I want my free EAD !

Raziel

Registered Users (C)
Today is a great day for me, i finally got my final approval letter in mail with the new I-94 after 7 months of wait for the FBI name check :D:D:D:D:D

unfortunately, I thought I would get a new EAD in the envelope... :(

I already have one but it will expire in January 2010

now, could anyone advice me how to get a free one? here is the issue:

January 2009 I got my EAD using the recommended approval letter, which will expire in January 2010

I can get a free one when I fill for GC at July 2010 so there is a gap from January to July 2010

if they have sent me the free one like everyone else the timing would be fine... most asylees don't pay for the EAD since they get a free one after approval and then get another free one when filing for GC after 1 year.

do you think I will get it later?

Thanks

Today is a great day for me, i finally got my final approval letter in mail with the new I-94 after 7 months of wait for the FBI name check :D:D:D:D:D

Thanks

Congratulations! The postman finally 'behaved' for you!

'hope knowledgeable forum members will respond your questions about EAD...

Thank you so much, and the funny thing that I didn't see the postman today... :)

hope your approval is in the way Kica...

Raziel dude AWESOME :D congrats!!!

about free two years EAD
you need to file the I-765 with the copy of your asylum granted I-94 and a copy of final approval letter, two passport photos.
in the I-765 section 15 you put asylee and then in section 16 you put A 5 (I went to federal plaza to pick up my I-94 and the officer there filled in these two sections)
(the paranoid freak that i am i kept my copy of the form which I sent in January of this year when i got my asylum through immigration court, so this is exact info)
and under this section you are not required to pay... send it all the, well that i dont know.
I sent mine to Nebraska Service Center.

it took me two months to get the new EAD card :D

Good Luck

my free EAD came automatically about 30days after approval... so you might want to wait about 30days (normal wait time for EAD)...one thing you can do is ...wait for 10-15 days or so and check the status in USCIS case status check online using your case number (ZARxxxxxxxxxx)...it should be 13 characters...

Wow, totally right...

I used to check my asylum case online but I always get "case not found" so I gave up, I checked it now and it says:
On July 23, 2009, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I765 APPLICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT AUTHORIZATION. Please follow any instructions on the notice. If you move before you receive the notice, call customer service.

by the way my case begins with ZCH :)

Thanks

Congratulations Raziel. Finally you got it. I am happy for you.
Don't worry, you will get the EAD. You waited 7 months for the final approval and it should be easy for you to wait another 30 days to get EAD.

Thank you so much... I'm so glad and I hope you get your approval soon

as for the waiting... i will wait for sure... it is just that I didn't think they will send the new EAD later... I thought they will never send it :) but I checked online now and it is on its way

Thank you so much... I'm so glad and I hope you get your approval soon

as for the waiting... i will wait for sure... it is just that I didn't think they will send the new EAD later... I thought they will never send it :) but I checked online now and it is on its way

I thougth asylees can't check asylum applications online. I can't check my application online.

yeah... this is what happenned to me, but it looks like when the case is approved "final approval", you will be able to check it !!!

and something else, it is not indicating that it is an asylum case any more online but acting as I765, APPLICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT AUTHORIZATION

Last edited by a moderator:
LOL, SOMETHING AIN'T GOING RIGHT WITH RAZIAL.

first 7 months and now no EAD!!!!!!! RAZIAL, i think u r gonna have to wait another 7 months for EAD. LOL kidding.

it is fine, I don't mind waiting, I already have EAD from the recommended approval valid till January 2010 , I want this one only to fill the gap from January - July 2010 :)

You will get your EAD in the mail. You do not need to apply for it. Also, technically you do not need an EAD to work now that you are an approved asylee. There are many things you can do.

Raziel,

What a relief! You found a place for refuge and you're now free from those you wanted to persecute you.

Enjoy this victory and make sure your all dreams become true!!!

Congratulations.

You will get your EAD in the mail. You do not need to apply for it. Also, technically you do not need an EAD to work now that you are an approved asylee. There are many things you can do.

Thank you, I was confused in the begining because all the asylees that I knew got the EAD with the final approval letter... but now it is all cleared. I will get the EAD by mail :) and true I don't need it to work since I'm an approved asylee, thanks again :)

Raziel,

What a relief! You found a place for refuge and you're now free from those you wanted to persecute you.

Enjoy this victory and make sure your all dreams become true!!!

Congratulations.

so much relief, thank you so much ViaPalermo ;)

UPDATE: today's destination SS office

congrats!

I used to check my asylum case online but I always get "case not found" so I gave up, I checked it now and it says:

opening case portfolio in uscis website, and signup for automatic email alert...after filing case helps a little (little more than postman).
may be while filing for GC.....or for family petition if ur married.

:)

Great advice, Thank you, I did it yesterday... I will miss the postman... he won't miss me for sure

WOW that was fast, I just got my new EAD in mail and the strange thing it is valid for 2 years !!!!! I think they saved me the hassle of applying to it with my GC application :)