Interview Nightmare, please help!

I know I'm jumping on this thread a bit late but I did take the time to read it in it's entirety before drawing some conclusions based on what has been said so far. My impression of the OP is he's very arrogant and appears to feel entitled because he's not like your "typical immigrant". Even in some of his comments here, he appears somewhat condescending. I got news for the OP, like it has been stated before, the documents you presented were simply insufficient. You do not have the right to compare yourself to any other American while seeking American benefits because the truth of the matter is ... You are NOT an American. You do not hold an American passport. Please stop this entitlement foolishness of yours and do what is asked of you.

I'm not trying to be rude or harsh but who really knows whats in the documents. USCIS requirements ask for original documents and/or certified copies (with raised seal). Not something Joe Schmoe typed with his Smith Corona typewriter and mail to you.

The I/O and his/her supervisor probably felt the same arrogant sense of entitlement from you and even comparing yourself to Americans as a major turn off. Get a grip my friend.

Listen, I would like to call you an idiot and be done with it, but that won't be enough.

Comparing myself to Americans isn't unreasonable by any means. Any well-educated person would know this, no need to have a degree in sociology or anthropology. I have been living in NYC since I was 4 for over 20 years. Americans and foreigners think I am American, even people from my native country confuse me as a foreigner in their country. Nobody would know that I was not a citizen unless I told them about it. Comparing myself to Americans in my case is not arrogant or foolish or having a sense of entitlement, or whatever nonsense you spewed. It is a logical and reasonable statement.

Even the densest Americans I know do not think like you. They know that there is more to being an American than having a passport, such things as language, knowledge of history, culture, subculture, heritage, etc. It seems to be a minority of pedantic recluses like you who have this fascistic mindset of an absolutist world. It was probably your forebears or like-minded people like you in the past who denied citizenship to Native Americans, African Americans, Asians, etc.

Do the world a favor and turn off the computer, fascist.

Interesting ...
When you are in a CIS office asking for immigration benefits, please do ACT like an immigrant ASKING for benefits. Then you can hop on to fifth avenue and be an american all you want.
It is similar to how S&P is getting the blame for US debt rating and not the politicians. What a world !!

..I would like to review the documents I received. The document that was given to me was exactly the same as the previous documents. Thankfully, it does have a raised seal on it. But wanting to be extra careful, I have noticed it is only one of the pages, the last one. The document consists of three separate pages. Will this suffice?
The raised seal should suffice even if it isn't on every page.

If those three pages are stapled together [and I suppose they are] make sure the staple doesn't come off otherwise the whole document will be deemed as non-certified if there is any evidence of tampering with the staple. Good luck!

Hey guys, long time no response. Last time I tried to enter this site and google marked it as being a malicious site, so I was unable to re-enter. Now that my re-interview date is drawing near, I guess it's a good idea to go over the documents with you guys.

Also, while I was browsing over the previous comments, I seem to have received a lot of negative comments against me. Some of them were especially douchey but what do you expect from a bunch of strangers on the internet, no harm no foul. I'm not going to lose sleep or feel hurt because some butt-hurt posters said negative things about my character, how they never break the law, that peeing in public is the worst thing on the planet, etc etc. I know in my mind and heart that what I did was not a terrible act by any means and that some douchey people here have gone out of their way to make it seem worse than it is. So, go ahead and keep demonizing me for it, I'll just know in the back of my head that high schoolers are dealing drugs on the street or the recent rampage in Philly over the weekend. I'm a big picture kind of guy, so I'll let the small minded people go ahead and trash talk.

So now that I've addressed my detractors, aka unhelpful people, I would like to review the documents I received. The document that was given to me was exactly the same as the previous documents. Thankfully, it does have a raised seal on it. But wanting to be extra careful, I have noticed it is only one of the pages, the last one. The document consists of three separate pages. Will this suffice?

I am in USCIS for 23 years and my master hearing is in Aug-31-2011. I live in New York , NY 25 y....They want court disposition , the document that you go in court you pay $32 and it said al about your case , and have 2 stamps one is regular stamp and one is dry pressed...all aller documents are BS for IO, and IJ .... So go to court direct , unless that camp court is bogus ...Rule# never go without Atourny in any interview.Rule#1 also never argue with IO...Let them know that they are thw smartest and that your lawyer is also smart....Atherwice you will spend time in Iimmigration court like I am .

Rule#1 Never go without Attorny in any USCIS interview.
Rule#1a Never argue with IO, ore any IJ ore any person thar work in USCIS .

They want court disposition , isued by court only.
Let them know that they are the smartest and that your lawyer is also smart....Atherwice you will spend time in Iimmigration court like I am . Take a ride and go in PA in court, no phone calls, many dumb sudents peeps answers phone calls they work for minimum vages and most of them are iliteral (you will be lucky if they speak english), you go there and ask for court disposition office which have 2 windows one you tell them date and name yhry number of case than you go to second window and get document Court disposition, you pay $18 and it said all about your case , and have 2 stamps one is regular stamp and one is dry pressed...The rest of documents are BS for IO, and IJ .... So go to court direct , unless that camp court is bogus .( I sugest make a lot of copies ) and keep original so you can show it , dont give original to IO only copy)

. Good luck and had down till you get papers .once you get papers think good before you make some other dumb mistake. We all do some are lucky and never get in front of judge. Having green cart means no chit just close to your citizenship.....Even with green cart you can be deported if you pee again ore drive with suspended DL like I did (I did not know it) . Many of them got deported ...Specialy one of the guys who peed in front of schoole ,he was drunk and got deported for "indicend exposure" in fron of minors . You are still good so get that Court Disposition and you done, if they come with somethiong ellse ask to explain how can you get that, cause they can come with all kinde of something else.
Good luck to you, and stay cool ,we are just immigrants here that can be send back.
Sorry for bad spelling , I am just one immigrat who is still learning ...and not trying to give advise just making a friendly coment.

I am in USCIS for 23 years and my master hearing is in Aug-2011. I use to live in New York , NY 25 years , now I moved in different stat. Still in IC.

Let them know that they are the smartest and that your lawyer is also smart....Atherwice you will spend time in Iimmigration court like I am . Take a ride and go in PA in court, no phone calls, many dumb sudents peeps answers phone calls they work for minimum vages and most of them are iliteral (you will be lucky if they speak english), you go there and ask for court disposition office which have 2 windows one you tell them date and name yhry number of case than you go to second window and get document Court disposition, you pay $18 and it said all about your case , and have 2 stamps one is regular stamp and one is dry pressed...The rest of documents are BS for IO, and IJ .... So go to court direct , unless that camp court is bogus .( I sugest make a lot of copies ) and keep original so you can show it , dont give original to IO only copy)

. Good luck and had down till you get papers .once you get papers think good before you make some other dumb mistake. We all do some are lucky and never get in front of judge. Having green cart means no chit just close to your citizenship.....Even with green cart you can be deported if you pee again ore drive with suspended DL like I did (I did not know it) . Many of them got deported ...Specialy one of the guys who peed in front of schoole ,he was drunk and got deported for "indicend exposure" in fron of minors . You are still good so get that Court Disposition and you done, if they come with somethiong ellse ask to explain how can you get that, cause they can come with all kinde of something else.
Good luck to you.
Sorry for bad spelling ,am just one immigrat who is still learning ...and not trying to give advise just making a friendly coment.

I am in USCIS for 23 years and my master hearing is in Aug-2011. I use to live in New York , NY 25 years , now I moved in different stat. Still in IC.

23 years, wow !! best of luck. i never related peeing to indecent exposure, but yes that's a note of caution ... if an officer wants to make things difficult, he/she can as public urination near a school can be played 100 ways, and the officer would have seen them all.

If those three pages are stapled together [and I suppose they are] make sure the staple doesn't come off otherwise the whole document will be deemed as non-certified if there is any evidence of tampering with the staple. Good luck!

Nah, it came as three separate pages, just like before, but now with raised seal on the last page. It is completely identical to the previous document I submitted sans raised seal. So at least they will see that it was authentic, but the office just didn't provide me with a raised seal.

Good luck to you.
Sorry for bad spelling ,am just one immigrat who is still learning ...and not trying to give advise just making a friendly coment.

Man, that sounds so excessive, but I am definitely open to any scenarios after what I've gone through.

I think this is the best that I am going to get from the court. It is a small court in a small county in Pennsylvania. The kind of disposition you described would be alien to them. But I did offer my first disposition paper when I sat on the platform stairs at 2AM from the MTA Police, and it was just a letter with a raised seal and the IO didn't make a big deal out of it.

So here is hoping that he will be the same with the second disposition paper this time around. I didn't really have too much beef with the IO, but the supervisor and I didn't get along well, but that should be separate from our interview, at least I hope that's the case.

The raised seal should suffice even if it isn't on every page.

Thank goodness. So what the other poster said about stamps and whatnot is not necessary right? This court doesn't even produce those kinds of disposition papers, so I feel this is the best that I am going to get.

Also, I must admit, that I was frustrated with the IOs. I tried to argue a bit with the original IO, but he basically told me what's up, and I let it be. But when I wanted to speak to the supervisor to communicate that the local court would not cooperate with me, that's when things got ugly. He kept mentioning benefits, invoking GMC, demonization of character, etc. I didn't insult him or anything, but I was trying to protect my character but he got fed up with me and told me to get the documents.

Now that I have them, will they be cool about it or should I apologize for the earlier misunderstanding? I originally came in to the interview as an American, not as an immigrant for benefits, so I guess that's why I was caught off guard with the whole process. The situation with my wife also exasperated matters. But now I am more mindful of the situation and am ready to comply, she is already back in her country, so I just want to get it right this time. Any advice, friend?

Stay calm and be polite, that's all you need to do in my humble opinion. Sometimes, the more we go back stirring the pot, the less it helps. Be humble, professional and thank the IO for his/her time. This has been a very stressful journey for you and I can empathize with your concern, now let that bad experience go and allow yourself to relax. The calmer you are, the better for you during your interview. Good luck!! :)

Good luck to you, and stay cool ,we are just immigrants here that can be send back.
Sorry for bad spelling , I am just one immigrat who is still learning ...and not trying to give advise just making a friendly coment.

Thanks for the concern but I don't think I have to worry about deportation. The US isn't that bad, link to a CNN article how people brought into this country as young children are exempt from deportation cases. And I'm sure these people have done worse things than taking a whiz outside.

http://www.cnn.com/2011/POLITICS/08/18/deportation.reviews/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

Thanks for the concern but I don't think I have to worry about deportation. The US isn't that bad, link to a CNN article how people brought into this country as young children are exempt from deportation cases. And I'm sure these people have done worse things than taking a whiz outside.

Things are good as long as they are good. Once something bad happens ... well ... go back and read post #1 in this thread.

Please do not compare what you did to .... anything .... in your next meeting with CIS.

They're not exempt from deportation. It's just that their deportation will be on hold while the govt. prioritizes deporting the criminals. Once they've deported a large enough number of criminals, they could go back to deporting the others. Or a new president could shift the deportation priorities again and resume deporting those kids.

I was told to bring certified copies of my police record and court dispositions to my interview, I was told on the phone at both the court and police dept. they just send me a letter, no certified copies, etc. even after I told them the documents I had were not sufficient for the interview. I went down to the court and PD and they happily took my money ($15 and $18) and gave me certified letters when I asked why they told me on the phone they did not do that.."umh the person who answered the phone was wrong we do this all the time"

I made 2 mistakes on my N-400, go ahead and clearly read the questions, NO I did NOT make a mistake, I correctly and truthfully answered them but when the interviewer got to the second one and said "Geez, you just don't know how to fill out a form do you?" I thought to myself "no you idiot, read the question, I answered it correctly" and said out loud, "I am sorry, I was kind of stressed and must have mis-understood the question"

I passed !

Never argue with the man who holds your future in his hands, he can make it easy for you or make it miserable.

I take my oath in 5 days !

Never argue with the man who holds your future in his hands, he can make it easy for you or make it miserable.

I take my oath in 5 days !

first i thought it was the original poster who was commenting (based on 1st para), but then no ... i checked the user names. good approach and congratulations.

Yeah, so I went to my re-interview on September 6th, after my original August 29 date was postponed due to the hurricane. I got a different ISO, thank goodness, and she was pretty chill. She did what she had to do, took my court certified letter, and told me that I will receive a response in the mail.

Now here is the confusing part. I asked her how long that might take and she told me 120 days. But from what was discussed in this forum, I thought the 120 days starts counting down from the first interview. Now is that countdown reset from the second interview? Please, I hope not.

The 120 days starts from the first interview, even if there is a second or third interview. They tried to assert that it's 120 days from the latest interview but the courts struck them down. You're already past the 120 day mark, so technically you could file 1447(b) right now. But since you just had the interview, the final processing should be in motion so give them a few weeks before taking such aggressive action.