Immigration through Son-In-Law/Daughter-in-law

kwan225

Registered Users (C)
Help would be appreciated if someone let me know that is it possible to apply immigration for parents-in-law? if yes what forms would be required?
Thanks in Advance.

since they are your in-laws, they are the parents of your spouse. Your spouse can apply for their GCs if he/she is a US citizen.

Sounds like the original poster is the parent-in-law. I guess, that's where the confusion is coming from.

Under new law (being discus in senate not announced yet) any US citizen won’t be able to apply GC for his/her parents or children above 21. They have to earn their own immigration base upon points systems. I’m citizen my wife got her GC few days back, her mother is all alone back in India there is no1 to take care of her, if this bill get passed she won’t be able to sponsor her mother by the time she gets her citizenship, so my question was that if there is any way you could sponsor your in laws.

Under new law (being discus in senate not announced yet) any US citizen won’t be able to apply GC for his/her parents or children above 21. They have to earn their own immigration base upon points systems. I’m citizen my wife got her GC few days back, her mother is all alone back in India there is no1 to take care of her, if this bill get passed she won’t be able to sponsor her mother by the time she gets her citizenship, so my question was that if there is any way you could sponsor your in laws.

And the answer was "NO".

Question: From above converstion should I understand that I ( a usa citizen whose son has GC) can not sponsor for GC for my daughter-in-law who is Indian citizen.

Hello again, in continuation of previous question: what type of visa should the newly wed daughter-in-law should be applied for? What should be the sequence to make her status proper to live in usa?
THANKS.