Indiana SWA tracker

Status
Not open for further replies.
sleepless_in_IN

Hi, sleepless,
Another question, what is your friend priority date?
onlyhope said:
Hi, sleepless_in_IN
Does your friend has a Region case or a state case?
Too bad I still have not receive mine. Even my data was entered as almost the same level of complete and exactly same day as my co-workers.

Hi, Sleepless
I totally understand your concern. The only hope we can have is they use FIFO to generate 45 letter after all cases been entered. Only this way, we can have our 45 letter first and get processed before other later cases.

sleepless_in_IN said:
PD is mar 02, CA. We think its a regional case but not fully sure cos he had some trouble with labor at state level and there was a lot of confusion.

I think people who got 45DL in june/july are VERY LUCKY....
....as there were fewer 45DLs sent out and people who got them and returned right away - had the response entered into the system right away and if they had earlier PD than feb 03 and clean case - they got approved right away - as I said my friend got actual approval in 10 days and took two months to get the approval in the mail.

People with Indiana 2001 applications are very unlucky...no 45 DL yet ....I just dont get it! If and when we do get our 45DLs it will be with 300K other cases which have been entered and when we reply to the 45DL it will be in a stack with 300K replies then we will be in another backlog for our 45DL replies to be entered into the system again...and since that will be random we will be the last cases to be entered and our cases will be the last ones to get processed...by that time all 2005 cases will be certified. :eek:

Hi Sleepless_in_IN,

As you have said, one of ur friend got 45D letter in June got approved in 10 days, was that friend having State=Indiana? Was it a state case or Federal case ?
I am with Indiana PD=Sept2001, I have got T case number from Senator Bayh.

Thanks

onlyhope said:
Hi, sleepless_in_IN
Does your friend has a Region case or a state case?
Too bad I still have not receive mine. Even my data was entered as almost the same level of complete and exactly same day as my co-workers.
(Originally Posted by sleepless_in_IN
Hi Onlyhope...A friend of mine who got the 45DL early June got approved in 10 days and got his hardcopy of approval early Aug. So your co-workers in Indiana who got the 45DL in July should be getting thier labor early next month.)

Today I registered on this forum, grats to me. After sitting on the bench for the last 5 years and watching these boards I decided silence is now my enemy. :D

I am one of the unfortunate cases that have been at the SWA since August of 2001. It has been an up hill struggle through correspondence with Mr Repogle and the attitude of we will get to you when we can. No-one seems to understand or care that your whole life is put into a state of limbo because of some process dictated to you by the persons in charge. Sometimes I think the people higher up in the state department enjoy playing god with our lives.

So enough whining, as mentioned my LCA was filed with a PD date of 08-2001, I received a case number way back then of 01-XXXX. Since then nothing has happened. Oh and as a side note the company I work for really sucks ass, they have double standards and cant be bothered about my personnel issues. So here I sit waiting with my 7th year renewal only a few months away.

The question I had was in relation to the e-mail for proof of LCA application, as you can see I am in my 6th so I guess I qualify for this. I mailed the DBEC waited 7 days and have had no reply. Today I mailed the PBEC and I am awaiting a response.

Anyone know how long it takes to get a response?
Anyone know if sending the e-mail to both BEC has any implications?
Last question I have been watching the Senator letter posts here as well and was wondering what the latest news was from the Senator if any? I will consider sending my letter to him as well.
Is there any consolation with paying taxes for so long and being able to work in the US regardless of your visa status, I mean there must come a time when you declared a resisdent based on time spent here? If I stay here for 15 years and work and pay taxes am I still a Resisdent Alien?

My suffering is silent, and painful. :(

Frustation

Hi Annoyed,
My PD is July-2001 going through the same pain and agony.Does your case number with Dallas start with a 'D' or 'T'.If you havent gotten your case number from dallas BEC - Its better your company folks send in a request and they'll send a screen shot.I sent via my personal e-mail and never gotten any response.They responded the same day when my company person contacted them.probably they give e-mails from companies more priority.

PSJV...

Hi, Sleepless,
I think receive 45 letter won't garantee your case will be reviewed with earlier PD. My HR told me they received the 45 letter for 2001 state case back in May, and so far, no certification letter received on that one yet. But they did received the certification letter for a reginal case around the same time they received the 45 letter.
So I guess Dallas might work on regional case primarily. Reading from the forum, don't remember seeing an approval for SWA cases.
Before, lots of us were confused why some 'D' case did not have 45 letter. And how they know some of the 'D' cases have not completely entered. My friend got a screenshot with 'D' case, under correction letter fields, there are 3 fields: 750A missing fields, 750B mising fields, and G28 mising Fields. And in each fields list the data that are not entered.
So that means some of 'D' cases data is not complete, even before only look at the first portion, most of the data is there. And second, the missing fields should be computer generated, so the BEC should be able to track which cases need to be complete.
So don't lose your hope, if hope is the only thing we have. They might use the PD to re-enter the case and generate 45 letter, and then situation for Indiana SWA case should not be too bad.
sleepless_in_IN said:
Neither Indiana nor State case. See post above. The point I was trying to make was that if the DBEC would send our !#&@(@!&$ 45DLs then we could have been approved in 10 days (assuming cases were clean). Instead we have to watch Feb 2003 PD apps get approved and move on to later stages, while our 2001 cases just sit. I'm just going bizzerk cos I've now waited 4 years for labor and counting.

Yes, you are right, if the name of alien and the requester are same, they don't send screenshot.

psjv said:
Hi Annoyed,
My PD is July-2001 going through the same pain and agony.Does your case number with Dallas start with a 'D' or 'T'.If you havent gotten your case number from dallas BEC - Its better your company folks send in a request and they'll send a screen shot.I sent via my personal e-mail and never gotten any response.They responded the same day when my company person contacted them.probably they give e-mails from companies more priority.

PSJV...

psjv said:
Hi Annoyed,

PSJV...

Hi psjv thanks for the reply.

I actually sent an email to the Phily BEC and recieved a reply from them with a screenshot attached in less than 1 hour.
My number came back with as a 'T' so i guess they at least have my information in the system.
Now my next hurdle is how far I am away from even seeing a 45 letter, lol it is like an ellusive diamond at this point in time.
I will keep my progress up to date if others keep posting their progress as well. :)
Another day and more frustration, :(

Some Hope ???? !!!!

Posted in Dallas BEC forum:

"We have started seeing approvals (RIR cases) for PD Jan/Feb 2003. Although many RIR cases with PD's 2002/2001 are still pending (partial data entry , no 45 days letter etc.). It is expected that the data entry will be completed in next 2-3 months... 45 day letters sent ... and their replies will start flowing in. So, in the meantime we will continue to see some approvals coming in for PD's Feb/Mar/April 2003. I think sometime in next 2-3 months we might see the approval queue going back to cases with PD's of 2001/2002 (as those are the really old cases), because then only the FIFO based on PD will be established in true sense.

Having said that, it seems cases with PD's later than June/July 2003 will have to wait for a very very long time"

just got the screen shot from Dallas BEC

ETA CASE NUMBER: T-05172-43XXX
Priority: September '02
In Data Review there is a field called Date submitted and that is May 05

any 45 DL

Has anyone from indiana SWA case received 45 DL in Aug?
mdutt said:
just got the screen shot from Dallas BEC

ETA CASE NUMBER: T-05172-43XXX
Priority: September '02
In Data Review there is a field called Date submitted and that is May 05

Hello Annoyed in Indy and PSJV
One quick question for you both. Mine PD is of July 2003 RIR. Either it has moved to Dallas BEC or Philly BEC center. I have no idea if my lawyer recd. 45 letter yet. My lawyer is fit for nothing. (One email for asking any question - they send me long invoices).
* Pls advise me of how to know where your case is stuck - dallas or Phill?
* Everyone keeps talking of emailing to BEC center for updates and they keep getting back replies in 1 hour time.. What is the email address so that I could also request the status of my case. I am on my 6th year and about to file for my 7th extension. Sometimes I wonder I am in India- Indiana soup.
* Would my emailing to these centers generate any replies or I have to beg my attorney to email BEC?
* Any generalised format of email you guys have? Thanks for sharing.
* What is a screenshot?

Thanks for all your help.

Hang in there...

RxIndy
I am in SAME boat. I assume you are MD. My PD is of July 2003.
To answer your questions. Our cases are in Dallas BEC (were shipped before Apr this year) They are being entered in a Permanent backlog elimination cases. They have started working on cases sent from Regional centers i.e chicago, Dallas, Atlanta SFO etc. They have almost reached PD of March 2003 as far as regional cases but have not even touched the state cases from apr 2001. Recently, with the effort of some Indiana people, they have slowed down the certification on regional cases and started putting the state cases in the system. To my best knowledge, all cases would be partially entered by Aug 26th 2005. They will issue the 45 day letter then. Expect your 45 day letter some time in september.

The email is h1b7yr@dal.dflc.us
You won't get any reply unless the email is sent from your company/employer's address.

The format is

Dear Sir/Madam:

I am requesting to get the proof of my filed labor to get an extension of my H1-B visa having Priority date MM/DD/YYYY. Details of the filed labor.

Requester/Alien Name: First Name Last Name

Company Name: ABC XYZ

Regards,
First Name Last Name

The screenshot is the reply you get from them. which gives details of your case status etc

There were some concerns about abuse of this service from BEC but your case, being genuine 7th year extension will be fine.
Good Luck

Sincerely

Thankyou and Stay in touch

Thanks Drhnp

Thanks for the detailed email help. I do appreciate it a lot. I have already intitated the process of my H1B renewal. **don't wanna take any more chances with Indiana system** You know !
I will let you know as soon I hear any news from any source about receiving 45 days letter esp. of PD July 2003. Did you receive your screenshot yet?
Did you file for your extension yet?

Thanks again
RPh

I am already on 7th year extension. I am getting ready for 8th year extension so I'll request a screenshot. Meanwhile, I had my compalny do another round of recruitment and am getting ready to file for PERM on Sept 1st.

Sincerely

Wow. So you would file for 2nd Labor certification application thru PERM and maintain the first RIR of PD july 03. Thats a good idea. Would you go thru same lawyer for PERM also or use 2 diff ones? I am also thinking that might as well get PERM started. But these lawyer's fees are so out of the sky. I will request a screenshot by tomm. (just a try)
Thanks
RPh

Using the same lawyer. (Got a little break on price). I was not going to do it when I heard of DOL's "One Person One Application" policy but since they have backed off, I will. The only apprihension is EB2 retrogression. If I cannot file I485/140, what is the point of getting LC done.

hI, drhnp

hI, drhnp,
Are you saying they will issue the 45 DL after the partially entering of the case. Some other people are saying after entering all the cases partialy, they will go back to complete the data entry, only when data entry is complete, 45 DL will be issued. My concern is when you go back to complete the data entry, will it on a FIFO ordery by PD, or still random like before. If that is the case (Random), we will be doomed again.
drhnp said:
RxIndy
I am in SAME boat. I assume you are MD. My PD is of July 2003.
To answer your questions. Our cases are in Dallas BEC (were shipped before Apr this year) They are being entered in a Permanent backlog elimination cases. They have started working on cases sent from Regional centers i.e chicago, Dallas, Atlanta SFO etc. They have almost reached PD of March 2003 as far as regional cases but have not even touched the state cases from apr 2001. Recently, with the effort of some Indiana people, they have slowed down the certification on regional cases and started putting the state cases in the system. To my best knowledge, all cases would be partially entered by Aug 26th 2005. They will issue the 45 day letter then. Expect your 45 day letter some time in september.

The email is h1b7yr@dal.dflc.us
You won't get any reply unless the email is sent from your company/employer's address.

The format is

Dear Sir/Madam:

I am requesting to get the proof of my filed labor to get an extension of my H1-B visa having Priority date MM/DD/YYYY. Details of the filed labor.

Requester/Alien Name: First Name Last Name

Company Name: ABC XYZ

Regards,
First Name Last Name

The screenshot is the reply you get from them. which gives details of your case status etc

There were some concerns about abuse of this service from BEC but your case, being genuine 7th year extension will be fine.
Good Luck

Sincerely

You are right, the 45 day letters would be coming in after full entry. But with abbriviated (partial entry) done, which I assume from reading different boards that it should be done by now, they will start data entry on earliest cases i.e Indiana april 2001 cases. Once 45 d replys are in, these cases would jump ahead of the queue. This way, a true FIFO would be adheared to, and certification of regeional cases would slow down till all older SWA cases have been certified. So from now onwards, we should start seeing SWA cases 45 d letters, and since there are not a whole lot of OLDER SWA cases except from SWA Indiana, California and NY, the full data entry on these cases should be done in September. So a little more patience my friend, and you can almost see the light at the end of the tunnel.

Sincerely

drhnp

drhnp,
What you assumed is the only hope I have.
But I just read from Dallas BEC thread, one SWA case with PD as Dec 2004 received the 45 letter yesterday. If the FIFO should follow for completing the partial entry, we should not see PD Dec-2004 getting 45 letter before us. If they are doing this is a random order again, we are toasted again!!!

drhnp said:
You are right, the 45 day letters would be coming in after full entry. But with abbriviated (partial entry) done, which I assume from reading different boards that it should be done by now, they will start data entry on earliest cases i.e Indiana april 2001 cases. Once 45 d replys are in, these cases would jump ahead of the queue. This way, a true FIFO would be adheared to, and certification of regeional cases would slow down till all older SWA cases have been certified. So from now onwards, we should start seeing SWA cases 45 d letters, and since there are not a whole lot of OLDER SWA cases except from SWA Indiana, California and NY, the full data entry on these cases should be done in September. So a little more patience my friend, and you can almost see the light at the end of the tunnel.

Sincerely

Status
Not open for further replies.