IGTE List - Any updates ??

No Title

Let\'s all send e-mails to LD and the HR manager to have lawyer\'s office do the "needful".

If we all request may be they will do it.

What do you think guys ?

No Title

Good Idea,
Infact this is what I have been doing since this morning.. Of course, no firm answer as yet from IGATE Legal Department. They still stick by their old Mantra - "I-485 is the employee\'s responsibility".

But I am sure if more people put in the same request, it would get the attention it deserves with the folks at the Legal Department. Also, my personal immigration attorney informs me that there is a way of doing this when the redo I-140 is being filed. If this is true, then the immigration lawyers should be able to take care of this for us, right???

Guys, whenever you get a chance, send an email to IGATE Legal Department, or your HR reps, or John Brendel informing him about this new development and requesting that they ask the immigration attorneys to address this on a priority basis.

No Title

This was exactly what I was telling you guys some time ago. It can be done. If LD refuses to do it, talk to IIO yourself. Only be confident in what you are asking for. Do not rely on IIOs to guide you. You need to tell them exactly what needs to be done. Remember the client interviews you used to do to get into projects. You will need the same kind of confidence when you talk to IIOs.

If you are calling with a filed I-140 receipt number ask them to link
this I-140 receipt to your 485 instead of the old one.

If you are calling with a approved I-140 ask them to substitute this new I-140 instead of the old one in your I-485 application. That is all there to it. Don\'t try to talk about Company name change etc at this point.

After they agree to do it give them a couple of weeks, Call back and confirm it has been done. Then talk about lifting the hold on 485. You have a case now because I-140 has the correct company name.