Indiana SWA tracker

Status
Not open for further replies.
onlyhope said:
This is not related to the labor. Just want to know has anyone been out US and applied visa back using the 1 year H-1 (after 6 yr H-1)? Any trouble doing that with 1 year H-1?

I had done it 2 years with 7th years extension of 1 year. I didn't have any problems at all. I did it in my home country with online reservation.

more than 6 years

getinfo said:
I had done it 2 years with 7th years extension of 1 year. I didn't have any problems at all. I did it in my home country with online reservation.

HI,

I have applied for visa stamp in Canada Toronto for 8th year extension, I had the pre-approved H1 extension notice in my hand. I also applied in my home country the next year for another extension with preapproved notice of H1. The only question that is asked in consulate is "Is you LC pending? ". In that case I have to produce the pending LC letter which may be the screen shot from DBEC or IN state letter that was sent to employer when they filed the LC several years back. If you have that letter which shows LC is pending and u have H1 approval notice , you should not have any problems. Also carry your normal stuf like paystub, certificates, marksheets, experience letters, and your complete visa H1 petition that was filed by your employer.

IN canada there is less waiting time, and visas are handed over next day in Toronto and same day in Ottowa, generally.

All the best

Getinfo,Any updates on your case

Did you get your approval?.If not did your attorney send an email to the DBEC inquirying about your case?.

Thanks

sumathireddy said:
Did you get your approval?.If not did your attorney send an email to the DBEC inquirying about your case?.

Thanks

no and no. :(

I have not received my LC approval. My attorney refused to send an inquiry to DBEC. I asked many many times.

Question for everyone

Does any of you know if there is a requirement for an application to stay in a state for a certain amount of time in order to be eligible to apply I140 or I485?

Thanks, Indiacard and Getinfo for your answer. Looks like I should not be worried about it too much when apply visa back with 1 year H-1.
indiacard said:
HI,

I have applied for visa stamp in Canada Toronto for 8th year extension, I had the pre-approved H1 extension notice in my hand. I also applied in my home country the next year for another extension with preapproved notice of H1. The only question that is asked in consulate is "Is you LC pending? ". In that case I have to produce the pending LC letter which may be the screen shot from DBEC or IN state letter that was sent to employer when they filed the LC several years back. If you have that letter which shows LC is pending and u have H1 approval notice , you should not have any problems. Also carry your normal stuf like paystub, certificates, marksheets, experience letters, and your complete visa H1 petition that was filed by your employer.

IN canada there is less waiting time, and visas are handed over next day in Toronto and same day in Ottowa, generally.

All the best

getinfo said:
Does any of you know if there is a requirement for an application to stay in a state for a certain amount of time in order to be eligible to apply I140 or I485?

I have not heard of any such requirement. But I know when u file for 485, u need to submit last 3 years tax returns copies, so that proves u have lived in a given state. Now u may have moved from one state to another and may have stayed in 3 different states during that time....

But I have not heard that you should have stayed in a particular state for certain months...In fact earlier perople from states belonging to Nebraska region, used to file in other states belonging to Vermont center if their employers were in eastern states.

Co-Worker LC Certified

A co-worker with the same dates as mine just received notice that his labour has been approved.
RIR - SWA - never made it to state
PD Nov 1, 2001
45DL - rec Jan 26/06 - replied same date
LC Approved - have not seen it but likely Mar 2, 2006

Waiting for mine now... Does anyone know if you can file for your Spouse or Child EAD as soon as you get the LC Approved ??
Thanks everyone.
Good things are happening !!!
:D

OhCanada said:
Waiting for mine now... Does anyone know if you can file for your Spouse or Child EAD as soon as you get the LC Approved ??
Thanks everyone.

Your I-485 has to be pending for 6 months before you could apply for EAD.

How FIFO works??!

Still waiting for my 45-DL... :mad:

PD: Oct. 2001
State: IN
RIR EB2

OhCanada said:
A co-worker with the same dates as mine just received notice that his labour has been approved.
RIR - SWA - never made it to state
PD Nov 1, 2001
45DL - rec Jan 26/06 - replied same date
LC Approved - have not seen it but likely Mar 2, 2006

Thanks everyone.

Fifo

ww-gc,
i dont think there is any FIFO setup at BEC.one of my co-worker received 45 day letter.he applied sometime during first or second quarter of 2002 with Indiana SWA.

Not correct

IN_LC said:
Your I-485 has to be pending for 6 months before you could apply for EAD.

This is not correct. In fact you can send applications for I140, I485, EAD and AP all together, provided ur LC date is current for 485. If not then u can only apply 140. You donot have to wait 6 months after filing 485 to send in EAD/AP application.

In fact if EAD is not received in 60 days after sending EAD application, then u can go to local INS office and get EAD.

The 6-months rule for waiting after 485 filing is for AC21 rule which allows u to change employer with similar job.
Thanks

One of my co-worker with PD in May 02, SWA, RIR received his 45DL in Jan 06 and LA approval in Feb 06. And several of them (at least 6) with Apr 02, SWA, RIR got the labor in Jan. And another one with PD in 04 got his 45 DL last week.
There is no fifo at all. Just luck! Unfortunately, I don't have much in this. And I see lots of people in here not lucky enough. Is there a correlation between coming to the forum and get less luck?

psjv said:
ww-gc,
i dont think there is any FIFO setup at BEC.one of my co-worker received 45 day letter.he applied sometime during first or second quarter of 2002 with Indiana SWA.

case closed

Rxindy said:
Oh Boy! Are we in trouble for trying to vent in this forum?

Received 45DL Sept 7 2005
sent the letter Sept 28 2005 and received fedex track number

Received note from Senator Evan Bayh office my case closed on 11/9/05. :mad:

Company lawer is preparing a response to Senator Bayh’s office so that they can follow up with their contact. The lawyer truly feels this will get resolved quicker and more effectively if she goes the route of Bayh’s office.

I thought I was luck to get 45 days letter but I guess not.....

Did BEC Center give you a specific reason why they closed your case? (45-D response letter lost, or...)

uludom said:
Received 45DL Sept 7 2005
sent the letter Sept 28 2005 and received fedex track number

Received note from Senator Evan Bayh office my case closed on 11/9/05. :mad:

Company lawer is preparing a response to Senator Bayh’s office so that they can follow up with their contact. The lawyer truly feels this will get resolved quicker and more effectively if she goes the route of Bayh’s office.

I thought I was luck to get 45 days letter but I guess not.....

WorryIndy said:
Did BEC Center give you a specific reason why they closed your case? (45-D response letter lost, or...)

no reason. They replied to senator office with email contains 2 lines. 45 days later sent on 9/7/06 and the case closed on 11/9/05. I and my company have not received a letter from DBEC yet. I am glad senator staff checked my status on march 2 06 and found out this fact. I have 2 co-workers and they got 45 days letter mid july 05 and their (two) LC approved first week of Feb 06.

45 DL received

The day before yesterday I was really depressed after hearing two of my coworkers got their labor (one with PD in Apr 02 and the other Jul 02), and I still did not see 45DL.
And yesterday afternoon I got an email from the attorney that my 45 DL is finally there.
Our company has got around 10 labors for PD in 2002. And some received labor within a month (most of them are the ones received 45 DL this year) and some 8 or 9 months later after their 45 DL. Hope I can be little luckier there.

Status
Not open for further replies.