My EAD arrived yesterday.
Here are my timelines:
Receipt date 06/28
Case transferred from Nebraska to Texas 08/09
Card being produced 09/08
Card mailed to me 09/12
Card in hand 09/14

Good luck everyone!

Hello every one i have been reading this form for a while now . I am an asylum applicants, i-589 been pending since 06/12/2017 (Texas Center) so next week i will file the EAD and i will be filing it my self there some stuff i want to ask about.so any info and advice are appreciated .
I dont have SSN so in question No.10 it asks if i want the SSA to issue me the SSN . should check yes ? or should i file for it after i get my EAD ?
last thing qustion No.19 ask about currant immigration status . is it the same as my visa(B2 which is not valid now ) or is it asylum applicants ?
thanks and I hope everyone gets thire EAD asap :)

Hi everyone, sorry for my bad English.
I just received my first EAD, I checked the form option to also create my SSN.
But I only received the EAD. Will SSN arrive separately?

Hi everyone, sorry for my bad English.
I just received my first EAD, I checked the form option to also create my SSN.
But I only received the EAD. Will SSN arrive separately?
Take your EAD and any ID with you to Social Security Office near you to apply for the the new card, fill up an application form submit it ,get interviewed and wait, they will send you the card in 2-6 weeks in mail It’s a separate paper card with a confidential number. Read more at this link -
https://www.ssa.gov/ssnumber/cards.htm
https://www.ssa.gov/ssnumber

Last edited:
Hi guys, I read all your posts in this thread and I feel a bit confused. Some of you wrote here about different USCIS centers (Texas, Nebraska etc.) that process your EAD applications. I have just mailed my application to the address I found on the USCIS page and it was a mail box in Dallas, TX. I filed my initial asylum application to the Texas USCIS Center as I live in Florida but if other applications are processed by other USCIS Centeres does that mean that it depends on where the applicant lives and where he or she filed the initial asylum form?

Guys, just wondering if EADs are getting renewed in recent months? Pls share your experinces who applied for EAD in last one year. Also, please mention if it was first or repeated EAD. Thanks!