IGTE List - Any updates ??

No Title

It looks like no amended I140s this week in IGTE......coz there ain\'t no updated list on the site?

Do u guys have an answer?

No Title

Phil,

I guess it is because people like me and you called up the .... department and asked what .... is going on. They dont want to answer anyone so clammed up.

No Title

Checked with a friend who was in the 1st list. He hasn\'t received notice for the I140 redo as yet.

No Title

I am in the first List of amended I-140, but no receipt and no luck...waiting .....waiting.......

No Title

I don\'t understand why VSC has placed all the company name change cases on hold. I can understand if we changed our jobs after 180 days and VSC has put our applications on hold. But it is ridiculous to put simple company name change/restructuring cases on hold. AC21 does not mention anything about company restructuring as far as i know. If VSC is waiting for new guidelines to be published, they should have followed the old way of sending a RFE in cases of company restructuring till the new guidelines are published. Keeping the cases on hold doesn\'t make any sense.

No Title

Rajiv Gandhi, that\'s exactly the point. Write to Senators/Congressman and explain these things in detail. I and a few guys on this forum have already written to Senators and a director at the INS head quarter in D.C.

If more people write about this to Senators and congressman, may be they will pressurise the INs to either issue the guidelines or an RFE in the cases of simple company name change.

No Title

Intrepid,
I will write to senators. But I dont think it will make any difference. What we can certainly do is we can wait for another month or two and file a Law suit against INS. It is unfair to hold our applications. Moreover, if INS does not publish regulations, it is not our fault. Why should we face the consequences of misinterpretation of laws by VSC.

No Title

This is an articel from www.visalaw.com.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Nearly three months into the Bush administration, a new INS Commissioner was finally named. Following months of rumors about who would fill the position, an article in Roll Call, a daily paper covering Congress, said Senate Sergeant-at-Arms James Ziglar may be named to the position. This proved true Friday night, when President Bush named Ziglar to the position.

Ziglar must be confirmed by the Senate, which is familiar with him because of his work as Sergeant at Arms, the chief protocol and law enforcement position in the Senate. Ziglar, an attorney and former investment banker denied reports that he was unhappy in his current position, but did say that he is looking for more challenges.

Few positions could be more challenging than INS Commissioner. The agency has seen such tremendous growth in recent years that many see it as an agency that is now out of control. There is also growing bipartisan support of a move to split the agency into two divisions, one dealing with service and the other with enforcement. President Bush supports such a move, and made it a focal point of his campaign last year.

The majority party chooses the Sergeant-at-Arms, so Ziglar is a Republican. He arrived in this position just before impeachment proceedings against former President Clinton began. According to Democratic Senate leaders, throughout this process Ziglar was impartial and performed his duties for the Senate, not for a political party.

Little is known about Ziglar’s position on immigration issues.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Do you think the delay was because they were waiting for the new person to take over and give out a decision? And now do you think we will have to wait till he takes charge, settles in and the think of a decision?
???????????????

No Title

Seems Igate has received numerous notices for amended I140 from the INS....should we call INS \'s IIO after we receive notices to check the EAC number ? Would it be different or the same ?.

No Title

seems IGate has received many for the first list - I hope - they will be sending to us this week end through Employee Service Center ......for whoever is in the first list

No Title

Krishna Venkatrama

The receipts are not just for those who made it on the first list. My meployee id appeared on the second list and my HR representative just confirmed that she has a I-140 redo receipt for me!!!

It should be mailed out by end of day to-morrow!!!

No Title

What\'s next ?

Can we call INS and give them the EAC # and have our files put in the ACTIVE status ?

No Title

What do you guys think about 2nd EAD Renewal in Oct/Nov. My ND is 9/99. Do we really prepare the paper work in Aug/Sept or do we get our GC ?. Any thoughts?

Thanks

No Title

I did EAD Renewal last year in Arlington, VA ( Local INS) - it took exactly 4 weeks to get it in hand. Check with your local INS. Also, if some one is planning for a trip to India in the July-Aug period ---better to apply for Advance Parole/Renewal ( do it in local INS) by May 1st week. Donot keep hopes that GC will come in 1-2 months.