I140 Transfer from CSC to TSC

juntha said:
It s the USCIS's way to tell us to get a life and to stop checking on those cases every 25 seconds.
LOL

Ah... so thats what it is!!!

I wish there was a way to tell USCIS to act like a responsible governement agency rather than a freaking slot machine - so that people dont have to put other important decisions in life on hold and can get a life.

I-140 Approved.

Hello!

Got the transfer notice from CSC to TSC on the 21st of Mar.

Strange Monday. Got an email early morning (4.15 a.m. PST) saying that my I-140 has been received for processing and the usual 400 to 450 days to process, etc.

Exactly 6 hours later (10.15 a.m.), got an email saying that it was approved. "This case has been approved. On April 17, 2006, an approval notice was mailed."

My 1-140 was filed Jan. 31st or Feb. 1st.

My receipt number was WAC06800xxxxx, which is strange by itself. It was e-filed.

I have to wait to file I-485. PD Dec. 2003, EB3.

Got an email from CSC on the 14th of Apr (last Fri.) saying that my 8th-year extension of the H1-B was approved.

Regards,

Emil

WAC06<800>xxxxx

Very strange. Doesnt fit within USCIS standards. Mine was filed on Jan 26th, it goes like WAC06<088>5xxxx. Even with eFiling, why should it change? Anyways, congratulations. Also, do you plan to amend your H1 to get extension upto 11th yr. I have heard you can do it, dont know if it can be done after its approved. Let me know the procedure

FP Notice comes

Finally, my FP notice comes. 4/20, 3 months since filing 140/485.
Looks like TSC (transferred from CSC) is responding! :)

Mine is concurrent and I am still waiting for any LUD.

FP notice

My wife (same filing dates - see signature) got FP notice yesterday for 4/20. Wondering where mine is....(not that it is also 4/20 and it didn't come...).
Also, USCIS online database completely corrupted now - when you click on the 'login' button it comes back with an error right away.

EADs still missing - 1st sent to wrong address, now supposedly mailed to right address (no proof it really happened).

Hi arouncoumar!

Thanks. I was hoping that my I-140 would have got approved before the H1-B, so that we can request that it be issued for 3 years. I also doubt that it can be done after the fact. But, worth a try. Will ask teh lawyer today.

Regards,

Emil

arouncoumar said:
Very strange. Doesnt fit within USCIS standards. Mine was filed on Jan 26th, it goes like WAC06<088>5xxxx. Even with eFiling, why should it change? Anyways, congratulations. Also, do you plan to amend your H1 to get extension upto 11th yr. I have heard you can do it, dont know if it can be done after its approved. Let me know the procedure

Got FP notice as well

gc_2006 said:
My wife (same filing dates - see signature) got FP notice yesterday for 4/20. Wondering where mine is....(not that it is also 4/20 and it didn't come...).
Also, USCIS online database completely corrupted now - when you click on the 'login' button it comes back with an error right away.

EADs still missing - 1st sent to wrong address, now supposedly mailed to right address (no proof it really happened).

My husband and I got our FP notice too for 4/20... finally after 3 months..
Looks like they are issuing these notices in bulk :)

Congratulations!

maith said:
My husband and I got our FP notice too for 4/20... finally after 3 months..
Looks like they are issuing these notices in bulk :)

Since I'm relatively new here, can you please tell me what does FP notice mean? Approval?

me, too!

dabu said:

Well, at least FP notice came after almost 5 months. still 765 is not clered and have to wait for the interview at the local office. hopefully, this is a start of good things coming!!!

DocPC

140/131/765/485 ND 11/29/05
131 received 2/9/05 me and wife
765 receivd 2/21/06 wife
765 RFE 3/6/06 (new signature) replied (3/11/06) trnasferred to local for interview (4/5/06) for me, god knows why. still waiting
140,485 transferred to TSC 3/22/06
FP scheduled for 4/20/06

dont count on 3 years extn

hbcsc153 said:
Hi arouncoumar!

Thanks. I was hoping that my I-140 would have got approved before the H1-B, so that we can request that it be issued for 3 years. I also doubt that it can be done after the fact. But, worth a try. Will ask teh lawyer today.

Regards,

Emil

friends , just a small piece of info, one of my friend applied for H1 extn after 6 years. He applied for 3 years extn as he had an approved I-140, though he could not file I485 due to retrogression. He only got one year extn and he spent for premium processing. This is in CSC. he is in EB3, CA. According to me, if you are filing 3 years extn based on I-140 approval, try it with regular processing, its a waste of money to spend on premium processing not knowing if you will actually get 3 years extn. You guys know how USCIS sucks money out of us and hey lawyers also like every year extn and fees for them every year ..dont they???

Last edited by a moderator:
I-140 approval

Endeavour

I did not have USCIS account created before 30th. So I did not get email for the first step. The date for the first step from the online case status I believe though was either March 21st of March 24th.

My case # starts with WAC060695xxxx

Can someone answer my questions?

-Given that my PD is 09/08/05 what good is this approved I-140 for me?
-any ideas on when dates will be current?
-under what situations you get 1 year extension when you apply for 3 years?

KAG

Endeavour2003 said:
Hi kab_ayega_gc,

Congrats on achieving this important milestone in the GC process. Also it seems that you are the Energizer Bunny as well ( 2 unsucessful LC's and 1 successful PERM )

What was the date for step (1) for you....Or did you even receive this mail from USCIS CSC?

I-140 Steps

Step 1
On March ?, 2006, we transferred your I140 IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR ALIEN WORKER to an office in TEXAS SERVICE CENTER for processing.

=>
Step 2
On March 29, 2006, your I140 IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR ALIEN WORKER was received here for processing. It is taking between 400 and 450 days for us to process this kind of case. We will mail you a decision as soon as processing is complete."

=>

Step 3
This case has been approved. On April 17, 2006, an approval notice was mailed. If 30 days have passed ..............."

FP Done Today.

Hi,

I received the FP too after my I485 transfered to TSC on 03-22-06. Looks like TSC is moving fast. Hope i can my I140 done next month.

Just get my FP done this morning.

dabu said:

This is very interesting, does this mean that they've actually started looking at 485 applications? I saw someone else (Gaja....) who had a concurrently filed EB2 at TSC around the Sept30th deadline, who got the approval mail today (yes, guys, 485 approval).

khchan said:
Hi,

I received the FP too after my I485 transfered to TSC on 03-22-06. Looks like TSC is moving fast. Hope i can my I140 done next month.

Just get my FP done this morning.

If it's a concurrently filed case, and there are no name checks, most probably you will get both approvals together !!

Let's pray and hope!

Name checks?

dabuk said:
If it's a concurrently filed case, and there are no name checks, most probably you will get both approvals together !!

Let's pray and hope!

Hi dabuk.

What do you mean by "Name Checks?

Rambi said:
Hi dabuk.

What do you mean by "Name Checks?

Usually, FBI picks up some cases at random, and subjects them to a name check against all known terrorists/anti-national elements. If such a situation ever happens to anyone, it usually takes at least 9 months or so to clear...I have heard of cases stuck for 2+ years in name check.

Thanks.

dabuk said:
Usually, FBI picks up some cases at random, and subjects them to a name check against all known terrorists/anti-national elements. If such a situation ever happens to anyone, it usually takes at least 9 months or so to clear...I have heard of cases stuck for 2+ years in name check.

interesting

dabuk said:
This is very interesting, does this mean that they've actually started looking at 485 applications? I saw someone else (Gaja....) who had a concurrently filed EB2 at TSC around the Sept30th deadline, who got the approval mail today (yes, guys, 485 approval).
Where did you see this message?can you paste the link, i appreciate it.