorney also received the interview letter (notice) ?

Once again congrats as the long long wait is over for you!

All the best for the rest of us!

rdp?

rdp?

have you not received interview letter yet? as your AOS TD to hartford is same as Ind...i.e August first week (2002)

whoever receives the interview letter please post the their info ASAP on this thread as it will help others to check on their status with INS.

Thanks
All the best

AOS Interview and Notice

redragon ...

We did not have our attorney with us. We had to sign a form consenting to the interview without the attorney.

In the notice, the attorney was CCed, but I did not ask the attorney if they got the notice as well. I will find out.

Thanks Ind

for ur quick response. If you get a chance please find out whether your attorney received the notice...since i changed my address kind of worried incase if i dont receive the notice, atleast it should make it to the attorney...its agony if u dont make it to the interview when its scheduled by missing interview letter..

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Guys,

We received our cards yesterday, 8 months after getting our passports stamped. They were preceded by couple of welcome notices.
redragon, my attorney also received the interview notice along with me. He called me and told me that.
I thank one and all who were very helpful during my GC process.

Have Fun.

Netboyks.

Congrats netboyks,

Its exciting to know that u have got ur cards too...We are just waiting for our approval to come. I know..GOD is blessing us big time..we are the next.

Enjoy ur Freedom netboyks.

Hi Ind761,

Did they ask u for I140 approval original or copy...

Thanks in advance.
Cam Sreeni