Indiana SWA tracker

Status
Not open for further replies.
Issuence of 45 day letter does not automatically mean certification. As per some insiders, the SWA's had send the LC packed in boxes and they have been sitting randomly in a huge room. Whichever box got picked up first, had their data entry done. Again as I said, from now onwards, as per information provided to AILA, they will be working on earlier cases, once a temporary FIFO is established.
One can only hope
Sincerely

45 day letter received!!

hello,

just talked to my company visa analyst that my 45 day letter has been received. BUT they would not response to it till they transfer my file to the freaking new attorney! she said my due date is 10/10/05 lot of time!!!!

but I am great that at least it is here.

Finally !!!

get info,
good to hear the news!!!
mine is july-2001 and hopefully mine will follow soon.

good luck

Getinfo Congrat,
Good new, I guess second 45 days letter for Indiana SWA.
Mine # T05175-xxxxx any idea when I expect 45 days letter.
Mine PD is oct 2, 2002.
Thanks

Great News !

This is really encouraging news, GetInfo ! Thanks for sharing. I think this is the first letter for Indiana SWA. My PD is December 6, 2001.

my co-worker received it as well

My co-worker with the same priority date with me received his 45 day letter as well. I think they started sending it out for SWA now! Ya! Or could it be the letter to senator work?! Anyway, hope that we all get it this month after this long wait!

Congrats

Congratulations, thanks for sharing this news... Hope rest of us from Indiana get soon. My PD is 9/25/01, RIR, IN state, never made to regional..

getinfo said:
My co-worker with the same priority date with me received his 45 day letter as well. I think they started sending it out for SWA now! Ya! Or could it be the letter to senator work?! Anyway, hope that we all get it this month after this long wait!

getinfo,

Congrats on making your first step towards the many more stages(replying to the 45 day letter, certifying in the system, another two months of mailing delay, etc, etc, ..) leading to an eventual labor certification.....thanks for posting your information.

indiacard, psjv, VijayD, Indianavictim, please post your 45 day letter receipt as soon as you get yours too.

thanks.

Perm

hi drhnp,
can you file PERM and also keep the regular labor certification open at the same time?what is the process if one of them gets approved?

Thanks

One month ago, DOL said that you can have only one LC. Due to pressure from AILA, they took back the statement and said they'll issue new regulations shortly. So for now, you can keep two. If one gets approved, you can either withdraw other or the company can keep it to use as labor substitution.

drhnp

Hi, drhnp,
So for your perm case, have you done the advertisement and another round of recruitement?

drhnp said:
One month ago, DOL said that you can have only one LC. Due to pressure from AILA, they took back the statement and said they'll issue new regulations shortly. So for now, you can keep two. If one gets approved, you can either withdraw other or the company can keep it to use as labor substitution.

sleepless_in_IN said:
Hi drhnp,

1. Is the PERM application for the EXACT same position that you have pending at the BEC? Are the job requirements identical? (I thought two application for the indentical position was not possible and that if PERM was applied for then the BEC application would have be withdrawn. I also thought that if it is for the exact same position then you can retain PD). Please share your approach to this. Would your PERM application retain PD? Or are treating it like completely new application?

It is slightly changed job description, so not exact. You can only retain PD on exact same position. Did not do it because it would have taken for ever for NPC to track older LC from BEC( you can imagine, we don't even have case numbers!!!). Am EB2, so priority was getting LC done before retrogression.

2. Which lawyer are you using? Please share if you can.
you don't wanna know. Took some hotshot out of DC (company was paying for it) He outsourced to a new recruit. Most of the times, I have to explain things or tell them rules. You'll be better off withsome single lawyer company or if you want a big firm, make sure the main person will talk to you once you have paid them.

3. Can you share what type of recruiting efforts were done other than Job order and Sunday paper? Do you know how long the other three recruiting efforts have to be?
2 ads in sunday paper. Single job fair, showed a contract with headhunter, Showed employee referral program

4. Please let us know how fast you get approved. This would be very valuable info. Thanks a lot!
I have been tracking PERM forum, a similer case applied on 8/16/05 got approved 8/26/05. Keeping my fingers crossed, have asked HR to keep looking in the Employer site for updates

GetInfo, Do you have any update?

GetInfo, I have sent you a private message. Please reply....

Vijay

Thought I'll share with youy guys. Filed PERM 9/6/05, Certified 9/13/05. Don't have hard copy yet. Hoping to get it to file 140/485.

Sincerely

45 day letter

All,
My attorney received 45 day letter from BEC.My filing date with Indiana SWA is July-2001.

Thanks

psjv said:
All,
My attorney received 45 day letter from BEC.My filing date with Indiana SWA is July-2001.

Thanks

psjv,

Thanks for updating us.

Hopefully indiacard (PD Sept 25, 2001), VijayD(Dec 06, 2001), Indianavictim(Oct 02, 2002) gets theirs too soon. Please update as soon as you folks get yours.

Last edited by a moderator:
Next in Line

As per original tracker sheet, folks Next in the Line are:

SunathiReddy: 8/17/2001
OhCanada : 11/5/2001
VijayD : 12/03/2001

Status
Not open for further replies.