Interview and US passport

Mr Vertigo, what is this community of couriers to which you belong?

They're not diplomatic couriers, nor do they (to my knowledge) send/bring passports or anything like that... but they do send stuff from time to time, medicine, letters, or other things that people send to their families/loved ones.

It's an ethnic community.

I am coming from Brazil right before the interview and I will probably return a few days after it, as long as I can get my passport at the Passport Office.
How long have you been spending in Brazil (or anywhere else outside the US), and how long do you plan to be in Brazil after the interview? If you spend too much time outside the US before completing the entire process including the oath, you run the risk of having your citizenship denied because of breaking continuous residence.

I actually live in Brazil now. I come here every 5 or 6 months. But I moved down there last year.
Then you're probably going to be denied citizenship. You need to convince the interviewer that you're still living in the US during the citizenship process. Living elsewhere and visiting the US once every 5-6 months usually doesn't work if you want to be approved for citizenship. You also risk losing your green card if you do that for too long.

Last edited by a moderator: